Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you own any guns?

I_wesley125

Whew, I still believe nobody at all should have guns, but you do have some very valid arguments. It really makes you think about how good the average person really is.

Well, if it were possible that all guns and the very idea of firearms could cease and vanish forever, then I'd be for that. But the issue is more in execution of it than the actual idea.

Hmm. Was it one of the early philosophers that said it? But anyways, I mostly agree, people are "Neither angels nor demons", a curious thing. I think generally speaking people are really good, but we fail to create Utopia because they fail to have the moral resolve to do things like turn down bribes, or care about others instead of wallowing in their own woes.

no real guns and no airsoft guns.... but i do have a paintball marker ^^

Same, I had a painball gun, however I got it for my birthday while overseas and when I went through the customs in Australia because it shot a projectile was considered an illegal weapon...crazy huh?

Unfortunately not, though I think a perfect world would be rather dull...

I don't agree with people who aren't in the forces being allowed to keep guns. I understand that you want to protect your property and families, but if guns are scarcely available chances are the robber won't have one, and then you just need a big dog.

Old fashioned methods FTW.

Same, I had a painball gun, however I got it for my birthday while overseas and when I went through the customs in Australia because it shot a projectile was considered an illegal weapon...crazy huh?

indeed. its infact very hard to do real damadge to someone who is wearing a mask Edited by Robojot

Whew, I still believe nobody at all should have guns, but you do have some very valid arguments. It really makes you think about how good the average person really is.

I'd like to say here, what about target shooting? And Clay Pigeon Shooting? And Hunting? Guns can't be used just for self defence. The MINORITY that would use it to hurt people can eventually get ruled out, not by makings guns illegal, but by (if you have not read my previous posts) making a series of very strict courses before you own a gun. Also, no I don't agree with people holding assault rifles in their homes, but, firstly, assault rifles are not 'all' guns, secondly, they can be ruled out over time.

guns are bad

How are guns in anyway what-so-ever bad? I can't stress this point enough to a lot of people here: (This is not solely directed at you).

It's not guns that kill people! It's people that kill people! The gun is just a machine!

Sorry, it does tick me off when people always say this, being an enthusiastic target shooting fan.

Edited by Lanzuis
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to say here, what about target shooting? And Clay Pigeon Shooting? And Hunting? Guns can't be used just for self defence. The MINORITY that would use it to hurt people can eventually get ruled out, not by makings guns illegal, but by (if you have not read my previous posts) making a series of very strict courses before you own a gun. Also, no I don't agree with people holding assault rifles in their homes, but, firstly, assault rifles are not 'all' guns, secondly, they can be ruled out over time.How are guns in anyway what-so-ever bad? I can't stress this point enough to a lot of people here: (This is not solely directed at you).It's not guns that kill people! It's people that kill people! The gun is just a machine!Sorry, it does tick me off when people always say this, being an enthusiastic target shooting fan.

hey, i've already said that we couldnt ban all guns cause of hunting, i talk about guns designed to harm other people

hey, i've already said that we couldnt ban all guns cause of hunting, i talk about guns designed to harm other people

Ah, ok, for you did sort of use 'guns' in a rather broad fashion, sorry. Edited by Lanzuis

I said I'd have pictures. I'll just post 'em in link form.

Lighter wood stock is the Type 99, the dark wood stock is the Type 38.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/DethMann/S7300740.jpg

Side-by-side comparison: stock, receiver, bolt.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/DethMann/S7300741.jpg

Side-by-side comparison: overall rifle length, bayonet.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/DethMann/S7300744.jpg

As you can see...both have the 'mums intact.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/DethMann/S7300745.jpg

Serial number for the Type 99. Did some research, turns out it's a Series 37 Tokyo Juki Kogyo Arsenal piece. Low serial number (59,000 Series 37s built in a span of 5 years) puts it at somewhere around late 1940 to somewhere in 1941.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/DethMann/S7300747.jpg

My Type 38 is the second oldest rifle I currently own. Early 1920's Koshikawa Arsenal piece.

why are guns bad?

their true purpose is to kill

hunting = bad

illegal poaching = worse

bullets = made out of lead and toxic to environment when you shoot them outdoors

volume = damages hearing even when wearing protection

danger of ricochet in indoors shooting

people are occasionally shot during practice shooting

why are guns bad?

their true purpose is to kill

hunting = bad

illegal poaching = worse

bullets = made out of lead and toxic to environment when you shoot them outdoors

volume = damages hearing even when wearing protection

danger of ricochet in indoors shooting

people are occasionally shot during practice shooting

Why did you come to this thread? To spread propaganda? Let me go through what's wrong with that list:

1.) Would you really rather people starve to death?

