Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to be immortal?

I_wesley125

234 users have voted

1. 1. would u want to live 4 ever

• Live 4 Ever
    • live a normal life
    • Stare at the moon
    • how did i get here like seriously a minute ago i was looking up cat videos

I would seize this opportunity without a seconds thought, I would pay a much higher price in fact to see how the world would be shaped years, centuries, thousands of years into the future I would not pass such an opportunity regardless of the costs involved my desire to see the world progress would be too great.

• Brohoof 2

Hell yeah immortality!

All the emos here that're all "It'd suck seeing my friends and loved ones die" are missing the point: You can get new loved ones. You won't have to miss your great granddaughter's wedding due to being dead. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd take it without second thought. My rationale is that even without me around, everything i know and love will be gone eventually, no matter my personal grief. So why be morose about it?

As an immortal being i have the ability to learn so much, understand the universe and explore places others could only dream of. I could perform feats so incredible i'd be either considered a superhero or the scourge of humanity. Pain, heartbreak and sadness are washed away by time, and i'll have a nigh-infinite amount.

Either way, i'll have the absolute freedom to choose my own fate, when im not held back by the flaws of the mortal form.

• Brohoof 3

No... not at all. I would hate to be immortal. I don't want to outlive all of my family and friends :/. And I don't want to eventually get bored of living. Which, you know, is sort of a given once you've been around for billions of years.

Which begs the question... if all of humanity dies, what will you do after that?

Yes, but here's the thing:

I would hate ​myself for accepting it.

​​"So why would you accept it?" I hear you ask.

Well, I wouldn't accept it for me. I'd accept it because if I couldn't die I could really affect the world, I could do so much to help the world if I couldn't die. I'd accept it so I could help other people and so I could make the world a better place without having to worry abut my own life, because I would both have an endless life and no life at all. At some point everyone I know and love would die and I would become a soulless husk of a man, but I'd continue helping people. On top of this I'd never be able to kill myself; my whole philosophy is that you can do so much more in life than you can in death.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Immortality is impossible as a "god" unlike Princess Celestia and Buddha. If I were immortal, I'm off the ground as a Spirit of God and I say to them "listen to the sound of my voice".

Edited by Allen

Ooh, this is tricky. Usually I would say no, but the fact that I would be able to kill myself if I wanted does make it seem a bit better. But then again, given that I could kill myself simply by wishing it, what if I was just going through a bad phase and killed myself but would've regretted it later if I had survived? It seems too risky. But then again, if I was immortal I'd be able to do everything I've ever wanted to do and more. I'd essentially become the wisest person in the world; ya know, look to the past to see the future or whatever. But then again, if I were to be alive for so long, I'd undoubtedly witness such horrible things as nuclear war, mass extinction, the rise and fall of civilizations. But I suppose it would all be very interesting to watch. I'd probably fake my death multiple times so I could go down in history again and again under different aliases and for different things. ...I guess I would agree, yeah.

As long as I die when the world ends. I don't want to be aimlessly wandering in an empty wasteland or floating in space for all eternity.

Edited by SpaceOnion

No, no no no no no no no! I don't want to live forever! That would be my worst nightmare! Because being inmortal means that you will see your friends and family all die, over and over again. Everytime you make new friends you know you're going to be left alone later. And you'll see humanity slowly destroy the earth. No, I don't want to live forever! Never!!!

I'd want to stay living a mortal life. Maybe I COULD try and expand my lifespan by a few decades, if possible someday, but that's it. Immortality comes with a lot of downsides. You'd watch your friends and family die one by one over the years, your could even live to see the end of the world itself! Imagine being the last human on earth, and you have no one to be friends with!

*shudders*  :awuh:

Immortality is actually a really terrifying concept, I for one think it's exciting that we only have a set amount of time, and who knows what is after death. There being nothing is only one possibility. 

redactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredactedredacted

Edited by Vennax

I want to live forever because I fear death. I don't want to be old and feel miserable and slowly die and lose consciousness. I mean really, I am terrified that I will at one point in my life never see the light of day again. I'll be free of all the awesome things in my life. I don't know what it feels like to be dead, but I dread it. With immortality, I don't have to worry about that! :D

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

No, I wouldn't. Just give me a normal life to live, seeing all the people I care for die around me would just be a never-ending depressing cycle.  

Nope. It’d be fun for a while. But then you’d deal with everyone you cared for dying while you’re still around. Doesn’t matter how many friends you make. They’ll all die. Plus it’d just get boring as all hell. 

• 1 month later...