Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you own any guns?

I_wesley125

And that is terrible, but should you just let them take your stuff?

Heheh, thief comes and you shoot him in the head just like a cop would do, that's nice.

Again, if you say that it's legal to have guns for self defence, that basically you are telling me that your country wants YOU to fight crime, instead of fighting it themselves

Heheh, thief comes and you shoot him in the head just like a cop would do, that's nice.

Again, if you say that it's legal to have guns for self defence, that basically you are telling me that your country wants YOU to fight crime, instead of fighting it themselves

It should be a last resort, fire off a few warning shots and they will probably get out of there.

I seem to be slightly ignored here, I know I am butting in a bit, but I think that my previous posts should sort a few things out :P

I seem to be slightly ignored here, I know I am butting in a bit, but I think that my previous posts should sort a few things out :P

I know your point, actually, since there's hunting and stuff, not all guns could be made ilegal, I mean, they gotta kill these bunnies somehow! So actually, I believe only certain hunting designed guns should be legal with a license and stuff. But anything automatic that is designed to harm other people has nothing to do in people's houses

I know your point, actually, since there's hunting and stuff, not all guns could be made ilegal, I mean, they gotta kill these bunnies somehow! So actually, I believe only certain hunting designed guns should be legal with a license and stuff. But anything automatic that is designed to harm other people has nothing to do in people's houses

Well that's a completely different story, yeah I completely agree with you there!

Although, in Switzerland there are about 5,000,000 people, and 8.000,000 guns, for the males have to do national service, and they need to keep their assault rifles in their homes! :blink:

Edited by Lanzuis

I don't know the makers, but I have two 30-30's (one bolt, one lever) and a 30-06 (bolt action). All three have taken their share of deer and given me delicious food.

-Norinco SKS

My brother just recently picked up a Chinese SKS at a gun show. It's an early model Type 56 Carbine with a blade bayonet, which is kind of neat to see on a Chinese. Is yours made of milled steel or stamped sheet metal?

Edited by CadenceAndCascade

My brother just recently picked up a Chinese SKS at a gun show. It's an early model Type 56 Carbine with a blade bayonet, which is kind of neat to see on a Chinese.

I took the spike bayonet off of mine. I didn't like it. It's still sitting around in a safe though. :)

On the matter of milled vs. stamped, I haven't taken a look at it recently, so I don't know.

Edited by Lady Sky Charmer Pony

I took the spike bayonet off of mine. I didn't like it. It's still sitting around in a safe though. :)

I considered replacing the blade bayonet on my Yugo with a bipod that utilizes the existing lug, but I've decided that I'm just going to try and restore the rifle to as original condition as possible. None of those 20 or 30-round magazines.

Ew, detachable magazines. Stripper clips all the way!

I know. Pound for pound, carrying rounds on stripper clips is much more efficient than having them in magazines. Those Tapco 20-round magazines feed beautifully, I just had to buy one to try for the hell of it. I've had my fun though, so I'm just going to put everything back to normal.

no guns. Odd, my parents are conservative Republicans, and they hate guns.

They wont even let me buy an airsoft gun. D:

In Norway you can't own any firearms without the permission from the police. And you need a good reason for it too.

Well it's exactly the same for Sweden. So.. No. I do not own any guns.

I don't know about that...

If guns were illegal, it would be much harder for the average person to get one and so he might not be as prone to violence as if he owned one.

Take the example of some average gun-owner. With such an easy access to guns, there is more chance that he'll be tempted to use his guns than if he didn't have access to one.

I agree that true criminals will still manage to get their hands on guns, but most of these nutbolt people who go into schools and start shooting everyone they see probably wouldn't have done it if they didn't have an easy access to guns.

It's no wonder why the crime rate is much higher in the United States than anywhere else. Everyone walks around with guns! Surely there will be some crazies in the bunch who will start shooting people for no other reason than because they can.

I really hope you get my point. I really don't feel like I've made it sound clear enough! :P

I'm of the opinion that guns should be made illegal myself.

I don't think that they are the best choice for self defence, swords and melee combat are better IMHO.

Hah, US people, do you realize yours is one of the most violent countries? And no wonder why, when guns are flying around everywhere.

