Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Describe yourself in a few paragraphs.

♞RedLotus♞

My name is Steven. I'm a Chinese-Cambodian-American. I'm 15 and I was born on April 3, 1998. I am a B/A(I get mostly B's) I hate math with a passion and yes I know I'm Asian but that doesn't mean I'm good at math. I'm horrible at it. Favorite color is blue and I love alternative rock, techno, orchestral, instrumental(yes theirs a difference), and trance. Hate dubstep gave it many chances so don't judge. It's ruined many of my favorite songs.

(edited)

Well, if ya want to know about Ol Sir.Flutter Hooves here ya go:

I'm a very mature 15 year old. My interests are girls, animation, drawing, writing, and reading. I'm a funny guy, make way to much puns, ask 'TheParisSwingCake'. Favorite pony is FluIttershy, worst is Twilight. Favorite music is Classic Rock, favorite TV show is a tie between The Walking Dead and Futurama. I love animals, have 6 pets. I'm always there for my friends. :)

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 1

I am a 17 year old boy. I am interested in anime, homestuck, ponies, and many other things. I'm awkward, I only really talk around my friends, and I fall asleep too much. I suck at math and science, and I love history. I am a gamer, and an Otaku. I love music, and honestly I don't believe life would be the same without it. I just like to have fun. I truly do try to enjoy each day as I am a paranoid conspiracy theorist who believes that the crap could hit the fan any time now. I love to research things I am interested in. I have very strong feelings politics-wise. I hate corruption, and I don't like how my president is merely a puppet. I don't like what my government is doing. I don't like being spied on. I don't like a lot of things, but you know what I do like? Cupcakes. Yum!

(edited)

Interesting topic!

Okay, so I'm a twenty-something woman (c'mon, you don't have to know my exact age, do ya?) I am straight, liberal and practice Nicherin Daishonin Buddhism.  My heritage is Scotch Irish on my mom's side and Jewish on my dad's (although, I have never practiced Judaism in the religious sense). I have medium-length curly hair and am a little bit chubby, but am working on that ;). I'd say I'm sort of cute/pretty in a way, but mostly pretty "normal looking." I was raised in a small town, but am more of a city person. I currently study film in Boston. I like storytelling/art in all its forms, but I especially like watching movies.

Personality-wise, I'm very creative, friendly and curious. I believe humans are the most interesting species on the planet by far. I've heard a quote saying "you can either believe that nothing is a miracle or everything is." I'm definitely of the "everything is" school of thought. I tend to be a "big picture" kind of thinker. I enjoy talking to strangers/meeting new people and am usually the one initiating social interaction. I have a pretty good sense of humor and can often be snarky. At the same time, I'm pretty easily amused and laugh at things often.  I am not easily shocked, scared or offended. I consider myself to be a "strong pessimist" meaning that I embrace the difficulties of life and try to grow from them. I am becoming more self-aware/introspective as I grow up, largely because of my Buddhist practice. I'm a good multi-tasker. I'm generally pretty laid-back and down-to-earth, but can be assertive when I need to be. I'm pretty resilient (at least so far!)

On the other hand, I tend to depend a little too much on other people to make me happy and sometimes take it personally  when they do things I don't like. I think I sometimes come across as a bit over-eager/desperate (again, I'm working on that!) I can be gossipy and also complain quite a bit. I also get jealous very easily. Sometimes I can make too big of a deal out of things and blow things out of proportion. I also worry a lot about ridiculous things. I'm not great at living in the moment, mostly because I'm always trying to do lots of things at once.. My worst trait, though, is that I can be a bit dishonest and sometimes lie about stupid things for no good reason. I also eat a lot and don't have a lot of will-power. Lol.

I have a few minor health issues, mostly relating to stress, including insomnia and migraines. 

Edited by Carolina
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I am a good ole southern boy. Texas born and raised. I already know I don't have to go anywhere else this place has all I need. I would rather work with my hands than my mind simply because it allows my mind to wonder and it has a little something to do with pride. I'm actually pretty bright and creative but I tend to miss obvious things, perhaps do to the fact I am stuck inside my own head. I am a devout Christian and libertarian, I am very conservative. I believe strongly in the right to bear arms. I also enjoy fun shooting, fishing, mudding, hunting and occasionaly video games but after an hour or so they bore me. I am  a one girl kinda guy, yet I have not found that girl. I look for a friend more than anything, someone who would understand me.

