Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is lying wrong?

Lunatic

When you think about it, people are lying FOR A REASON

so they know the truth would hurt the other person.

I once got into an internet argument about how it's wrong to imagine being intimate with someone else while being intimate with your partner.

The person argued that it wasn't wrong, but wouldn't tell their partner they did it.

I said that they were lying to their partner though.

And they said "well I never said..."

You don't always need to lie to be dishonest. ~

G: If I got pregnant, would my body turn you off.

B: Of course not. You have so many attractive features that a little bump isn't going to turn me off. Besides that bump is a product of our love, how could I dislike it.

~

I suppose things are different when you are truly in love, like think of old couples. Elderly men and women are still attracted to their partners.

yes it may be so but I personaly think it would turn me off. and im verry scarred to one day tell my girlfriend/wife the same thing. becouse like all women they want to be beutifull. but im really sorry but... when your pregnant your breasts start hanging becouse of the mothermilk, you get fat, etc. etc.

again SORRY if this offends you but thats how i think about it.

Edited by lunatic

When you think about it, people are lying FOR A REASON

so they know the truth would hurt the other person.

I once got into an internet argument about how it's wrong to imagine being intimate with someone else while being intimate with your partner.

The person argued that it wasn't wrong, but wouldn't tell their partner they did it.

I said that they were lying to their partner though.

And they said "well I never said..."

You don't always need to lie to be dishonest.

Sorry, big text made it hard for me to read this time.

If you're referring to my previous argument, I'd say I wouldn't get pissed. Obviously I'd be still hurt because the dude was lying to me, but would I get angry? Not really.

If you're referring to your example, you could be/are right about that (IDK, I'll figure it out), but the whole point of being dishonest if through confrontation they decide to not be straight with the person they're talking to. In that case, he wouldn't be lying to his partner IMO. This could be countered with the fact that he's being straight up with YOU and telling you this instead of his partner so that could shut my argument up.

Lying is very very wrong. If you lie alot, you go to the devil's. Well, not exactly......if you are a very bad person then yeah, you know what I mean. Not to be rude! Your very kind. I've lied myself. I regret it.

Are you religious? Sorry for asking in advance.

Lying is very very wrong. If you lie alot, you go to the devil's. Well, not exactly......if you are a very bad person then yeah, you know what I mean. Not to be rude! Your very kind. I've lied myself. I regret it.

well im not religues so the devil can get a cold.

im not offended :) and i also dont like to lie that much, on the other hand my brother lies all the time.

but i think that when my partner would cheat on me and admits that it was wrong/an eccident. then i'd like to know that. becouse if i would find out about it later i'd be furious.

Cheating is unacceptable under all circumstances,

there is no time where that can be considered okay. ~

Cheating is unacceptable under all circumstances,

there is no time where that can be considered okay. ~

i think your right. but when my partner would admid that and tell me i'd be dissapointed but not mad becouse he/she would tell me the truth.

Lying is ok in some situations, but in some, when there is no reason and it would be a selfish statment, lying is wrong.

Example:

"Do you think I'm fat?" (Best way to respond would be, Of course not! Or if it were a certain situation you could say, your not fat, your a normal weight, but if you feel like you are we can exercise sometime.)

"Do you have *Insert Disease Here*? (Best way to respond would be telling the truth! Or if it were a really important to lie for the benefit of more than yourself)

Thats my personal opinion. What do you think? :wub:

well im not religues so the devil can get a cold.

im not offended :) and i also dont like to lie that much, on the other hand my brother lies all the time.

Tell meh about it! ^_^ I hate lying. I'm sure everypony does too.

Lying is ok in some situations, but in some, when there is no reason and it would be a selfish statment, lying is wrong.

Example:

"Do you think I'm fat?" (Best way to respond would be, Of course not! Or if it were a certain situation you could say, your not fat, your a normal weight, but if you feel like you are we can exercise sometime.)

"Do you have *Insert Disease Here*? (Best way to respond would be telling the truth! Or if it were a really important to lie for the benefit of more than yourself)

Thats my personal opinion. What do you think? :wub:

do you think im fat? thats a question that you can answere honest only if you know the person well enough to not hurt his/her feelings.

do you have *insert desiese* i have asperger syndrom you cannot see it on the outside but if people ask me if i have that i wont lie to them in fact im happy that they noticed that means they care enough to listen to me and to care about me to ask.

Tell meh about it! ^_^ I hate lying. I'm sure everypony does too.

everypony hates it but yet i havent seen one pony that said they never lied.

• Brohoof 1

do you think im fat? thats a question that you can answere honest only if you know the person well enough to not hurt his/her feelings.

lol I said that, If it were a situation were telling them the truth to give it to them easy: "Or if it were a certain situation you could say, your not fat, your a normal weight, but if you feel like you are we can exercise sometime."

I agree with the last one, but best way would be to just tell them, if their your real friends they will like you for who you are.

i think your right. but when my partner would admid that and tell me i'd be dissapointed but not mad becouse he/she would tell me the truth.

I see cheating as a form of lying because it can be prevented with the truth,

"Lately I've been having dishonest thought towards you" "I don't feel happy in this relationship anymore" "I am not attracted to you anymore" etc etc

If one is honest form the start, it can be prevented entirely :P and the relationship can terminate properly. ~

I've never lied in my entire life.

Posted Image

is this lie wrong?

