Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you own any guns?

I_wesley125

Not yet. I need money to buy a gun, and I've got other stuff I really need to save up for. Maybe I'll buy an old WW2 rifle as my first gun. There's not much point in getting something practical or easy to hide since I'm not old enough for a concealed carry permit yet, so I might as well go for something cool.

• Brohoof 3

Definitely not. I have absolutely no need for such a thing. Even if I did have a reason, like a bad neighborhood or something, I feel that a gun would do very little in the way of protecting me. Can't exactly protect me from getting shot first out of nowhere. My dad, whom I live with, does have a shotgun though, so we do have that in the household. I don't think it is even loaded.

• Brohoof 1

I do not yet, but I plan to in the near future. I might even make it a hobby (if my truck hobby doesn’t get any more expensive...which it probably WILL.) ^_^

Either way I’d like to have a small concealable handgun for defense purposes. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 4

Sweden is also very strict about guns.

I don't own any guns. There is no need to defend yourself against other people with guns because they don't have any guns as well.

Nope. Guns are dangerous weapons and I don't want one nor would I feel comfortable having such dangerous things in the house. I'm so glad I was raised in a family that isn't into that kind of thing (alongside not being into alcohol and drugs).

Absolutely! I own quite an assortment of handguns, rifles, and shotguns. I also reload ammunition since I own a couple guns chambered in obsolete calibers (32-20 Winchester).

I grew up around firearms and learned basic firearm safety at a young age.  :coco:

• Brohoof 3

I actually don’t know if there is a gun in my house. I remember my dad telling me that we did but then told me the opposite years later. I think the reason he told me that we didn’t have one was because I was on a suicide watch for 72 hours. Who knows.

When I was first hospitalized in the US, I was given a document to sign that takes away my right to have guns because I was VERY suicidal back then.  Even though that was years ago and I live in another country now, I still treat that document as active for me.  So no, I have no need or want for a gun, even if it were just for hunting I still don't want one in the house.  I don't know what my mom's doing but last I knew, she was working on getting a gun license so she might have one now?  idk.

2 hours ago, Bas said:

Afaik you aren't allowed to have guns in the house in my country, except maybe if you are in pol or military.

It's still entirely possible for German civilians to receive a firearm license. You need to get either a competitive shooting license, a collector's license, or a hunting license, and each one has different criteria. For the first one, you can get a yellow competitive license which allows you to own as many non-semiautomatic long guns (shotguns and rifles), with a limit of two firearm purchases per six months. The only requirement is that you're part of a gun club, have taken a gun safety exam, and have no felony and mental illness record. Those who are actively shooting for at least a year can apply for a green license which allows two handguns and three semi-automatic rifles, as long as they are not "military grade".

Germany has 19.6 guns per 100 people, and around 1.4M Germans own guns. Hardly as common as the US or even Canada, but it's still a sizable amount.

My family actually does own a few guns, though; two handguns, a bolt-action rifle, and a shotgun. We live in California, so gun laws are fairly stringent relative to most other states.

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Envy said:

Nope. Guns are dangerous weapons and I don't want one nor would I feel comfortable having such dangerous things in the house. I'm so glad I was raised in a family that isn't into that kind of thing (alongside not being into alcohol and drugs).

If you was raised alongside firearms and they were responsible firearms owners you would not know any different and may even be Into it yourself. I believe that how one is raised plays a large part in there belief system and structure.

• Brohoof 3

I don't. :(

You're not allowed to keep firearms in the barracks. Gosh I wish you were. I'd probably run myself bankrupt with all the guns I want. :lie:

My first firearm would probably be a S&W Model 66, .357 magnum variant. It's a simple magnum revolver, six shots. Pretty basic, but packs a punch, and small enough to carry around. After that... I dunno really. I might get a 9mm Sig Sauer P320, everyone's gotta have a nine in their life, right? Also maybe an FN Five-seveN, not just because FN is my favorite arms company, but because it's a really cool pistol. A little expensive tho, I'd have to see. And if I could, I'd have a Desert Eagle, probably chambered in .44 magnum. I've fired .50 AE and it's not fun, .44 works for me, thanks.

Also long guns. I'm in LOVE with the Winchester Model 1897 shotgun, specifically the trench gun variant. Of course, a more modern shotgun like a Remington 870 might be more practical for home defense. I'd probably keep that one loaded up with birdshot for the house and save the buckshot and slugs for the '97.

Most rifles for me are pipe dreams tho. In a perfect world I'd own an original 50's era FN FAL, an M16A2, and an M1A SOCOM 16, but most of those are way too expensive, and honestly outside of target shooting I really wouldn't have much use for them, unless I picked up hunting. Then I'd definitely want the SOCOM 16.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Blivy said:

If you was raised alongside firearms and they were responsible firearms owners you would not know any different and may even be Into it yourself. I believe that how one is raised plays a large part in there belief system and structure.

As I said, I'm glad I was raised the way I was.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Envy said:

As I said, I'm glad I was raised the way I was.

Well if you as raised the other way you'd be glad you was raised with a respect for constitutionally given rights the same as the way you're glad you was raised without them.

7 hours ago, Brony Number 42 said:

What? Of course not. I don't even know what a gun is. :mlp_lie:

You're just a good Christen boy! 

• Brohoof 3

16 hours ago, Flutterstep said:

I live in the UK so no. :(

If I did though, I’d like to think I’d own at least a semi-auto pistol and a bolt action rifle. :fluttershy:

The U.S. could use a European that likes guns! Come on over friend! 

• Brohoof 3