I try to be understanding towards others even though I am really strong in my beliefs. For example when my friend told me he liked My Little Pony my immediate reaction was "to each his own". He is the one who got me into MLP, after he showed me 'The Rainbow Factory' music video I decided to watch the show. On that note I enjoy Grim Dark, Comedy and Action genres. I am Patriotic and have an extreme hate for ignorance, which sometimes gets me into trouble.

I actually enjoyed the episode 'Pinkie Keen', it probably being my number one. I interpretted the message not as a bash to science but simply some things we don't understand, at this point in time. A lot of Atheists I know, not all I have met some pretty cool ones, decide that religion is evil and the epitome of ignorance. They tend to bash my beliefs and believe me to be a stupid fool who doesn't understand science. Well the thought of us human beings, who we can all agree are still evolving and are imperfect, can understand everything from a specific process is ignorance. For example quantum physics are a completely different system of physics than things on a 1:1 scale, compared to us. I find a lot of it interesting which is one of the reasons I enjoyed Doctor Who, I enjoyed the idea of time travel and all the questions posed. The idea of there being something to learn, something we don't understand but yet are capable of seeking it out and perhaps harness it, the idea of there always being another question is just an amazing feeling.(sorry can't really describe myself without going on some kind of rant)

Edited by SandmanTheTerrible
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Gonna sound a bit awkward as i'm a Pegister (I think that's what its called for older pony girls... >_> Not quite sure yet though haha..)

I am 22, i'm a female. Been outta high school for about three years now. I'm pretty new to the MLP fandom, but from what i've seen so far it's interesting. I'm an all-around Otaku, Geek and Nerd. I play xbox 360, pc games, and sometimes N64, 3DS and PS2. Unfortunately for the moment, I still live with my mother as getting a job for the first time is so difficult in the world right now. Heck, my mom lost her job and house back in September about four years ago. Eventually I want to be a video game story board designer.

Let's seeeeee, what else? I'm into horror, humor, romance and sci-fi. I watch Supernatural, and a few other major fandom-ed shows. I prefer the movie Sherlock Holmes over the tv shows. I have an issue with keeping my sleep correct and i'm pretty much an odd ball and outcast. Guess thats it c.c O..Ohh and the Rainbow Factory is what first introduced me into MLP.

I blow out my candles on March 28th ~ I was born in 1991 though :3

Edited by Aries Flare
  • Brohoof 4

I'm a 16 year old teenager who was born and raised in New York. A very shy but nice person, who would do anything for you as long as you don't make him mad. A very pleasant anime fan, My Little Pony fan, comic book reader, and a Marvel/DC fan. I'm in the 11th grade in high school, and will be starting school again in September. I'm into horror, sci-fi, romance, action, adventure, and I will start reading some MLP comics soon.

Done.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a 20 year old film student born and raised in New Lenox, Illinois. I'm 5'10, 200 pounds, and I like ponies. 

Now, as for my personality. I'd have to say that I hold a little of each of the mane 6 in me. Fluttershy is my more timid side. I tend to be shy around new people in fear of making an idiot of myself. I'm also afraid of rejection of being wrong, so I have a tendency to listen more than I speak. I also share her caring side, and well, animals love me. Applejack is my hard working side. I never back down from a challenge I think I can win. Coincidentally, I found out this summer that I also have quite the green thumb. I also couldn't lie to save my life. Rarity is my generous side. I often try to think of others and that also ties in to my AJ side. I work hard because I don't want to be seen as lazy, or that I'm taking advantage of other people who are working harder than I. I like to give as much as I do receive, and am willing to go out of my way to help out others. Pinkie Pie is the side of me that tries to make sure that everybody is having a good time. I don't like to see people sad. I'm the guy at a funeral cracking jokes to cheer people up. Twilight is my literate side. I love books and researching, and look at everyday as a chance of learning something new. It's the reason I'm willing to spend hours on a Google search trying to find a reference to help answer a question. Rainbow Dash, ironically, is the one I have the least in common with. I share her value of loyalty and her love of pranks, but that's it, really. I think that's why I love her, though. She fills in the gaps of my personality. She's athletic where I'm more literate. She has egotistical tendencies where I'd consider myself selfless. She cares about popularity, where I'm indifferent towards it. She's the yang to my yin. 

