Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you smoke ?

Belgian&Brony

(edited)

Health wise. Although science says that smoking is unhealthy. IT is also not the complete truth. I mean, I'm not the one putting nicotine into cigarettes. The companies are doing that. Would I put it in them if I owned the company? No....    

Don't you mean tar?

The tobacco companies do apparently add additives making them worse: but nicotine is naturally part of tobacco leaves, and smoking them releases tar naturally grown or not.

I don't think smoking is a good idea: but if there was no nicotene then why would anyone bother with tobacco and not just smoke any old dried up leaves?

Edited by Asherdangerdash

Well it your life, I'm not going to judge you, but I will feel sorry if you get addicted and blacken your lungs. I'm not trying to convince you to not smoke, but I'm just saying I think it's not a good thing. I think you need to see how many people die from cigarettes though...

Oh I already see how people die. But people die from all manner of things and smoking is only one of them. I'm also 37 years old so I've had a goodly amount of time to think and see all things in relation to what i choose to do. I can quit right now just like any other thing just like any other pony but you can't say that I don't know or will not see it from all aspects then one single negative idea about health. But there's is something you also can't deny. If you've never done it in the first place... there was once a day i sounded just like you and was not far from your age either.

Don't you mean tar?

The tobacco companies do apparently add additives making them worse: but nicotine is naturally part of tobacco leaves, and smoking them releases tar naturally grown or not.

I don't think smoking is a good idea: but if there was no nicotene then why would anyone bother with tobacco and not just smoke any old dried up leaves?

because smoking dried up leaves from different trees and plants sucks more then you think it does because i tried it out of curiosity. Tobacco leaves burn differently and thus actually inhale differently. Something you would never understand if one hadn't smoked ever. That entire experience good or bad would be forever a mystery to you. Smoking also does not make me a bad person or one that won't lend a helping a hand or one that doesn't know how to love or one that doesn't know how to learn. I also said that genetically, i have a predisposition to smoking whereas if someone that had never smoked came from a family that also didn't smoke than smoking as a trait based action would never be understood. Although I can be and do all those things without smoking, who's to say that I wouldn't have understood them if I never smoked in the first place. The very choice of smoking may have been a catalyst that added to my wisdom and nature of all things. 

The only times I've ever smoked, it was an E-cig. I will not smoke actual cigarettes, just because my parents do it. I wish they'd stop, but they probably won't.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The only times I've ever smoked, it was an E-cig. I will not smoke actual cigarettes, just because my parents do it. I wish they'd stop, but they probably won't.

Well you've never smoked then you've vaped, because E cigs release PV or VG vapours and not any kind of smoke, as I use them instead of cigarettes smile.png

Do you use it a lot or were you just trying it?

Edited by Asherdangerdash

*facehoof* with badass I mean that you have courage to kill yourself

THAT courage is what I call badass I personly dont smoke sigarettes or sigars

Sigars and Sigarettes are pretty much bad

I smoke a bong (waterpipe) I know its very stupid and deadly but I dont care about that I'm dead

Everyone I know calls me gay and sick because I love mlp

My whole life is full of insults and kicks

I smoke medical stuff to let my soul and mind feel better and more free

I have the same anger problem as Adolf

If someone walk nexts to me and says you are a gay pony faggot I dont respond the very friendly way because of my anger problem

Smoking a bong makes me feel better more peacefull and helps controlling my problem

The stuff that I smoke is a mixture of grinded stinging nettles and green tea leaves

I hope its clear now to everpony why I smoke

I know how you feel. I tried marijuana for a little bit to help with all of that. I stopped, because somebody close to me wanted me to, but I want to go back and start doing it again. Now, the nettles and green tea leaves, I'm not sure how that helps. I've never met anyone who does that. But, hey, whatever works for you. And, I also agree that it does take courage to do something that's slowly killing you.

Well you've never smoked then you've vaped, because E cigs release PV or VG vapours and not any kind of smoke, as I use them instead of cigarettes :)

Do you use it a lot or were you just trying it?

I was only trying it. I was curious, because my friend had two, and I asked if I could try one. I did enjoy it to an extent, but it also did kind of burn my throat. If that friend comes over, I might do it again, but I don't do it any other time.

(edited)

My dad told me he'd started smoking in his teens, 13 or 15, I forget. I always hated it. I always thought I was allergic to the 'something extra' they put in his favorite brand- still no idea what, specifically- so he used to blow the smoke in my face if I asked him to put it out. It made my lungs sort of... not work right. All I know is I couldn't breathe until I left the room. Road trips sucked. Now, the smell of any cigarette - 'special' or not- makes me gag. In answer to your question - and I'm not even going to touch on the whole 'badass' thing, I think you got the picture from everyone else- no, I don't smoke. Even if I could, I still wouldn't.