I see cheating as a form of lying because it can be prevented with the truth,

"Lately I've been having dishonest thought towards you" "I don't feel happy in this relationship anymore" "I am not attracted to you anymore" etc etc

If one is honest form the start, it can be prevented entirely :P and the relationship can terminate properly. ~

thats also true, BUT what if one still loves his/her partner but does something on impulse? like when he/her gets drunk.

lol I said that, If it were a situation were telling them the truth to give it to them easy: "Or if it were a certain situation you could say, your not fat, your a normal weight, but if you feel like you are we can exercise sometime."

I agree with the last one, but best way would be to just tell them, if their your real friends they will like you for who you are.

and (this already happened to me) a random girl asks you if she's fat. (witch she was) it would defenently hurt her feelings. but why care? you dont know her and she asks you a personal question. so why not tell her the truth?

Harmless, yes. Wrong, yes. Why? Cause it's a stupid joke, which could lead to me not being taken seriously in serious discussions like this.

thats a good answer, becouse you added the picture of the lieing applejack it was considered a joke. take the picture away what do you have then? would it still be harmless? even tough its hard to beleave that one has never lied.

thats also true, BUT what if one still loves his/her partner but does something on impulse? like when he/her gets drunk.

Alcohol is never an excuse.

If you truly love that person you would never do that.

I've been drunk etc and I can completely control who I kiss etc etc

there are no excuses. ~

ps. also if you truly loved that person, you wouldn't put yourself in those sort of risky situations in the first place :P ~

thats a good answer, becouse you added the picture of the lieing applejack it was considered a joke. take the picture away what do you have then? would it still be harmless? even tough its hard to beleave that one has never lied.

Based on my previous actions, it'll still probably be harmless cause it's still a joke; just less stupid and more bland.

Lying is ALWAYS WRONG...

But that doesn't mean it's never good.

You're confusing right/wrong and good/bad. Lying at times does have great benefits, but it is NEVER RIGHT to do it, even if you could win the lottery.

and if your friend would win the lottery? would it still be wrong becouse you didnt do it out of a selfish act.

Alcohol is never an excuse.

If you truly love that person you would never do that.

I've been drunk etc and I can completely control who I kiss etc etc

there are no excuses. ~

ps. also if you truly loved that person, you wouldn't put yourself in those sort of risky situations in the first place :P ~

i think your right on the keeping yourself in controll part. i also have verry little problem controlling myself wile under influence of alcohol but my friends on the other hand some of them go creasy wild while they didnt drink THAT much. it depends on how well you can handle alcohol.

and if your friend would win the lottery? would it still be wrong becouse you didnt do it out of a selfish act.

Of course it would still be wrong. Like I said, lying is always WRONG, but that doesn't mean it's always BAD.

Of course it would still be wrong. Like I said, lying is always WRONG, but that doesn't mean it's always BAD.

so your not making any differends between good and bad lies? you saying all lies are bad lies and some of them have good conicwenses. is that right?

so your not making any differends between good and bad lies? you saying all lies are bad lies and some of them have good conicwenses. is that right?

No. I'm saying all lies are WRONG. Not all lies are bad. Some are good. But even if the lie is GOOD, it is still WRONG.

You're confusing right/wrong with good/bad.

Good is basically if something has positive outcomes.

Bad is if something has negative outcomes.

Right is when something is completely morally acceptable, meaning that it doesn't go against our moral values.

Wrong is when something goes against moral values.

Edited by Midnight

I try not to lie unless it's absolutely necessary.

Generally speaking lying is wrong and does not usually bring any true "good" result. It might bring a selfish result that satisfies you...but that is not good. If I lie...I feel guilty about it.

I'd much prefer to tell the truth or if I really don't want to share an answer then I'll avoid the question.

• Brohoof 1

"You look lovely today!"

*she looks like she just woke up in the morning, and didn't brush her hair, or do anything*

... that's about the only situation I could see one getting away with a lie.

but yeah, lying about anything else would end up making you look dishonest if you're caught. I'm a terrible bad lier, so I can't really get away with lies, not that I'd want to now-a-days. I'd just tell things how they are, and hope for the best... or explain myself if things seem to get out of hand for whatever reason. There's little shame in telling the truth, but there's much shame if you're caught in a lie.

"You look lovely today!"

*she looks like she just woke up in the morning, and didn't brush her hair, or do anything*

... that's about the only situation I could see one getting away with a lie.

but yeah, lying about anything else would end up making you look dishonest if you're caught. I'm a terrible bad lier, so I can't really get away with lies, not that I'd want to now-a-days. I'd just tell things how they are, and hope for the best... or explain myself if things seem to get out of hand for whatever reason. There's little shame in telling the truth, but there's much shame if you're caught in a lie.

yes i'd cleaned my room.

yes i'd took a shower mom!

no i wasnt late for school.

yes i've walked the dog.

there are millions of lies that you can get away with easy without getting cought.

and all these would save you from getting someone mad at you when they dont have to.

becouse next time your not going to forget to walk the dog or your going to get up earlyer.

and yes getting cought is samefull you can avoid alot of shame by simply not telling.

I try not to lie unless it's absolutely necessary.

Generally speaking lying is wrong and does not usually bring any true "good" result. It might bring a selfish result that satisfies you...but that is not good. If I lie...I feel guilty about it.

I'd much prefer to tell the truth or if I really don't want to share an answer then I'll avoid the question.

you make it sound that lying is always a selfish act. i disagre on that. you can defenently lie for someone else's good.

no i didnt see my brother eat your chocolate mom.