Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to be immortal?

I_wesley125

234 users have voted

1. 1. would u want to live 4 ever

• Live 4 Ever
    • live a normal life
    • Stare at the moon
    • how did i get here like seriously a minute ago i was looking up cat videos

Living forever would be awesome, aside from the fact that someday you'll have to deal with the world ending (either through the sun going Supernova or something crashing into the planet or resources running out) and would then have to deal with being alive while not being able to breathe. Impervious to harm does not mean that bodily functions will continue to work when there's nothing to work with. You can't breathe if there is no air.

<.< Still, it would be great to be able to play as many video games as I want until the end of time. Best. Eternal. Life. Ever.

• Brohoof 1

Immortality by itself, no. Infinite youth, sure. I think I'd be able to deal with all the eventual deaths around me, but growing infinitely old and decrepit would suck hard.

Being able to kill yourself at the end would totally change my view on the matter. Normally I'd argue that when you become immortal, your chances of being trapped forever in some way instantly rise to 100%. But with the suicide-o-matic option, you don't have to worry about that. So yes, I would.

Life is too tiring to take it on for millenia, or centuries. After a while, you have seen enough, done enough, experienced enough. That'll do. All immortality leaves you with is an empty feeling in the end.

You know why death exists? Because you cant rest when you are alive. ;)

Life is too tiring to take it on for millenia, or centuries. After a while, you have seen enough, done enough, experienced enough. That'll do. All immortality leaves you with is an empty feeling in the end.

You know why death exists? Because you cant rest when you are alive. ;)

Though if you're immortal you could be a freaking billionaire. Just put a couple thousand in a bunch of seperate banks and watch the interest grow, not to mention the eventual fame you could achieve.

Well...having put thought into the subject...watching everyone die around me would completely suck, but then again, due to my point of view on this subject, I would take it. I'd be thankful that they lived in the first place instead of sad that they died. I'd be able to keep my loved ones happy through their whole life. :wub:

Posted Image

And I would probably set out to be the richest man on the planet. Then, lock away my money and join the army.

WORLD PEACE CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED BY VIOLENCE. :D

Posted Image

And then, when I'm bored of life, I'll write a will that divides the cash among my...family, I guess, and then kill myself via thought, to make it painless.

No. I would utterly hate to be immortal, because then I would outlive all of my friends and family, and all of my friendships/romantic partners would die rather quickly from my point of view. There's also the fact that I would probably be cursed with no healing factor, and thus I would be unable to heal any major injuries I would get, like chopped off limbs.

No. I would utterly hate to be immortal, because then I would outlive all of my friends and family, and all of my friendships/romantic partners would die rather quickly from my point of view. There's also the fact that I would probably be cursed with no healing factor, and thus I would be unable to heal any major injuries I would get, like chopped off limbs.

You would be able to heal drastically more then if you did not become immortal.

Even if I could kill myself, I don't think I would do it. People would find out and either become jealous or capture me to study me. I would live on while everyone I knew around me grew old and died. My mind would continue to age even though my body is the same. I think I would go insane. I would rather not take the deal.

If you were presented the opportunity to be immortal, would you?

You are immune to injury and disease, the only way you can die is if you kill yourself.

You are also granted the ability to kill yourself by thought, incase you lack a means to do so.

Would you take it?

If not, what would you change in order to accept it?

I assume no aging then. Yes, I'd take it because it is a one-time opportunity that nopony (apart from the obvious) has ever had

Edited by Envoy

Immortality is both a blessing and a curse. Unfortunately, it is more so the latter... No matter how many things you did, the human mind that would inhabit your body would always want more and better, as is the way of the human. Immortality would be a torture to the immortal, as they would be forced to see the pointlessness of advancement, whether it was there or not. The immortal, COULD attempt to learn and help society, but most likely, would spend their days being poked and prodded by scientists, eager to replicate the curse, blindly seeing it as a gift. Death is a natural part of all life, and it is especially important to those lifeforms who truly know of it. Humans are programmed to try and stay alive, in that way, we are more persistent than even the hardiest of cockroaches, thus being immortal would go against everything that it means to be human. Of course this is just my opinion, and you may have a completely different view than me, which I thusly respect, sense I have no way of currently knowing why you think what you think! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

i would take it life is too short for me if i could live as long as i needed to than it would be much less stressful

my friends and family would all grow old and die yes however i already have a lack of empathy the pain of losing someone i care about went away from me years ago what i want more than immortality however is to be somewhere more like equestria so that i would be free of worries like in this human world where i could be surrounded by happiness and where all of the problems of todays life are completely unheard-of

that would be a far more valuable gift than immortality and i would take the chance to have that any day

but yes i would take immortality if it was my only choice

If you were presented the opportunity to be immortal, would you?

You are immune to injury and disease, the only way you can die is if you kill yourself.

You are also granted the ability to kill yourself by thought, incase you lack a means to do so.

Would you take it?

If not, what would you change in order to accept it?

Read Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love" Especially the section called "The Tale of the Adopted Daughter" I wouldn't wish immortality on anyone.

As long as I can kill myself, yes. If the time comes when your loved ones are all dead and you've done everything there is to do in life, you can still die just as you would in a regular life. But if you do get to that point and decide you want to carry on, you have that option too.

Not to mention all the good you could do for the world.