What's up, I'm Jay. There is a lot to me. I am 25 and I live in Indiana. I drink a lot and I work even more. I am a crane mechanic and a fabricator so I put in about 60 hours a week. Went to school for automotive repair and landed this job by sheer luck. I am definitely a ladies man, I love to flirt and chat up girls at any chance. I have 8 tattoos. I was in a punk band in highschool, punk rock is one of those things that will always be a part of my life. I have been arrested 4 times and I think after that I have done a lot of growing up. My family is extremely important to me. I am very outgoing and will talk to anyone about anything. I heard some one once say "everyone you meet knows something you don't" and as someone who like to learn everything I can, I really try to take advantage of that. I can be a bit of an airhead at times but I redeem myself with my excellent problem solving skills. I also am not very emotional, it's really hard to piss me off. I think being angry is a waste of time, it's okay to be a little upset but you have to get over it and move on otherwise it's just a bad deal. I was a boyscout as a kid and made it to eagle. I don't have any kids but I would like to someday soon. I feel like it would be rewarding teaching them all I know about the world. Those are just some small cliff notes, I have lived quite a lot in the 25 years I have been on this earth. My outlook is you gotta try everything you can. This world is yours so explore all it has to offer. Live like a king, be humble as a saint, work like a slave, and don't hold grudges.

(edited)

My name is Kaz but my full birth name is Callum Michael Ian Smith, with Michael being my father's name and Ian being my grandfathers name which are both my middle names (family tradition to do this) but no one calls me by my birth name including my own family!

I'm an Apatheist, not an atheist, but I was raised a catholic by my extremely liberal mother (father is protestant).

I'm a 16 year old male who probably acts a lot more like a 16 year old female. I'm ridiculously skinny and I weigh about 118 pounds even though I'm 5ft 10in/178cm (something I'm quite proud of. Vanity, I know, but I'm Rarity embodied!)
My political party is Piratpartiet (Pirate Party) as I strongly agree with the polices of government transparency and internet privacy/freedom but otherwise I am true Liberal Democrat.

I play numerous interests such as Piano, Drum Kit, Ocarina, Ukulele and I love to sing! I also love graphic design and most of my work is inspired by Apple-esque minimalism!

I have a girlfriend of two years and 3 months who is the same age as me and who is also a fan of MLP, her favorite pony is Rainbow Dash. My favorite pony would have to be Rarity or Applejack but I am myself am more like Rarity.

I try to be extremely kind to everyone and I love talking to new people no matter who they are! I have just finished taking exams for my GCSE's (US high school diploma on a per subject basis) but I know most of my grades anyway.

My strongest subjects are English Literature and English Language which I've passed with A's while my weakest subject was Mathematics which I passed with a B.

I am an avid PC gamer and I absolutely love CS:GO but will play any game my friends are playing if its multiplayer!

Interesting Fact: My hair will be PURPLE tomorrow <3

Edited by Kaz

(edited)

((100 post special!!(kind of)))

So, my name is Cameron, I'm 15, I'm an Atheist, I live in London and to be honest, I don't really understand myself.

I'm not a shy person, I'm a quiet one. Sometimes I love being round others, striving to be friendly and hating to be alone as I may be missing out. While other times, I just want to be alone with the internet or whatever else to kill time. I guess you could say I'm bisocial :P

I'm White, 5'10" (ish) and 80Kg (ish). If you want a picture of me, it's on the 'Post a picture of yourself' thread somewhere. I'll maybe edit this post to put it in.

For my GCSE options, I chose French, Geography, Music and Graphics. With Music, I've been playing the Piano since I was about 6 (Grade 3), I've passed at Grade 3 Clarinet and starting Grade 4 Guitar. In Graphics, I've done a year of work with Photoshop.

With stuff I like, I had been a fan of Doctor Who since I was 7. Instead of playing with Pokémon cards, I played with Doctor Who Battles in Time collectors cards. Now I realise it would have been more worth while collecting Pokémon cards as Battles in Time is gone now but whatever.

