Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you drink?

Sunset Shimmering

No. Not beer. Not even wine.

I remember the first alcoholic beverage i tried was this korean beer we call soju, which ive heard is very familiar to the taste of vodka (correct me if im wrong, ive never tried vodka) and tasted like rubbing alcohol. Guess im just one of those people

Edited by flutterfries

I wouldn't want to drink, since it would hurt my body inside. I just I don't drink any alcohol in the future, so I think that drinking is okay for moderation but not to drink constantly.

I don't know what's the BS of social acceptance of drinking alcohol. I try to avoid it as much as I can, but my parents make me drink each party and inculcate me in drinking when I get to gatherings myself. I dislike the flavor of most of them, but I dislike it mainly for bad experiences with my dad being drunk (luckily, it rarely goes beyond of making a fool of himself, though, it displeases me greatly). I hate beer and whisky, and I usually avoid them like plague, but in the case of wine or sweet liquors like blue curacao, I take 2 drinks of those AT MOST. If there's something I'm proud of, is my self control

Ew-seriously, why do people ingest that fermented decade-old liquid bacteria in their bodies? Just like any other drug, It's BAD for you... and yet, people like the feel of short-term dumb-assery... that solves NOTHING. Honestly, I just don't get people and their depressants.

No I do not drink alcohol, and I hope to God I never will.

Ew-seriously, why do people ingest that fermented decade-old liquid bacteria in their bodies? Just like any other drug, It's BAD for you... and yet, people like the feel of short-term dumb-assery... that solves NOTHING. Honestly, I just don't get people and their depressants. No I do not drink alcohol, and I hope to God I never will.

Don't reply.... don't reply.... okay.... INCOMING WALL OF TEXT!!!11!

Do you know when the alcohol was invented? Even before the wheel.

Yep, you heard me, and it's probably the most important invention in history.

This a theory: A guy leave a vase full of wheat, and it starts to rain. It then become a "soup", and start to ferment. And it produces beer. And when the guy come back, what he find here is... a totally new drink. And some great side effects too! So of course they wanted to produce more, so they started cultivating wheat. Then they invented the wheel to transport all this wheat. Then mathematics and language. The society was born.

So well, we have some proofs of this, don't worry. ;)

When the egyptians started building the pyramids, they payed the workers with a free beer. A free beer for each days of work, interesting eh? And when the catholic religion arrived, they considered alcohol to be a gift from god. If you would go to the church, they would give you a free beer. This was indeed a great way to bring the people to the church I guess. :P

But of course, some independant brewers started producing their own beer for profits, and this literally saved the humankind. Because you know, when the people started living in the cities, they would throw all their garbages in the river, and the water was polluted. The way the beer is produced, they would boil the water, killing all the bacterias. (They didn't know lol). So "hey, we are never sick when drinking beer!" The result? Everyone was drinking beer, even the babies! (ehyup, and they survived!)

Beer was important in another period, when the Unied States were created. The declaration of independance was written in a tavern, and the national anthem is derived from a tavern song - if you could still sing the song, you could buy another beer.

So yea, the alcohol is the most important invention in history, and it's quite healty: It's bacteria free, they can't live in alcohol! Just don't abuse it lol.

So lets all drink our beer in honor of the humankind!

Source: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/how-beer-saved-the-world/ (Watch it, it's epic.)

And yep, I drink beer sometimes, when I'm celebrating stuff with my family. It actually taste good.

• Brohoof 3

Don't reply.... don't reply.... okay.... INCOMING WALL OF TEXT!!!11!

Do you know when the alcohol was invented? Even before the wheel.

Yep, you heard me, and it's probably the most important invention in history.

This a theory: A guy leave a vase full of wheat, and it starts to rain. It then become a "soup", and start to ferment. And it produces beer. And when the guy come back, what he find here is... a totally new drink. And some great side effects too! So of course they wanted to produce more, so they started cultivating wheat. Then they invented the wheel to transport all this wheat. Then mathematics and language. The society was born.

So well, we have some proofs of this, don't worry. wink.png

When the egyptians started building the pyramids, they payed the workers with a free beer. A free beer for each days of work, interesting eh? And when the catholic religion arrived, they considered alcohol to be a gift from god. If you would go to the church, they would give you a free beer. This was indeed a great way to bring the people to the church I guess. tongue.png

But of course, some independant brewers started producing their own beer for profits, and this literally saved the humankind. Because you know, when the people started living in the cities, they would throw all their garbages in the river, and the water was polluted. The way the beer is produced, they would boil the water, killing all the bacterias. (They didn't know lol). So "hey, we are never sick when drinking beer!" The result? Everyone was drinking beer, even the babies! (ehyup, and they survived!)

Beer was important in another period, when the Unied States were created. The declaration of independance was written in a tavern, and the national anthem is derived from a tavern song - if you could still sing the song, you could buy another beer.