2.) I agree with that.

3.) Find me one thing that isn't hazourdous in this day and age. I dare you.

4.) No, it really doesn't.

5.) Really?

6.) They call that an "accident".

I just think you're spreading propaganda, and for no reason at that.

3.) Find me one thing that isn't hazourdous in this day and age. I dare you

Hard-pressed to find much of anything that doesn't do something bad to the environment these days. Lead is the only thing that keeps the bullet stable until it impacts, and steel is mostly used for piercing armor so it wouldn't be practical to hit soft targets. Anything else and I'd imagine it's liable to disintegrate. Either that or be much more expensive to use in mass production.

Besides, isn't lead naturally occurring? What kind of 'harm' is being done to the environment when all that's being done is returning a natural element to its natural environment?

Why did you come to this thread? To spread propaganda? Let me go through what's wrong with that list:

1.) Would you really rather people starve to death?

2.) I agree with that.

3.) Find me one thing that isn't hazourdous in this day and age. I dare you.

4.) No, it really doesn't.

5.) Really?

6.) They call that an "accident".

I just think you're spreading propaganda, and for no reason at that.

Yes i'm sure fat hunters who eat hungry man everyday need trophies to hang up in their lodges. As for third world countries they already have enough war why give them more guns.

Everything can be manipulated to be hazardous, including water, since you can drown in it. Yours is a straw-man argument.

Tell that to military vets who have hearing loss.

Uh...yeah...especially with certain types of ammo, which may or may not be regulated.

Uh...yeah...

Lead is not typically found concentrated in rivers. When you do outdoors shooting it will eventually become part of the soil and river, especially if the bullet explodes on impact.

The real question is why does a topic like this exist, on a forum dedicated to ponies.

Edited by glitterlicious

Wouldn't that be due to the fact that collecting and shooting firearms is very clearly a hobby shared even by bronies, and as such it provides an opportunity for like-minded individuals to get together to discuss something that they enjoy?

Sort of on topic, but I'm quite pleased with my new purchase. I'll be purchasing a Type 32 cavalry sword off of a friend to display between the two Arisakas. The neat part about that piece is it looks like it was actually used.

Edited by CadenceAndCascade

The real question is why does a topic like this exist, on a forum dedicated to ponies.

Just...just stop. You're in the Everfree Forest, the off-topic section of the forum. This thread was made by Bronies who happen to have in interest in weaponry, and if you don't like it, tough. It's alright to have an opinion on something, but when you're just putting down those who support the thing you oppose, that's just unacceptable. Also, nobody forced you to come here. You came to this thread by your own free will, and to do what? Troll and spread propaganda. Unacceptable.

• Brohoof 2

Just...just stop. You're in the Everfree Forest, the off-topic section of the forum. This thread was made by Bronies who happen to have in interest in weaponry, and if you don't like it, tough. It's alright to have an opinion on something, but when you're just putting down those who support the thing you oppose, that's just unacceptable. Also, nobody forced you to come here. You came to this thread by your own free will, and to do what? Troll and spread propaganda. Unacceptable.

Just...just stop. You don't understand something so you label it trolling. I call it standing up for the right thing.

• 8 years later...

Yes I do! Ignoring the flame wars from alllllllll the way back in 2012 yes I do have a very strong interest in firearms! Not because of the "power" you have or anything else but because what other item can easily protect your family from those willing to do harm, put food on your table during hard times all while deterring Crim without ever having to fire a shot.

That being said I feel as if now with COVID19 it's more important than ever for Americans to arm themselves learn safe firearms storage and gun safety as well as "use of force and when to use your firearm in a defensive situation" and be well prepared. However unlikely it is the government is on record saying that they will not have the time or resources to protect you and that it's up to the citizenry to protect themselves. We are in an odd time in the U.S. as of now where even those that previously were very anti gun rights are running out and buying handguns and shot guns. Which is both a positive and a negative. It's a positive because while it is good that people are now "getting it" it's negative in the sense that many people lack the common sense for basic firearms handling and safetey, in this pandemic if you're going to own a firearm that's great no that's awesome! Just please! As a 2A supporter till the day I die please learn how to properly be safe with your new firearms.

• Brohoof 3