Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How attentive are you when you're watching something?

fimdash

How attentive are you when you're watching something?  

89 users have voted

1. 1. How attentive are you when you're watching something?

• I pay super close attention. I don't look away even once.
    • I pay pretty close attention.
    • I pay attention for the most part, but I'll check my phone or do something else sometimes as I'm watching.
    • I'm watching, but I'm usually multitasking while I'm watching.
    • I don't really pay attention at all. I just turn it on and take a glance at times.

It really depends on what's playing. Sometimes when I'm in my living room just chilling on the couch, I turn my TV on and surf the web without even checking to see what's on. 

For me to pay super close attention to what's on TV, I have to turn it on with the full intent of watching TV. And it's gotta be something that interests me. Something informative. 

I tend not to pick up on the small details that everyone else seems to be crazy about. I often get distracted by my mind's crazy shenanigans, and this results in me missing out on some neat shtuffs.

Damn you, brain...

Well it depends. I have my tv on all day but most of the time I won't actually watch it and instead be on my laptop or iPod. If its a new episode, I won't really look away except on commercial breaks, and all my attention will be focused on the tv. If its a rerun of something then I'll focus my attention on it a little bit but I'll also be doing other things.

It all honestly depends on what I'm watching.  Sometimes I'll put something on when I'm bored, and not really care about the show so I won't pay much attention and maybe play Pokemon while I watch.  However, if it's something I enjoy watching like Psych, The Walking Dead, The Blacklist, etc. I will pay very close attention.

• Brohoof 1

Like everybody else, it depends with me. For me, it depends on how interested I am on the subject matter. If it's a boring psuedocoumentary on Discovery Channel that I have on for background noise, I'm definitely on my computer chatting with friends, but if it's a movie I really like, I'll put my computer on sleep mode and watch the movie.

I tend to pay close attention to a movie or TV show, especially if it is good. If it is not good, then of course my attention can be a bit harder to keep, but I try to give those things a chance unless they are flat out atrocious. My mind is constantly going on and on and I always seem to be thinking about different things, but I can still comprehend a movie if I enjoy it.

For me paying attention to what I am watching is a must.

However I notice that even I have trouble doing so if i'm not at the movie theater. There's just to many distractions and I always feel like I can be accomplishing other things while watching a movie or somethign at home. With that said I do make a very good effort at trying to not get distracted at all most of the time

It depends...if it's like an anime movie or something it'll have my full attention. It it's a regular movie I can't just sit and watch it. I usually get up on go on the computer that's within range of the Tv, that way I can watch and google stuff at the same time. When it comes to tv shows I have to be interested or else I just get up and leave, or fall asleep while attempting to watch it. 

• 1 year later...

It depends on what I'm watching. If it's like a super long movie, I usually can't sit through it because I get bored with some movies fairly quickly. It has to have an engaging plot, interesting characters, and an easy to follow story for be to become interested (Hence why I got into MLP :3). I don't watch TV or that many movies anymore because to me, there isn't a whole lot worth watching.

I don't always watch tv, but when I do you better shut up and leave me the hell alone! Lol I only watch a few shows and I really enjoy them so I play close attention.

I am usually pretty attentive... It's only if I'm tired or the movie is so boring I feel tired that I won't be... I know my limit though, and will stop trying to watch a series if I'm tired, because then I won't even remember the episode and that sort of stuff...

Really depends on if I'm watching something I'm interested in. If I'm not interested, I stop watching, and If I am, I pay attention. Apparently I have ADD, but it certainly doesn't feel like it when i'm doing/watching something I enjoy.

It depends on what I am watching really. I mean if it is a really good movie I love then I will pay pretty close attention. (Often check my phone because I RP a lot.) But if I am just watching the TV for background noise and I am on my computer, I'll multitask. XD

I'm usually very critical of whatever I'm watching, especially if I like it. As someone who looks for quality, and is extremely judgmental, I watch every episode of MLP very closely to look for the smallest flaw or thing I don't like. MLP is the only show where I have a rating chart to show what rating I have given every episode, from episode one and still updating it today. However that is just MLP, my attentiveness level seems to depend on how much internist I have in what I'm watching for the first time. If it doesn't hold my internist, it doesn't deserve my full attention.   

Edited by Zantetsuken