Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Steam Punk Revolution: The Fall of an Empire, and Rise of a Tyrant!

Solar Wind

(edited)

Roleplay Thread

STORY SO FAR.

"The world has changed, since the sun went out. Celestia disappeared and with her all of the warmth the land once held. Crops died, and lands froze. If it hadn't been for the Unicorns the whole world would of frozen over. It was only a matter of time before the lesser races used the ponies weakness as an advantage. And overthrew the small government that had taken shape in the new broken world.

Everyone assumed it would be the Changelings. First to infiltrate and quietly eliminate the leaders of New Equestria. But no, these were not Changelings. One day, Hulking men with clawed hands and mighty spears emerged from under the earth. The subterranean race known as "Terracotta"

img-1604951-1-Mogu.jpg

These unstoppable beings of might roared through the land, enslaving all they touched. Not long after, the mighty clans of the Terracotta began to wage war on one another. Each of them using pony slaves as soldier. Expendable pony slaves. After the war the last remaining groups of rebellious ponies were either disbanded, or slaughtered. The soil grew dark, and the sky pitch black. Trees withered, and cities crumbled. All was lost, pony-kind would either die out from hunger, disease, or blood sport. Or live on for generations as slaves. All is lost, all is over."

Or so they thought. 

From the troubled lands, and broken homes, from the crumbled cities, and withered farms. The last hope for all pony-kind has emerged. Know only as SPR (Steam Punk Revolution) this group of vastly different rebels used the only source of energy the Terracotta cared for. Water, or more appropriately, Steam. It is time to overthrow the tyrant! To end the oppression! You and your allies must work together to save your, entire species. Weather you live or die is currently unknown. 

Okay so that's what's happening. If you read that you realize that Pony-kind needs you!

And I need someone who can help me manage this RP!!! Most of the ones I do, end up dying. So I need some people to help me keep up or if I go dead for some reason.

So here is the RP authority.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

DM: SolarWind

Back Up DM:  Alex Kennedy

Help managers: Alex Kennedy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for actual RP characters. I will be controlling most Terracotta unless someone really wants to be a Terracotta part. For the most part we will be playing revolutionaries who use steam punk themed weapons to fight off giant stone monsters.

Here's the sign up template

OC: (Link from Database of your OC)

Weapon:

Pony Type:

Attitude:

Simple right :3

Before I post the actual RP I want at least 5 revolutionaries. It is open to however many wish to join BUT if we get too many (Yeah right) I will request a second forum topic and maybe splitting the rp up into two sections eventually meeting back up in the main thread or whatever idk. I doubt it will come to that anyway so until then let's all just sign up and have fun img-1604951-2-biggrin.png

Characters~

SolarWind~

Copper Lock

Weapon:A big steampunk wrench (think like this Orion Skies

Weapon: Two Crossbows strapped to his back with his mechanical wings.

Tools: He has a pair of retractable mechanical wings with a small but powerful steam engine always strapped on his back. So he's able to fly just like any pegasus.

Pony Type: Earth Pony

Attitude: Smart, usually very kind to others, get's competitive and cocky on rare occasions, and is very naturally observant.

Empyrean Tick~

Empyrean Tick

Pony Type: Pegasus

Weapon: The Empyreal Longrifle and her spring-loaded daggers.

Attitude: Spontaneous, cheerful, and eccentric, with a few noticeable breaks in behavior. The lovable mad scientist.

Edited by SolarWind

OC: Silver Spectrum ((in signature))

Weapon: Put simply, a Halberd. The weapon had belonged to her father and, after his death, was modified. It is collapsible, and can fit in a small traveling bag if need be. Her ability to wield the weapon is limited; however, she can still defend herself.

Pony Type: Pegasus

Attitude: Quiet, determined, though stubborn and cold; angry.

-------------------

Hope to hear a response soon, I've always loved steampunk!

• Brohoof 1

OC: Strawberry Jam

Weapon: Dagger

Pony Type: Earth

Attitude: Jam's sister was enslaved by the Terracotta, and all she wants to do is get her back. She's quite shy, but is ready to help the rebels.

I hope I'm able to join in! This looks very cool.

I can help you manage the RP if you want. I've done my fair share of DMing, both online and off, so I think I can help you. Whether or not you enlist my services in that regard, I'd like to at least submit a character.

OC: Ghaoth Oiche (He's new, so his profile isn't very developed yet.)

Weapon: Spear

Pony Type: Pegasus/Batpony

Attitude: Very free spirited, generally kind and laid back.

OC: Minath, her link is in my signature.

Weapon: Axe

Pony Type: Alicorn Please let them be allowed please let them be allowed...

Attitude: See OC page.

Seems cool! AK directed me here.

• Brohoof 1

@

Yep alicorns are allowed! Plus I like your ponies backstory and design, definitely added!

Alright once I adjust the op we will begin! Get ready because we kick off tonight!