I got into Pokémon at around 10 with Platinum which was pretty cool but I got bored after getting stuck on the Elite Four. I like Pokémon but I don't love it. Next came Anime which I still watch but not that often. Favourite Animes at the moment would be Death Note, Bleach and Highschool of the Dead (not for the girls, honest!) I watch a whole lot more YouTube. Fav YouTubers include HatFilms, Escapist Magazine, RoosterTeeth and Yogscast is my guilty pleasure. I'm also a gamer but that's kind of a given considering most of the people here are gamers as well. Favs include Just Cause 2, Skyrim and Gran Turismo 4.

Favourite Mane 6 is Rarity because she fabulous.

Favourite CMC is Apple Bloom because of her voice.

Favourite Princess is Cadence. Just is.

Favourite Background Pony is Derpy as she reminds me of myself when I'm socially awkward.

Edited by squareyes

Alright, if you've seen me post around the forums you might be able to put a picture together of what I'm all about and who I am. However, I'll put out who I am clearly as of now. This is basically me to the most honest extent.

My name is Michael, my full name is Michael Chad Martin the II. I'm named after my father, my mothers name is Andrea. I have a two brothers, Andrew and Christian. I have one sister named Leanna. 

Now I'm going to describe myself, I'm an extremely critical person who is appalled by the sheer amount of stupidity in some people. I immediately dislike most theistic people, now some I learn to like and I've been getting better about tolerance. Lets just say I'm not the most open to someone who blatantly flails around there theistic claims but if I learn that after I've spoken to them for a bit I tend to get along with them.

I'm a person of dynamic opinion, I'm always changing my ideas and thoughts but there always based around a central thing called, "Reason." If I can't see it, touch it, smell it, or have proof of something I don't believe it.

I honestly in the end love everyone in some kind of way, sure I might think that a theist is stupid and I don't like them but they could be very happy in there position so I love them for that. Until someone gives me a reason not to love them then I generally love them.

I use to be on the same boat as lots of people, suicidal thoughts and general depression and uncertainty. However that time in my life has just made me stronger, I've learned that no depression can last forever with the right mindset. And with the help of Pastel colored ponies I've became an overall happy person with plenty of confidence and I hope that I can spread that confidence around to other people. 

I love to make people smile also, yes I have my bad traits of being really critical at times but I reassure I'm not a terrible person with my positive attitude towards things.

That's me in short

Hey guys, I'm a 16 year old male born July 1997, living in Australia. Although I love em all, my favorite Mane 6 member is Rainbow Dash and my least favorite is Rarity. I came into the Brony fandom about late last year and have found it a great fandom to be a part of. My non-Pony favorite shows are Doctor Who and Sherlock, and my favorite bands are The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and AC/DC. I also play guitar.

That's pretty much it for me.

I'm a 14 year old girl, going into the 9th grade. I've always been really shy, but right now I'm working to overcome that. I love weather, astronomy, and archeology. I want to be a meteorologist when I'm older. I love cartoons, and basically other 'kid' stuff. I love adventurous stuff, like skydiving, snowboarding, riding on roller coasters, etc. I'm kinda good at singing, but other than that I don't really have a talent. Personality wise, I couldn't really tell you, since I'm a bit biased, but I would say that I'm kind, I love to help, I'm very sensitive, generous, optimistic, kinda awkward, and basically I'm a 'good' girl, haha. I'm very forgiving but at the same time I hold grudges, if that makes any sense. I also have a tendency to lie, but thats mostly because I'm a bit insecure. My favorite characters in the show are Fluttershy, Rarity, and the CMC. I think thats about it for me.

I'm a 19 year old who is very interested in programming and art. I have background programming in languages such as C# and Java Script, I'm moderately good with both. I am looking for a career in that field, but haven't had any luck yet, Of course, college comes first once I have the money. I'm just looking for opportunity.

I am very conflicted emotionally, I swing back and forth from emotions, I am not usually sad or angry, I usually switch between apathy (Just generally not caring about anything) and bliss, seemingly at random. When I am in a happy mood, I get...well, a bit eccentric, to say the least.

I am from (and still live in) a town in Massachusetts  of about 10,000 people, (the town is Ware, in case anybody was wondering), I've lived here all my life. Although I am interested in travelling around the world, the financial opportunity to do that has not presented itself to me. I live with my 21 year old brother and my 15 year old cousin in a medium sized house. 

I am however, a loyal friend, if you're kind to me, I'll have your back through literally anything, and lots of people think I'm funny for reasons beyond my understanding, considering my short time in the field of stand-up comedy was a complete and utter failure. I like to always try to maintain a positive attitude when possible, but that's not always within the field of possibility.