So yea, the alcohol is the most important invention in history, and it's quite healty: It's bacteria free, they can't live in alcohol! Just don't abuse it lol.

So lets all drink our beer in honor of the humankind!

Source: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/how-beer-saved-the-world/ (Watch it, it's epic.)

And yep, I drink beer sometimes, when I'm celebrating stuff with my family. It actually taste good.

what is this...I don't even...my mind...is full of crazy now...

like seriously...I don't even know where to begin...

I think I'm gonna grab a yoo-hoo and go to my happy place...

• Brohoof 1

I'm underage, but Imma post here anyway. :P

I have tried wine a few times. Tasted pretty damn good. :P I've tried Baileys in coffee as well and if was so good! :D

I find the smell of beer really repulsive, though. Even when I'm older, I'm not planning on trying it.

I'm not the appropriate age to but, I do sometimes on holidays and whenever I'm at a get together with my family. Probably just one beer one day. And a shot the next time(which is New Years). happy.png  I get horrible influence from my family!

Drinking has it's ups and it's downs, I'm actually surprised with how many people are opposed to it here, I'm just so used to being around a whole forum of people who do. 

Anyways, I'm a bit too young and it kind of tastes bad to me. I'm still quite curious though and I often wonder what I'd be like drunk.

Drinking is terrible for the bladder and the brain.

That is why on my 21st birthday party in a little more than 5 years, I won't be guzzling down beer.

I used to think the same about alcohol, especially around the ages of 11-16. Then I had a drink with a friend, and it turned out to be pretty fun. Where the problem lies is where you drink often and drink too much. But I found that if you have control over yourself and don't drink too much nor too often, having a drink isn't bad. Now, I would never drive after having a drink because that's dangerous and wrong. I have a drink about once every six months and I'm in fine health.

For the record though, I think public drinking is usually a bad idea and rarely leaves positive consequences. To be fair, it's probably best that you don't drink rather than being on the other extreme side of the spectrum.

• Brohoof 1

I don't drink actaully only once in a blue moon when i am with my brother but thats pretty much it... I don't like the way it makes me feel after I drink it.. Makes me really depressed and the thoughts I have are horrible -__-... I do wanna try rum and whisky and I have wine and like it but BEER is just nasty to me.. I HATE the taste and the way the foam tickles you before you can even get a drink down.  

Oh yes, I do indeed drink.  Nothing too hard; besides a Prairie Fire shot I had on my 21st birthday last year (for those who don't know that's tequila and tabasco sauce, quite the combination indeed!), I mostly drink hard cider or beer, and sometimes wine, and mostly just on the weekends.  It's only a rare occasion that I'll have more than one drink in a sitting.  It's certainly something you have to handle responsibly, but if you do so, trust me, it is fun and relaxing, plus there are some very tasty drinks out there.  So just remember everypony, if you do drink, have fun but drink responsibly! derpy_emoticon1.png

cider_season_derpy_by_the_crusius-d4w50v

• Brohoof 1

I choose not to drink because of family issues; however, I understand other peoples' wants to drink and I don't think they are wrong for doing it. No, drinking is not good for you, but in moderation, I don't think it's horrible. Like I said, family shit has deterred me from it, so I rarely take part. I also don't like the taste, so there's not much there for me to enjoy. 

• 1 year later...

Well, here's the thing: being Type 1 diabetic, sugar is probably one of the worst things I can put into my body. That being said, alcohol has a lot of sugar in it. I choose not to drink also because it's irresponsible at the same time, but I've been to a few celebrations where I've had a sip of champagne, but nothing else ever.

For the longest time I was afraid to get drunk, because my Dad had (well, still kinda has) a drinking problem, and he was extrememly unpleasant and irritable when he drank. I'm like him in a lot of ways, so I thought that's what booze would do to me, so I avoided it.  Then, last October I had friend ask if me and him could get drunk and watch bad movies. I said yes, since it sounded like it could be fun.  I thought I'd end up constantly pissed and end up threatening to beat people. Instead I turn into this:

post-31242-0-36847400-1422238324_thumb.jpg

Yeah, apparently I like to hug cute things when I drink. And I laugh for no reason. I also talk really loud, and like to take photos of myself looking like an idiot,  and watch cartoons. I do have fun, though.  The best part is that I don't usually get hangovers, probably because I'm a lightweight.

• Brohoof 1

Only when I'm thirsty.  ;)

When it comes to alcoholic beverages I do, however I don't consider myself "a drinker". I'll have a few a week, after a long day at work. Typically darker beers, German beers, stouts, IPA, that sort of thing. Casual enjoy a beer kind of guy.

In moderation, beer can be good for you but in larger amounts it definatley effects your health.

• Brohoof 1