Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should there be an Equestria Girls show?

Forlong

To be simple, short, and straightforward: no.

MLP FiM is about magical, pastel-colored ponies being totally epic, not magical, pastel-colored ponies who went through a magic mirror to snag an army of tweenage high-schoolers in a completely futile, desperate take over the Poniverse.

Celestia, Discord, even Luna, could quell the uprising easily with flying colors.

And as for Rainbow Dash? She can do it for sure... in ten seconds flat.

As much as I LOVED the movie and MLP, I don't think that we need ANOTHER MLP show. It would provide too much conflict in both series. Though another Equestria Girls movie, that, I wouldn't disagree to.

tumblr_inline_mq474phoZI1s4hi7b.png

'Should' is a loaded question I'm going to avoid, but I will say I wouldn't mind if one was made. Watched the movie again today and I enjoyed it a fair bit more than I did the first time around.

The film was great second time i watched it as well, its so short its quite easy to watch :)

Im not sure they should make a series, but if its similar to the film it would still be fun to watch so i wouldnt mind so long as it was parrallel to the show and not intertwined so much :P

• 5 weeks later...

Yes. Honestly the characters were just as charming as they were in pony form. So I don't really see why not.

Plus, Hasbro has actually stated that if they do decide to air one, it would be in no way affiliated with FiM. So no problems there.

I also just want to see Fluttershy more in human form. She was extremely adorable.

Edited by takai

Yeah no.

It was fine and decent enough as a one shot movie, and even then it encompassed several unnecessary subplots and minor plot fails that just didn't make sense.

The TV should spinoff would not last. It would be lacking severely in quality of storyline and the characters as it would basically be a total facsimile of MLP:FIM....but with humans! :P

Plus a lot of bronies would rage. Trust me.

Rage. Rage wars everywhere.

Abolutely 100% NO.  It would probably lead me to leave; possibly for good (which sucks because I have grown to really like FIM as a show.)  It would just be too damn awkward having to explain that to non-bronies and other people.  (Hell, it was hard enough having to explain the movie.)  Plus I found the movie to be (plot wise) very mediocre.  Some people (not everyone) tend to rave about it like it was the best thing in the world out of (dare I say) blind optimism.  Yeah, I know that I shouldn't care what people think about me, but I have a public image to maintain and professionalism to strive for.  It would just be too weird for me.  I couldn't do it.

Please Hasbro.  Don't fuck us.  PLEEAASE..

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1

No they should not make a show because it was a good one time spin off but if there was a show about it would not be my little pony because they are human, and it could not be called equestria girls because equestria is latin for horses so it would all be illogical unless it was by another name.

I agree with the popular opinion in this thread that there is no need for a TV series. The movie was nice, but it works best on its own. I also believe the production crew should be putting their time and effort into MLP: FiM (The Hub's main rating giant) right now.

Edited by CloudMistDragon

I'd love an mlp spin off series, but how would a spin off based on Equestria Girls even work?

They didn't seem to be making an effort to set themselves up for a series, nor do I see room for one. 

I also hesitate to support the notion because of the character designs. They worked well enough for this one movie, but I don't think I'd want to stare at them for a whole series. 

No, if there is a spin-off, it should be set somewhere else in Equestria. 

I'm not sure how that would work.  They'd have to have the Twilight from the human universe for some reason move to their school, then convince her that they all have pony counterparts in an alternate universe and that Twilight's pony helped them defeat an evil being.  The rest of the show would just be them doing high school stuff.  It would attract a different fanbase, but it wouldn't be mlp anymore, really.

Nope nope nope nope. We already got a movie, we don't need more honestly. It wouldn't be as interesting as the show without the all the races and the magic and the adventures. Besides, EG is kinda the buzzkill of the pony franchise. Its.....okay. It wasn't that bad. Etc. People were kinda just "ehh"

• Brohoof 1

I think that making an EQ show would be really cool :)

Maybe they do a bonus season with them as humans or something, I would like that! But I doubt that'll ever happen.

But still, that would be a cool idea.

-Neon

I haven't seen the Equestria Girls movie, but it would be a fair shot to try and make a show about it.

A spin off of a show would be nice, but a series would be an extension to the movie: live-action or not.

The idea of a High-school show (IE: Dergrassi, High School USA), suit able for teenagers and up or kids and up.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

And have FiM's quality suffer yeah right. Seriously some of seem to forget that the writers are human and need a break from writing. Having 2 shows wouldn't do anything but make the quality for both show diminish.

Yeah I don't think so  >_>

The movie was ok, but I really don't want to see Hasbro get attacked again, they may just cancel off the show if people keep responding so negatively to their stuff. There was a HUGE outrage due to the announcement of the movie, so I don't want to have to see the fandom revolt again :( Besides a show based off the human world would just be a typical teenage drama show. *gag* Obviously Sunset Shimmer demon is the only thing that has attacked Canterlot High so the show wouldn't have as much adventure and awesomeness as the MLP does. I find shows centered mostly around high school drama just boring. Equestria Girls was once a movie and should stay a movie ;)

>mfw I saw this thread.

img-1858594-1-tumblr_mt1auscUtc1r0jkkko1

Definitely not. The movie was bloody awful. Various plot-holes, poor design on most characters, if my dilemmas could be as quickly solved as the whole 'Twilight trashing the gymnasium' conflict and the anti-climactic ending, I would not be as stressed as I am.

Secondly, it would be just a terrible spin-off of Friendship is Magic, just humans, and even worse, knowing how the writers did on the movie, the entire show would be simply based on a campus ambience while hardly even trying to differenciate the setting, such as the poni-poni version has the Everfree Forest, Appleloosa, Canterlot, Ponyville, Crystal Empire, etc.

Also, if the characters could have less personality than the movie, I might as well watch a stoic attend a campus.

Even then, there really is no point of having a show, seeing as how Twilight went to the human world solemnly for her crown, therefore to return again would extremely idiotic, seeing as how she does not have the basic academic necessities to even be in high school. An even worse possibility is having them never age, so being stuck in the same class year after year.

In general, this entire idea is something to avoid, seeing how awful the outcome would generally be, such as the film.

So again, no. An Equestria Girls show would be dreadful.

img-1858594-2-tumblr_mt1auscUtc1r0jkkko4

Edited by The Paris Swing Box

I'd rather keep it the way it is. I wouldn't want Hasbro to be ruining it by making a Disney-channel style comedy show. Even though this might not happen, I don't want to encourage those greedy bastards to do so. Have you seen that Equestria Girls ad in live-action? Ew.

ngbbs4f07e03abf28c.gif

The reason why is because is that Equestria Girls is meant to be a movie and I've heard it is NOT canon. I mean like, that would just ruin the original MLP:FIM show and the EqG fandom will go crazy.

Nah. The movie was enough. I don't think the concept of the show could work without basically being the ponies version in human form with a different setting. (The ponies teaching Sunset Shimmer about friendship).