Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the 7 Virtues do you represent the most?

Akemi Homura

Temperance, kindness and humility all fit me pretty well. Humility probably stands out the most. I had a serious lack of self esteem when I was younger and I hated those who were overconfident. My humility comes from not wanting to become someone like that.

• Brohoof 1

Just in case you don't know what they are, the 7 virtues are Chastity (sexual purity), Temperance (self control), Charity (generosity), Diligence, Patience, Kindness, and Humility (modest behavior, selflessness, giving of respect). I think I represent Humility the best. I think so because I always think of others before myself and I show respect to people and their own special talents. And I'm most certainly not arrogant! So, write your response if you want to let people know about your best virtue!

Some of these seem a little bit arbitrary, Chastity for example.

I would say i am diligence?

• 1 year later...

Temperance, diligence, and patience represent me the most. I have a lot of self-control, and I don't like to give up. I'm also quite patient with many things which is slightly connected to my temperance.

I don't know, I haven't really thought of that

Chastity: My mind is nearly always in the gutter so I can say this ones is out

Temperance: I have a bit of a mixed record on this, I only drink occasionally don't smoke or do drugs but food is unfortunately my crack.

Charity: I used to be heavily involved in charity and do believe strongly in it, but now not quite as much as I have a wee bit less time than I used to.

Diligence: I can in some cases get very determined, but have had problem with procrastination.

Patience: I am alot better at it than I used to be but still need a bit more work on that.

Kindness: I am pretty chill most of the time, but when I get pissed enough I can have quite the nasty side.

Humility: I always prefer to put my money where my mouth is and let my actions do the talking.

Patience, Diligence and Kindness are the most fitting virtues for me. Patience and diligence can really fit in the same category for me, if I'm stuck with a problem, I keep going at it until I can figure out a solution without losing my head. This is why going into computers might be my niche, I can work on a program and not lose my patience or my determination in getting something to work properly.

As for kindness, I say this because I am very receptive to other people's emotions. It's a bit greedy, but I like to see other people happy. It makes me feel happy to see other people, even strangers happy, but unfortunately the converse is just as true. I try my best to act with high consideration of the feelings of the person I'm conversing with.

Because of this, you can also probably see how I can sometimes struggle in debates to get my tone just right. As well as why many of my posts have multiple revisions (beyond the reason of spell check and grammar fixing.)

This will be easy, none!

Pretty much this. I guess I'm not a very virtuous person because the only one I even remotely have any of is Patience and maybe a little generosity cuz I have this intense need to give to those around me.

My top would be patience, I believe, with temperance being a close second. I'm willing and easily able to put up with difficult situations and forgive people who have wronged me. I also try my best to resolve conflict peacefully. As for temperance, well there are tons of things I would like to have but I often make do with what I have. I try not to over indulge myself.  Everything else is off and on for me. 

Patience, Temperence and Chastity represents me the most.

Patience: I can spend my time daydreaming, so I guess I'm the best here, I'm never bored.

Temperence: I used to explode a lot, but I really worked hard to fix this. And now I can stay calm on incredible situations.

Chastity: You know, for now, I don't care about "this".

Patience, Kindness, and Humility represent me the most.

I'm kind to every person I meet. Even if they aren't kind to me and absolutely hate me with a burning passion (There are so many people that do. So many that I lost count.), I try to put on my best smile and wish them well. I really do try. Humility is second on my list. I do show modest behavior, selflessness, and I do give people the respect they deserve and I'll continue to if they show me the same respect I give them. Finally, patience. In truth, I am a very patient person. Waiting is no big deal for me and when it comes to being patient with others. I'm fully capable of that. :)

Edited by SmartyPants

Wow, I think I'd much more represent the seven deadly sins.  XD If I had to pick, I'd say either charity, kindness, or patience.  I get super impatient when I'm hungry though, so maybe not that one... Kindness, I'm pretty nice, but I do have a breaking point and then I'm pretty nasty.  I guess I'd be charity.  I'm very giving, and love to volunteer my time and money.

I've never really thought that much about it, but I definitely try hard to abide by the seven virtues.

Chastity: This has a bit more to do with than just abstaining from sexual conduct, but in any case, I would definitely consider myself chaste.

Temperance: I wouldn't say this is my strongest point, simply because I have a hard time controlling myself on certain things I like eating. I do not drink at all, and I abstain from any and all bad substances.

Charity: Not my strongest point. I believe sharing is caring, and I like to give when I can, but I'm not the type of person who likes doing without. I am very kind though, and I do give when I am able.

Diligence: This is probably where I fall the hardest. I'm very carefree and easygoing by nature, so I tend to be a bit lazy. I don't budget my time that well, and I am infamous for being a procrastinator. I'm working on it though, and I am not as bad as I was.

Patience: I would consider myself to be very peaceful. I'm usually very quick to forgive, and I have endured a lot of hardships.

Kindness: I am very kind most of the time. I do not show any bias or spite to any people, and my outlook on life is usually positive.

Humility: This is probably my strongest virtue. Humility is not thinking less of one's self, it is the thinking of one's self less, and that's how I feel. I give credit where it's due, I don't show off or boast about things I do, and I am faithful to promises.

Not chastity.

lolol.

NOT temperance. I have no control, especially when I'm angry.

Mainly kindness and charity/generousity.

I'm nice to everyone and I enjoy giving/helping.

The only one I'm absolutely certain about is Chastity, though not by choice. I'm just really, really, really,really, really bad at talking to women for any reason beyond work related subjects and the occasional awkward small talk. I've only ever asked one girl out in my entire life and it took three attempts. I had to run away and throw up the first two. Predictably, she said no, but at least she was nice about it. The boyfriend I didn't know she had was less so. Ever since then I haven't been able to approach women.

I don't really know... If diligence means the same thing as persistent/determined than that probably fits me the best. I can never completely give up the things that mean the most to me.

I try to be kind, but I'm not sure how well that works. I try to be nice to people, but somehow it backfires somewhere down the line and I just feel bitter about everything for a while. I've realized I easily bounce back up to putting my trust in people and trying to be kind again, though. o.O

I don't know what exactly counts for "Chastity", I suppose among certain circles, being attracted to the same gender would automatically disqualify me, but I do have to say I set a higher value of sexual purity than many of the snobby Christians that brag about having so many values that I know. (That is NOT a statement against Christians in general, so don't take it that way, I'm talking about the type I have run into). But you know, lesbians sleep with everybody. Or that's how the rumors go. *rolls eyes* Stupid people are stupid.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Temperance without hesitation. But I also have its darker side. It means that even if somepony hurts me or bothers me I won't show it and keep calm, but I won't forgive and eventually take my revenge. 

• Brohoof 1

Humility and temperance I guess would best describe my virtues. I never take credit for anything and I never disrespect others. And I have a HUGE tolerance level for other people (well sort of, I keep my negative thoughts of others in my head) and throw on the fake smile.