I am 16, and female. When this semester starts, I will be a junior in high school. I don't get good grades, due to stress and otherwise being horrible at math. I probably average a 'B,' but I'm working on it. I put more value into other things than raw grades, and I think colleges and employers are as well.

I am cold and realistic. I am an atheist. I am a skeptic. Face-to-face, I keep my mouth shut until someone needs me, unless the subject is something I am passionate about. This is different from when I am able to type. I can collect my thoughts easier from behind a computer, without having to think quickly in order to keep a conversation going. On the internet, I will shove my nose into more things than are good for me.

The internet raised me; my parents were too old to really spend real time with me when I was younger, so my father built me my first computer when I was only five or six years of age to keep me occupied. I discovered the internet instantly, and it raised me. My parents did not filter anything. On forums, I spent time alongside adults, and took their criticism to heart. Begging for attention got me shunned. Spelling incorrectly got me shunned. Acting my age got me shunned. I spent more time on the internet than I did with my peers.

I was exposed to hate on the internet, and went through an emotional crisis because of it. I don't get offended on the internet anymore. I'm not bothered by trolls. I tend to take things seriously, and miss a lot of sarcasm. 

I enjoy video games and I love computers. I am a fan of MLP and I am a furry, a fursuiter to be more specific. 

Humm... where do I start?

Well, Im a male and Im 17 years young. I see myself as a very open person and I think that being such an open person is one of the reasons I got into MLP:FiM the way I did. Im also a very shy and very quite person, especially when it comes to girls. Actually have a twin sister whom is my exact opposite, she is really talkative, out going and loud.(lolz) When you get to know me though you'll start to see a lot more of my personality shine through, sometimes Im a bit of a clown. :P  I also love to draw, play video games, watch anime, and listen to music. Speaking of video game and drawing, when I graduate high school I hope to go into some type of art college. My dream job is to become a concept artist/illustrator. As for the type of music Im to, I dont really have a specific type; really I listen to just about any type of music that is to my liking, I even listen to some music in other languages.(more so Hatsune Miku and ONE OK ROCK) I enjoy making new friends and getting to know them well. All in all I guess you could say Im a pretty laid back guy.  :catface:

- I am 18

- I have 3 birds and one dog at home

- I have chronic depression and chronic anxiety

- I just recently graduated high school

- My MLP fan character is named WolfTracks

Here is a pic of me (fictional and real life)

post-14906-0-26602800-1375513401.jpg

post-14906-0-00315200-1375513419_thumb.jpg

• I'm a 14 year old guy

I'm a Serbian Nationalist

I'm Orthodox Christian

I'm an amateur historian

I live in Novi Sad

I love nature and animals

I'm a good student

I do Aikido

I have ambidexterity

Fluttershy is best pony

Hello I'm Bethany  :) 

I'm 18 years old (Turning 19 on August 5th. )

I love to read,write and listen to music. I have a wide variety of music I listen to. I mostly listen to Jpop and Kpop. (2NE1 is my Bias. I adore them and have had the pleasure of seeing them live when they came to New Jersey.) My favorite color is purple. I was bullied throughout all my years of school and I suffer from Bipolar Disorder.(Which is why if anyone needs to talk I'm here. *hugs* I know what it's like to be bullied and be depressed.) I am shy and quite. Out of the main ponies I'm mostly like Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. Although Rarity is my favorite out of the mane 6 (with Rainbow Dash in 2nd and Fluttershy in 3rd.)

My pony is Crestfallen (pokes avie.) She's a Pegasus and is very shy and a loner. I'm still figuring out what her cutie mark will be.

I can't think of anything else to add XD Nice meeting you all :3  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

• I have ADHD
  • I prefer silence
  • I do not show much emotion
  • I can be quite cold when it comes to certain things....
  • I'm hardly ever really happy, what is there to be happy about?
  • My second favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle, as I am quite similar to her
  • I'm a guy in case you were wondering .-.
  • My favorite pony is Vinyl Scratch, for reasons I actually don't even know
  • I cant explain stuff to people because of varying degrees of knowledge...

I believe that's mostly it

I don't play by your rules >:I

I use list!

Edited by Niko Bellic

Oh this is easy.