Edited by CutieMarkChallenged
  • Brohoof 2

The image below says it.

No_meme_rage_face-s600x511-312887.jpg

Even though I'm 15 years old and I CAN'T smoke, I will not ever do that **** in my life. EVER. And what retard said it's badass? It's retarded, not badass.

• Brohoof 1

How... did you... smoking is not "badass".  Smoking is like pacifiers for adults, that kill you.  I started smoking at 12, and just quit this year thanks to the technology of electronic cigarettes.  Without them, I have been desperately trying to quit my entire life and always go back to it.  It's a crutch.  It's a security blanket.  There is nothing badass about it.  Jumping out of a plain with a parachute on is badass, smoking is just addiction.  And thank God for e-cigs.  Now if I could just get unnadicted to THAT.  

Never smoked, never plan on smoking. It's a big waste of money that can be spent on much more meaningful pastimes or endeavors. Not only that, I struggle enough to control my addictive tendencies as is so it's a pit that I would have so much trouble getting back out of.

As for the whole smoking is badass thing? That's nothing more than market propaganda advertising schemes to get you to buy something that puts you at risk of being in the shackles of addiction in order to rob you of your financial freedom money which just happens to cause adverse side-effects to smokers and non-smokers alike. Not that the latter's much of a concern to those selling that poison.

I did smoke for about a week but then decided that it was the most stupid thing, it doesn't make you look badass it makes you look like an idiot, its a waste of money and it poisons you into an early death.

• Brohoof 3

I honestly have no idea if you're kidding or not (apparently the post I made right when you made this topic didn't go through :c).

Because smoking is not "badass". It kills you, it makes you look like an absolute dweeb (if you know something is bad for you and can potentially end your life why do it?) and it generally is a disgusting habit. You're poisoning yourself and others around you (second-hand smoke being just as much if not more deadly than the actual item). I am under the age to smoke, and though many of my peers do and have offered me cigarettes I have refused. Drinking and smoking are two things I could never do. :c

Dude, bronies are so freaking badass. Just look at ~Fire Sky~ and his awesome fire poi stuff or Crispy and his amazingly manly beard. I collect knives, shoot bows, and play with fire. That is badass. Smoking is giving yourself over to weakness and dependance. That is far from badass. If you wanna smoke, I won't bash you for it. But it's not cool. My dad always told me that if he had known what he knows now, he would never have started smoking in the first place. It's just not a smart move.

All of that being said, I know the OP is an obvious troll trying to say something controversial to see people's reactions.

i know this is going to be mean an i dont really care but smoking is retard an if your a smoker then you are one of the most dumbest person alive in my opinon but i one of the retards that tryed it an i quite shortly after but i am still a retard for even trying to begin with its pointless waste of money hurts other an yourself and its retard i know i could list alot of reason right now but i said enough for now.

i smoke, but its stupid there is nothing cool about it. i only smoke cause ive been smoking since i was 15. it makes your breath smell like shit your clothes smell like shit, and makes you die quicker, i prefer bud, though illegal you never hear of someone diying of cancer because of weed, or getting a tumor!

• Brohoof 3

Why do you think smoking is bad-ass? It's a horrible addiction that destroys your lungs, kills you slowly, tastes bad and smells bad. I think you are in the minority that thinks smoking is cool, I do not smoke and I try to stay away from people when they are smoking because I don't want to breathe that stuff in...

In short, no; I don't smoke.

its badass because you need courage to do that everyone who smokes dies

If you smoke it means that you are not scared of death not much people want to die for only looking cool

Smoking itself is no badass THE courage is badass I do smoke but I dont look really cool but retarded and crazy with it

I smoke a bong mostly when I'm alone I won't really get damage when I smoke because I dont use tabbacco

And smoke a bong instead of cigarettes the only damage I get is my troath being sucked apart from the inhaling

i smoke, but its stupid there is nothing cool about it. i only smoke cause ive been smoking since i was 15. it makes your breath smell like shit your clothes smell like shit, and makes you die quicker, i prefer bud, though illegal you never hear of someone diying of cancer because of weed, or getting a tumor!

weed is almost harmfull you are right for thinking green but the only problem is that the government makes weed illegal people ask why does the government make a medicine illegal ? Its because the tabbacco and alcohol companies want money *facehoof*

I for one do not smoke. I've tried it and it just wasn't for me. It's a dangerous thing to do seeing as you only get one life and I for one want to live as long as possible. Also the fact that everyone in my family who has died has died due to cancer caused from smoking. So

I have a different view on smoking. I definitely wouldn't say that smoking cigarettes makes you bad-ass, it's a legal drug that slowly kills you and the people around you. People are allowed to make their own choices with their life and some choose to smoke and others don't.

