Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[closed] Casting Call (episode 02 of Equestria: Hidden History)

Dreamsong

(edited)

Equestria: Hidden History

episode 02 - "Alliances"

Casting Call!

ROUND 1 CLOSES ON 1.JULY, 2013

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAPPHIRE --    HAS BEEN CAST

(FEMALE LEAD - appearing in all future episodes)

Lieutenant.  Head of security for P. Celestia.  Fully capable of kicking tail and taking down names... still she has a gentler, softer side that will be revealed as the series progresses.  We've got to believe her capable of great depth of emotion, as well as being a "cast-iron 'B'".

PERSONALITY:  Korra from "Korra" meets Laura Croft from "Tomb Raider"

AUDITION LINES:

SAPPHIRE                                                             Over the last several months, we’ve been receiving an                      increasing number of credible reports from around                          Equestria... that there is a movement leaning toward                       the formation of a representative government.                                                                                            What concerns me is that they don’t seem to be trying                      as hard anymore to hide their existence.                                      .    .    .                                                                                           (THIKNING)                                                                 I’ve never wanted to be anything other than what I am                      -- I love being a pegasus.                                                                                             ...Looks like this is the place.                                               (ALL BUSINESS NOW)                                               Don’t talk, don’t show any emotion.... You just keep                       that spell going, and follow my lead.                       

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RACKSTRAW -- HAS BEEN CAST

(villain - LARGE PART in EP02... appearing in at least one future episode)

An orator, extremely skilled at twisting truths and misinformation to his own ends; completely comfortable with saying things he knows to be untrue.

PERSONALITY:  Amon from "Korra" meets Scar from "Lion King"

AUDITION LINES:

RACKSTRAW                                                                       (IN AN ORATORICAL VOICE BEFORE A HUGE CROWD)                                                   The ruling elite did exist in balance before... but                        now, with Princess Luna gone, you and we all fall under                    the whim of a single, dictatorial ruler!                                                                      There is no oversight. We have no representation. We                       have no recourse!                                                          How can we know what goes on in the mind of a pony who                     is not one of us! Celestia is an Alicorn!                                                                                    She is far more powerful than every Earth Pony, every                      Pegasus... and every Unicorn in Canterlot, combined!                            (DO NOT USE CONTRACTIONS!)                                                 I am not saying that Alicorns do not serve their                           purpose... but rather that we... we ourselves should be                    able to determine what is right, for ourselves!                                                                                                                                                         Earth ponies!..                                                            ...And Pegasai!..                                                          ...And Unicorns!..                                                                                   ...Together!!!    

QUEEN OF SADDLE ARABIA -- HAS BEEN CAST

(lawful-good  -  SMALL PART in ep02, LARGE PART in EP 03)

Gentle, maternal, warm and wise.  An Earth Pony striving to be as good a leader as P. Celestia.

(Believable/applicable accent preferred)

SUGGESTED PERSONALITY:  Cheerilee meets Sarabi from "Lion King"

AUDITION LINES:

QUEEN OF S.A.                                                                   Oh you poor dear! And you’re thin as a rail, what                          happened?   
               Oh gentle princess....  I just can’t imagine that of                       Princess Celestia!  She’s been the epitome of wisdom                       and compassion ever since I first saw her when I was a                     filly.    
               We should send a delegation to Princess Celestia at                        once! 

KING OF SADDLE ARABIA -- HAS BEEN CAST

(lawful-good  -  SMALL PART in ep02, LARGE PART in EP 03)

Strong, honorable, warm and wise.  An Earth Pony striving to be as good a leader as P. Celestia.

(Believable/applicable accent preferred)

SUGGESTED PERSONALITY:  Sallah from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" meets Mufasa from "Lion King"

AUDITION LINES:

KING OF S.A.                                                                    (JOVIALLY)                                                                 But of course, Princess Luna. Saddle Arabia has long                       valued the relationship with her sister kingdom across                     the great water. But tell me, what of your sister? How                     is she these days? I have not seen her since...                            (REMEMBERING/THINKING)                                                     ...Oh, since before the gray crept into my mane. 
               Princess? Tell me, is something wrong?  
               That is of grave concern...                                                (BEAT... CONSIDERING)                                                      If it be so.    
               You are, of course, welcome to stay here gentle                            Princess.                                                                  (BEAT...)                                                                  Any further action...  however, must be ...carefully                       thought out.                                                

EXOTIC STREET VENDOR -- HAS BEEN CAST

(neutral-good  -  SMALL PART appearing only in EP 02)

Playful and canny; underneath his joviality, he is thinking several moves ahead of his customers.

(Believable/applicable accent preferred -- written with Eastern European accent in mind)

AUDITION LINES:

EXOTIC STREET VENDOR                                                            But Silver Lining, you purchase my last quills! You                        leave me with nothing until next week!                                                                                          But surely, each quill last a month at least!                 So, the life of Princess Celestia’s personal student is                    not all one of sweet oats and hooficures?       
               (STILL WARM, BUT NOW SERIOUS)                                              Any word about our dear missing princess?                   
               The moon still rises... of course she is okay. But...                      as winter draws near... do the nights not feel...                          colder?    

