Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you go back and do things differently?

Well... One thing I'd definitely change was the fact I had a huge crush on this girl back in Grade 6-8... It was a very miserable experience. Did not want to learn about crushes in that way. Wrote a love poem for her that was snatched from me and read out loud to almost everyone else. I crouched in utter embarrassment and shame. It was a terrible experience. Other than that, that's all I would change because I know the life story I have was set for a particular reason, and it turned out to my benefit, even if it didn't seem that way at that moment.

No, I wouldn't go back to fix my mistakes. Firstly, I don't want to go through high school again because of how shallow many of my old classmates were. Secondly, everything has worked out despite my somewhat poor academic achievement through high school and I'm currently pursuing my dream anyway.

The only thing that's up for debate is my 2 year journalism course that I dropped out of. I could decide whether I want to finish it or whether I want to skip it or head straight to what I want to study. After some thought, I think it's for the best to keep things as they are. I learned some really important things about the media industry that ultimately lead me away from that position. I also gained some important college skills and knowledge that helped me when I applied to my last program.

... buuuut if I COULD do one thing different, I would have played the violin or cello instead of the clarinet and played with the string section in my high school. I played the clarinet in the school band, but I freaking loved how amazing the string section sounded. It sounded like they put genuine effort into their songs and it always sounded so good!

Of course I would. If I could back and fix certain things I think I'd be happier now. Sure I would have different problems of which could be better or worse, but still. It never hurts to fix a few wrongs...I wouldn't try to change anything TOO much though.

But dammit, if only I'd been more bold back then. If I had, I'd have jumped on the opportunity to date this really cute girl who was totally into me during my freshman year, only I was too stupid / blind to see it at the time. Oh, Sonia...truly you are the one that got away. The perfect intellectual and artistic type girl for me. If only, if only...

Now you mention it there was this girl in high school I had it bad for. I finally got the bottle up to ask her out for a drink-she told me that she's always thought of me as a friend, and didn't want to mess it up. I.E: The brush off.

I got curious one day and looked her up on facebook. The years have not been kind-She went from being a real looker to resembling W.C Fields. And she's had a close relationship with the refrigerator. I didn't regret the brush off.

• Brohoof 1

Ohh man, you don't wanna know how much i would do that and how much my life would change. But theres one thing tho, if i went back trying to change something i might not have changed school, and that was the best decision of my life as i met two great friends.

Reminds me of "If you could change yer fate... would ya?" from Brave. xP 

No, I wouldn't do things differently in my past. I'm satisfied with the lessons I've learned, and the way I've grown as a person through some of my hardships. 

As tempting as it is to say yes I think this is a bit of a dangerous question as if we focus too much of the past and get down on ourselves we can never move on. Yes I have screwed up I have taken things for granted and waste opportunities but it is through making those mistakes that I have truly learned to appreciate what I actually have and has given me the drive and ambition to actually fix them and get my life together. For too long I have just been drifting through life and while it is entirely my fault as I did have to take care of my sick father and had responsibilities with work and school I have neglected so many other things in the process. I didn't have any direction in my life but now I do.

I have grown up and struggled with Autism and have had to fight for everything I have and I want to become an author to write about and share my experiences so maybe some others can avoid making the same mistakes and getting stuck in the kind of rut I did. Alot of Autism children and teens are thriving thanks to advances in therapies, treatments and a better understanding of how the Autistic brain works but once they reach adulthood many of them fall through the cracks and I feel I have been one of them and I intend to change that.

(edited)

Yes.

I feel it was meant to go this way. If it didn't, I wouldn't be me. I would also be living a likely worse life than I am at the current moment.

BUT, I WOULD have excercised more and maybe have played baseball this year, because even though Im not athletic I can still run pretty fast short distance.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

Maybe, but I'd never want to go back to school. that was the worst kind of hell. The main thing I'd change though is the way I didn't take advantage of the more creative type classes. I now find myself wanting to be able to draw and play piano, and years ago I was in a school where I could easily have learned those things, but I just thought: "nah, I'm not interested in that stuff."

It's dangerous, however, to dwell on the past for too long. What's done is done.

• 4 months later...

I'd have to think a bit about that. Keeping in mind I only started high school this year, I'm not sure if I'd need to.

I guess I would like to have left a different first impression on the people I met at my new school. Back when I first went there, I didn't really bother much in my appearance, which I know I should have. I was a little irritable as well as my parents had just divorced and I had to leave my friends, yada yada yada....

I would be a little more out there, I would have talked more often. I was a little quiet/shy so I really needed to...

I do have friends, but not as many as I'd like to have. I would make friends with everyone possible, I guess... And I'd put more effort into my schoolwork.