Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name change notifications

fimdash

Sometimes when I'm looking at my friend list, I'll notice someone with a new name and I'll be like "Whoa, who is this person?" It's pretty confusing, and I'll usually have to go on his/her profile and check the name history. Although that's not really a big problem, I thought that maybe we could input notifications whenever one of our friends gets a name change. That way, we'll always know who's who (when it comes to the people on our friend list). What do you guys think? I think it would be pretty beneficial smile.png

• Brohoof 20

I think it is a good idea, the name change policy on here has to be one of the permissive of any forum I have ever been on. It is nice to be able to change your username every now and then but it can get a bit confusing sometimes with just how many people are on this site.

• Brohoof 3

Definitely a good idea :) I've added it to the tech To-Do List. Lavo says it probably won't be too hard to implement, when he finds the time to tackle it.

• Brohoof 4

I've said this before... In a status update... mlp-swuhh.png

Anyways, I still believe this should be implemented.

Sure, you could always go to the person's name history, but I always forget about that. mlp-sgrin.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Definitely a good idea img-1630291-1-smile.png I've added it to the tech To-Do List. Lavo says it probably won't be too hard to implement, when he finds the time to tackle it.

wow, that's weird. Cause I was told from another staff member like a year ago that this was added in the to-do-list :V

(yeah this was suggested long ago too)

Edited by Jokuc

wow, that's weird. Cause I was told from another staff member like a year ago that this was added in the to-do-list :V

(yeah this was suggested long ago too)

Things get lost, we're human :P On top of that, keep in mind how pathetically scraped our tech team has basically always been.

• Brohoof 1

we're human

That explains everything.

Perhaps yes. I think it should be optional. The name history feature is more than enough. Not to mention that some people might want to change their name to avoid people or something similar.

• Brohoof 2