Vizier -- HAS BEEN CAST

( chaotic-good  -  SINGLE-LINE BIT PART in EP 02 -  also appearing in EP 03 with possibility of more lines )

Butler-like, but with a mind of his own.  Skeptical and not afraid to make his opinion known.

AUDITION LINES:

VIZIER                                                                          Announcing, her Royal Highness, Princess Luna of                           Equestria.                                                                                                                                            Oh, Your Majesty, you shouldn’t have....  No, really,                      you shouldn’t have.                                                                                                                                   So, you’re Princess Celestia’s student?  And that makes                    you exactly... what... here in our kingdom?                                                                                                                                              Don’t get flippant with me - no, on second thought...                      do.  I relish the competition.                              

Watch all the episodes at: http://YouTube.com/SilverPonyPlayers

Edited by Dreamsong
  • Brohoof 3

I will definitely try to audition for all the male roles, seeing as female voices are the only thing I CAN'T do.

Anyway, I have been in MANY series on youtube, so I will definitely be a valuable asset!

I'm interested in this project. Its been sometime since I've done any voice acting. Sadly I won't be near my best recording equipment for two weeks. I can audition with some sub-par equipment (dynamic microphone without a pop filter or boom), but it will be messy. How long will you be holding auditions? ]

I am sorry, I realized a major a factor in all of this. I dont have a microphone, or a laptop. Damn it, this looks really cool, but im going to have to take back what I said previously. Sorry

(edited)

I'm interested in this project. Its been sometime since I've done any voice acting. Sadly I won't be near my best recording equipment for two weeks. I can audition with some sub-par equipment (dynamic microphone without a pop filter or boom), but it will be messy. How long will you be holding auditions? ]

I'd like to have them done by the 1st, hopefully that be enough time but I can cast if your using some rough equipment. But if you can make sure to use the best equipment you have if you get casted. Edited by masterchaoss

I'd like to have them done by the 10th, hopefully that be enough time but I can cast if your using some rough equipment. But if you can make sure to use the best equipment you have if you get casted.

If I do get casted that would be a close call if life permits. (Dang jury duty!) for extra characters to post I will tell you I use a mxl 990 with an audio interface for recording.

Well, I checked out the first episode and this seems really cool! I am definitely going to audition for Rackstraw and Vizier. This will be my first audition for...anything! So I am very nervouscited. 

• Brohoof 1

Hello! I'm new here (had to make an account to respond) and would like to express my interest for the role of Rackstraw. The only problem I really have is that I have a microphone but I don't know if it is up to par with what you want for your cast to use. You can be the judge on that when listening to the recording attached. Thank you for listening and hope to be working with you all.

Throttlesky Rackstraw Audtion.wav

P.S. Even if I don't get a part, I really like the story and will follow the series anyway. I've always been one to overthink Equestrian history.

• Brohoof 2

Hello, I just recently made this account for this audition, so, here are my lines. I tried auditioning once for a reading, but I didn't get the part, so, I'll try again here! If I do get any parts, please contact me any day from Wednesday to saturday, I'm at my Dad's place all other days of the week and he doesn't have any internet. Thank you for your time and for this opportunity.

rackshaw2.mp3

vizier.mp3

vendor2.mp3

• Brohoof 2

Hi, I know that I'm relatively new to this site, and I saw the ad on Equestria Daily. I love to voice act and so I thought I would audition for all the available female roles. I'll upload them as soon as I possibly can. Thank you!

• Brohoof 2

I have two for "Vizier", because I had no idea whether he should have been nasal or stereo-typically "prim and proper fancy". So have two.

um little problem you may want to upload you fancy version again its file for a youtube video right now so yeah you may want to get that fixed.

(edited)

Huh, it's mp3 format for me. I'll get to it eventually.

Imma add pointless characters now

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat 

um little problem you may want to upload you fancy version again its file for a youtube video right now so yeah you may want to get that fixed.

K, This version should work unless your computer cant read MP3s

now for some useless characters

Oh, and by the way, first time doing anything like this

-edit- this file was messed up too

Edited by thatpizzapony

I haven't had such a chance before as most applications are for mares! Finally someone needs a stallion. Here is one voice I thought could go well for Vizier, although it can be altered if needed. I also have a cold, so the final lines, if I am selected, would be clearer.

Vizier application.wav

• Brohoof 1

Huh, it's mp3 format for me. I'll get to it eventually.

Imma add pointless characters now

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat

K, This version should work unless your computer cant read MP3s

now for some useless characters

Oh, and by the way, first time doing anything like this

no it's not that it's not reading the mp3 its just that unless your audition is a rant about youtube you uploading the wrong file.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

no it's not that it's not reading the mp3 its just that unless your audition is a rant about youtube you uploading the wrong file.

Crap, I think that one was meant for YouTube and I saved over the other one... I'll get a replacement tomorrow...

I'll delete the ones that are posted and hopefully...

Embarrassing.

Let's just pretend that never happened

Edited by thatpizzapony