• Brohoof 1

I don't and I never will, I am an asthmatic so even second hand smoke aggravates that greatly and I really don't see the appeal. There are hundreds of deadly chemicles in one cigarette than in their purest forms could kill you in minutes, I just don't see why exposing myself to that when it won't even get me high or nothing is worth it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Reading all these vehement anti-smoking posts makes me want to put a cigarette out in your eye. It's not badass, it's not retarded, it's not smart, it's not for losers. It's just something some people choose to do or don't. I am a smoker, but I am neither proud  nor ashamed of this fact. It's just something I do. That's it and that's all.

Edited by stryker
  • Brohoof 1

No, never have and never will. I hate everything about cigarettes and tobacco, a lot of my relatives smoke and I always steer clear of them whenever they do it, somehow no one in my immediate family does so I have nothing to worry about there, but over time I have just grown to despise cigarette smoking, should be illegal if you ask me.

• Brohoof 2

Well even tho most people wont agree with me, i do smoke.

I will say right away that i don't agree with you that smoking is "badass" i do agree some people look cool while smoking, but smoking in general doesn't make you a badass. Smoking isn't really as hated in my country actually i haven't met a person who hasn't tried them ( i guess were 1# in the smoking ranks for a reason...) And to be honest while it is true they are bad for you, they do cause an addiction and you do smell like cigaretes after you smoke them, its all exaggurated in the media. My grandpa has been smoking since he was 18 and yet his 76 now and still alive with no problems, it really depends on your actual health and your in more danger if u start and stop then if u keep on smoking (since the body starts to need a daily dose of it) and the smell really isn't that bad, if you use perfume it won't even be noticed. Like i said i don't think its badass, but i don't understand some people here saying people are retarded if they do it or even try it ... McDonalds is probably even worse for your health, and can you tell me you never went there or that the people that do are retarded? People say watching tv and spending time on your computer is bad too and can you tell me you don't do it :( It's really a thing of preffence, and to be honest with all the stresfull things in my life i kinda need it to calm myself from time to time and i can't really imagine going to a cafe with my friends and not lighting one cigarete. So my (very long) point is. If you don't like it, its fine i understand why people don't like them and their good reasons too but don't go on bashing everyone that does, just like brony haters annoy us for bashing us without even watching the show, you can't really bash all smokers and say were retards if you don't like them.

(edited)

i know this is going to be mean an i dont really care but smoking is retard an if your a smoker then you are one of the most dumbest person alive in my opinon but i one of the retards that tryed it an i quite shortly after but i am still a retard for even trying to begin with its pointless waste of money hurts other an yourself and its retard i know i could list alot of reason right now but i said enough for now.

Well now you've gone too far in the other direction imo.  That's like saying "being fat is just retarded, if you're fat and you continue to eat carbs and sweets you're the dumbest person alive.  Or "being addicted to pain killers is just retarded, if you have migraines but now you can't stop taking prescription pain killers you're the dumbest person alive".  Addiction is just that, addiction.  It's not in any way a reflection of intelligence, but of weak will power.  And don't act like you haven't made dumb decisions you should have known better than to make, smoking just happens to be one of the most impossible addictions to quit.  I hardly think my 12 year old self was being "the dumbest person alive" when he started smoking, he was being... TWELVE.  

All addictions start with either a need to fit in (which I'm positive you can relate to) or a desire to mask pain or escape (you also I'm certain can relate)  It's just unfortunate that this addiction is harder to break than a heroine habit when it is one of the most deadly addictions there is.  The only thing that would make you extremely "dumb" is if you were like "I don't wanna quit smoking, it makes me too badass" if that's your attitude, ok, that's dumb.  But if you acknowledge it's terrible, wish you could quit, have tried to quit, and keep finding yourself buying another pack when you run out anyway (probably hating yourself for it) the last thing you need are non smokers telling you now that you're "the dumbest person alive".  Let's not go crazy with our hatred of smokers sheesh.  

Edited by Symph
  • Brohoof 3