All kind of weapons should not exist. Period. I personally never seen a gun in real life, unless it was carried by a soldier or a cop. I would never need one. I mean, even if a buglar came into my house, he probably would be unarmed and would run off at the slight sing of movement (that actually happened to my girlfriend, two guys broke into her house, but ran away before taking anything when they realized they were awake.)

Also, how can you stop pyschos grabbing a gun and killing dozens of people? Something like that has never happened in my country, because nobody has guns.

Sure, some criminals do have guns, but those should be taken away from them simply. Apparently your country thinks that the correct way to defend their citizens is not to fight criminals, but to give guns to people so they can fight criminals. It's just plain stupid

Columbine: A single kid with a gun caused a national tragedy. If you look at all the huge gun incidents, like (was it India?), where guns were banned, and a small group of people killed lots of people then held a hostage situation for days until the military special forces arrived, you'll find these things happen where guns aren't allowed.

You'd have an easier time exterminating cockroaches or ants from a nation than guns. Because, also, guns are an idea, even if you managed to find and destroy all of them, people could still make them, or even re-invent them in machine shops or with their own hands. And most of all, guns don't kill people, people kill people, guns only make it easier.

But anyways, I want to point to Isreal. Being in the political situation they are, they used to have strict gun laws, and very often, terrorists from neighboring countries would come and cause huge incidents, shootouts, hostage situations etc.

Then, they decided to encourage people to carry concealed firearms. It sounds counterintuitive; but it worked. What would've happened at Columbine if another student nearby had been carrying a gun? It would've been over in seconds.

Once a group of robbers came in a bank. They took hostages, took them into the back, and were both shot dead by someone, a hostage and a former soldier, with a gun. It's a tragedy that someone died, but the man wisely decided that he was probably saving a lot of lives, because they took the hostages into the back of the bank.

Point is, it ultimately comes down to this: How much do you trust your citizens? There's always going to be nutcases that kill someone, so it's not going to have much effect on singular murders. But guns allow them to kill lots of people. But arm the victims, and they aren't victims anymore.

Here's something I read somewhere that I really liked:

What if I said, that we legalize large quantities of dynamite? Let's say, anyone that can pay for it, can have three sticks of dynamite?

You'd say I'm totally nuts, that people would be blowing eachother up left and right, it would be a horrendous idea, just as bad as if we gave everyone guns. Total anarchy.

But fact is, we do. Better than that, we have a delivery system to place that dynamite almost anywhere at 60 mph with the kinetic energy of two tons of metal vehicle.

The average car has a gas tank that can hold 15 gallons of gasoline. 5 gallons has the explosive power of a stick of dynamite. Everyone has access to the explosive power of three sticks of dynamite, and a two-ton metal vehicle that could punch through solid cement brick walls, and travel at 60 mph and kill people like popping balloons. Better yet, we use them every day of our lives, and have to actively avoid killing eachother with them with great effort, and sometimes even fail (lethal car accidents).

My point is that human beings are far more respectable than people give us credit for. I think we can trust them with weapons, because it's better to trust everyone with a weapon than to trust a corrupt ruling organization with weapons and hope that criminals don't get them, but not trust the average law-abiding citizen with one.

One of the most amazing things about the United States was this new radical idea that you could trust the people to govern themselves with a Republic-Democracy representative form of government. And our right to bear arms is cemented into our Constitution, in one of the greatest documents to ever be written, the Bill of Rights. So for the U.S., banning guns isn't even a question. For the rest of the world, it's a really bad idea.

At the college I'm going to, they allow students to carry guns. I plan to carry one, so if there's any nutcase out there who seeks to end human life, he won't be able to do it.

I have an aversion to guns. Probably because they are very uncommon sights in the UK.

They make me cringe.

Yeah, I always get really nervous when I see someone with a gun. It's only natural, really. It's just the thought that they have the ability to kill anyone in a moment. In a perfect world they wouldn't exist. But unfortunately, humans aren't perfect. Neither angels nor demons...

Neither ponies nor monsters...

text

Whew, I still believe nobody at all should have guns, but you do have some very valid arguments. It really makes you think about how good the average person really is.

Edited by Eenohay