Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike the dog?

pinkiepool

I don't think this was 100% confirmed yet so don't blow a fuse so fast.

Given what we've managed to hear Equestria Girls does seems to be it may not live up to everyone expectations.The producers and staff really are keeping all the information lip sealed until the day is near. Hopefully we get more insight on this because for me I'm in doubt that Equestria Girls will be exceptional.

• Brohoof 2

Ancient news. Also, again, this was never fully confirmed, it's still very much a rumor. The only thing really confirm about Equestria Girls is that it's a movie (and therefor unrelated to Season 4) and that it will involve humanizations. That's about it.

But that won't stop us from panicking, of course.

• Brohoof 1

i dont know, spike the dog has been posted everywhere i have seen equestria girls. i also dont see what else he could be. a bird? a cat? i think not.

An eight-year-old boy, maybe? However, the fandom has been known to seriously jump to conclusions in the past (MLP being a Magical Girl show and Discord being a recurring villian/John deLancie voicing recurring characters were considered canon at at least one point before), so I think we'll see how Equestria Girls turns out when the movie actually comes out.

Unrelated, but I think my favorite headcanon is what would end up happening to Big Macintosh? My favorite being that he will remain the same: a talking horse. x3

• Brohoof 1

It would be ironic since Spike was the only one with hands (in a sense), and then he would have no poseable thumbs while the former ponies would.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's Spike from a parallel universe. He's always been a dog here and it doesn't affect Spike in Equestria because only Twilicorn travels to this bizarre universe. Also Twilicorn could stay here for all I care, while human Twilight travels to Equestria.

Edited by MadPointer
  • Brohoof 2

Well, besides that nothing is confirmed at all about this, it also could be good. This isn't affecting spike as a dragon in MLP, and I want to see this before I start condemning it.

• Brohoof 1

To all those saying that this isn't confirmed, while I appreciate your optimism, this seems like something that's stupid enough to be real.

Ugh. Just thought about Dog Spike X Human Rarity. I'd assume, that they'd just wouldn't "go there", but Spike has hearts in his eyes for a brief second in the trailer.

Bad memories of Transformers 2 are rushing back, man...
  • Brohoof 1

To everybody saying that this isn't confirmed, it is. Watch the trailer. :P

I was really hoping this wouldn't happen. Spike has been established as an individual, definitely above the rank of just a pet. dry.png

But I guess there wouldn't be many other ways to put him into Equestria Girls anyway, I don't think making him human would quite work... Hmm, I don't really know about this one. XD

• Brohoof 1

I think spike being a dog is hilarious.How they are going to play out his affections with Rarity is another story.

Do you know what dogs do to peoples legs?

I digress,this is a kids show but it's still going to be just as hilarious some other way.

Deathflame.

• Brohoof 1

Well I personally dislike loathe anything Equestria Girls related, so this just gives me another reason to hate. Sorry guys, but I won't be watching this new show anytime soon, especially if my "wittle spiky-wikey" is a dogdry.png

• Brohoof 1

I admit, I just watched the Equestria Girls trailers a short while ago, and oddly enough, it was the option to make Spike a dog in this film was literally the only thing that really ticked me off about it.

I strongly believe this demands an explanation; Why make Spike a Dog?

How would it harm the show to make this parallel version of Spike a human as well? you could make him human and have him downplayed so that you still have the Mane 6 as the story's focus. wouldn't that make more sense?

I'd go as far to say I'd almost sell my soul to understand why they made Spike a dog of all things.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the Problem is... Every single Person, no matter if intended audience or brony, will have to seperate EqG from FiM. We have "the same" characters in both. And now we have Spike the dog. I hope, Meghan saved the movie from destroying itself automatically through its premise by her writing-skills. But having to make the only male main character, a sentient, equal being in FiM a "pet"... I don't know if Hasbro ignores the message that Comes straight to my mind with that.... Something like "An intelligent being of another species cannot be equal to a human in this spinoff or a Pony in general"...

This marketing-guy said something about ways of identification with the shows characters, but do you want to identify yourself with a "pet"?

Well, we just have to wait until we can judge it.

• Brohoof 1

Spike being a dog is the only thing that completely sucks about Equestria Girls so far. He is a character that had a personality and development, and seeing him being degraded into a dog is insulting for his fans.

I feel that the decision on turning Spike into a dog was a cop out, an easy route the writers took to put him into EG. Makes me sadsad.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

yeah thats the one HUGE thing that really pisses me off.

is Spike not also a sentient, intelligent creature? why make him a dog, as if he's not on the same level as the ponies?

spike is not a pet, and he should not be a dog.

and yet.....

he's absolutely adorablewub.png what? NO, spike is not a pet!

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

Spike is a dog most likely because he seen in the show as that.

The helper, the loyal friend, the sidekick.

He's not Twilight's pet, but they sure make it look like it.

• Brohoof 2