@,

@@Strawberry Jam,

@@Alex Kennedy,

@,

Alright all, the RP is up, it starts off with us meeting in Sugar Cube Corner (Although the building is farily dismantled and we don't actually know it's name) where we will all meet up and discuss our first move in the revolution! Get ready because it's starting!

OC: Link is in sig if you want to change the backstory that's fine

Weapon: steampunk braces that are wrapped around his front hooves that hold hidden daggers, as long as the resources are there like water inside he can change the weapons to help him get though tough turrain

Pony Type: Pegasus (lost his left wing)

Attitude: Actually the cheeriest pony in the resistance and may act stupid and clumsy but that helps him in battle and he's always ready to defend his friends.

(edited)

If I'm not to late, I would like to join this RP! It seems fairly interesting and I have been looking for a long time for a good RP to join.

I also think I have a perfect candidate for this!

___________________________________________________________________________________

OC: Copper Lock http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/copper-lock-r3549 (When I made him, I had steampunk in mind img-1607604-1-biggrin.png )

Weapon:A big steampunk wrench (think like this http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/306/1/7/Pipe_wrench_1_by_Skoth.jpg) with a retractable blade.

Pony type: Earth pony

Attitude: Always tries to be a gentleman(especially to the mares). He is extremely curious and is always on the look out for new adventures. He keeps for the most part a happy attitude but he is known to quickly change his mood.

His freedom is of extreme importance for him and he has developed a suspicion against authorities and he despises nobles. He is a great machinist and airship pilot and he has acquired a great many skills working as a smuggler.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another thing, Copper owns a airship. If it wont collide with whatever you have planned for the RP, I would very much appreciate if he could have it. If not, I'll come up with a story for why it isn't there img-1607604-2-wink.png

Edited by The Swedish Brony

This seems really interesting. I have been contemplating joining an RP, and this seems really promising. I had recently created my first OC as well, and he seems perfect for this kind of  story.

Is there any chance you can put me on hold.

I will get back to you as soon as possible today, with my OC, all his background information covered!

@

Alright you're on hold. :D

@@The Swedish Brony,

Added, as to the airship it might be a good thing to bring later on in the rp but not immediately.

Also to all the ones already participating, sorry about the long posts just trying to lay down the backstory for what we're up against, I'll try to keep them short and sweet from now on!  :D 

Alright, so I finally got my OC together, haha it took hours but it was worth it! 

His name is Orion Skies and his character is perfect for this!

Also another question...can I rp two characters.

If not, then my OC is good enough! happy.png

Here's my OC's link

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/orion-skies-r3776

Cruddy drawing I know lol

(edited)

Oh yes I forgot, here's more some more info on my OC, Orion Skies.

Weapon: Two Crossbows strapped to his back with his mechanical wings.

Tools: He has a pair of retractable mechanical wings with a small but powerful steam engine always strapped on his back. So he's able to fly just like any pegasus.

Pony Type: Earth Pony

Attitude: Smart, usually very kind to others, get's competitive and cocky on rare occasions, and is very naturally observant. 

Edited by Dsanders17

Due to some complications, I may be unavailable for the next few days. I will try to post when I can, but no guarantees.

Name: Empyrean Tick

Pony Type: Pegasus

Weapon: The Empyreal Longrifle and her spring-loaded daggers.

Attitude: Spontaneous, cheerful, and eccentric, with a few noticeable breaks in behavior. The lovable mad scientist.

@@Durandal,

@,

Both added, it may be difficult to include you in as one of the originals because we already started, we can always just say you're wayward revolutionaries who caught wind of the meeting and stopped in.

@@Durandal,

@,

Both added, it may be difficult to include you in as one of the originals because we already started, we can always just say you're wayward revolutionaries who caught wind of the meeting and stopped in.

Thanks! And no worries, I can find a way to fit myself in the plot so far. I'm usually good at the sort of thing.

Anyways, I'll see you there!

You better still be accepting, one does not simply start a Steampunk RP without expecting me to join.

OC: Amber Skies

Weapon: Sawn-off scattergun, anything nearby that she can get her hooves on.

Pony Type: Earth Pony

Attitude: Tomboyish, honest, cocky, flirty, competitive, and usually charasmatic. She has a tendency to become compulsive and will act rashly, however she usually prefers to solve her problems over a still drink rather than a fight. Despite this she has been known to participate in a few bar fights in her time.

K.

I think we have more than enough once I ass Steampunk so after that I'll most likely close the roleplay, I like having a bit more people so if some become inactive we still have enough to keep the RP alive. 

(edited)

K.

I think we have more than enough once I ass Steampunk so after that I'll most likely close the roleplay, I like having a bit more people so if some become inactive we still have enough to keep the RP alive. 

I could ask some friends to submit their OCs, I have a few that might be interested.

Also how should introduce Amber? Should she just meet up with everyone at the place. You are all still in the ruins of SC corner right?

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)