Everypony will now get to know my name.. It's Josh. I'm about to be 16 on August 18th.

Now let's get started. Basically I'm a proud Brony. I'm a Junior in High School, I'm located in the state of Texas and have been living in the state ever since I was born. I'm only like an hour from the state of Oklahoma where I would want to go to college. That would be Oklahoma University(OU) to get a degree in Meteorology. 

Anyway before we get to that information, let's get into the further details about myself. Anyway, things about me are like, I'm sort of shy but not really. 2) I'm pretty cool to hang around with, but also kind of a pain in the *squee*. I'm a gamer(mainly a hard core gamer) but I don't play Video Games as much as I used to. I'll be honest here, I have a nasty temper. I'm one of those stallions you really don't want to piss off, and if you were the cause, you better back off(Not a threat to anypony here) cause I will go insane and get more mad. I'm not really much of a fighter, but If I had to fight someone, I guess I would.

Now for the brony community and how I feel about it. Basically, It's really one of the best fandoms that the world has ever had, it's like a family kind of thing and not just a individual type thing. Now for me, I like to watch cartoons sometimes but really, alot of the cartoons now on TV are ABSOLUTE *squee*!!!

The only good cartoons are like one obviously is MLP:FIM, Regular Show(It's Okay), Ben 10(Channel 258 on Verizon Fios), Catdog(NickToons Channel), and then I guess that's it. That's just my opinion though on the only good TV shows anymore.. I loved the good old days when shows like Courage the Cowardly dog was on, or Ed,Edd,Eddy(Comes on actually in the mornings or afternoons).

Now onto what I would want to do with my life, and as you read earlier I want to get a degree in Meteorology. Well already for the past 4 years I've been studying Meteorology. I'm a trained storm spotter with the NWS SKYWARN. I'm a spotter for the U.S Storm Spotter Network, and just the regular Spotter Network. I'm part of a team called JWSevereWeather as one of their Meteorologists and Chasers. I mainly just read my radar system called GRLevel3 and read out warnings, get data and grab the insane, valuble, worth it kind of signatures like Base Velocity or Storm Relative Velocity and other signatures that really stands out a storm(Mainly a Supercell or a BowEcho). It's what I do best and I will continue to do it. When I get my drivers license in November of this year, I will hopefully get to start Storm Chasing the next spring in 2014.. But I hope it'll be on break time and I can take those days off from work to chase in like Oklahoma or Kansas. My goal is to save lives and help in the warning process to increase warning time which will decrease the death rate and send off data to construction engineers that will build homes and other buildings that will decrease the penetration of houses to be destroyed and decrease the damage total. Example: 450 million dollars to 15 million dollars, or at least 100. But that's all I can really say so.

That's It really. xD ^_^  

• Brohoof 1

I have been wanting to reply to this thread for awhile, but I have found that my mind would draw a blank when I would attempt to figure out what I should say. Describing something as complex as a human being, no matter who they are, is no easy task. Where should I begin? My age? My interests? My location? While all of those things are good and fine, I felt that my post would just turn into a list of facts about myself. It would not fully capture who I am as a person. And while the following post does not capture my full personality, life, or mind either, I feel that it comes closer, for I have decided to describe my passion in life. This passion of mine is a fundamental aspect of the core of my being, and one of the large factors behind the decisions that I will make in life. As such, in a thread prompting others to describe themselves in a few paragraphs, I have decided that it would be fitting to describe one of the fundamental aspects of the core of my being.

I love seeking out the unknown. For as long as I have been alive, regardless of the fact that I did not realize this when I was younger, I have had a constant curiosity about the nature of reality, and about what else is out there. As I grew older, this curiosity manifested itself in my current pursuits involving mathematics, lucid dreaming, out of body experiences, near death experiences, philosophy, and other similar matters. 

This curiosity has grown into so much more: a passion. I can feel this passion within myself every day, as if it were a flame. A source of infinite strength, determination, willpower, and love through which I can channel my curiosity in my explorations of the unknown. 

The current focal point of my passion to understand the beyond is a study of lucid dreaming. I am in the process of learning how to do so at will, in addition to researching the experiences of others. I plan to greatly augment these studies by reading various books on the subject in the near future. I plan to begin with the book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge. 

Once I become adept at the art of lucid dreaming, I will begin to study not only it, but related phenomenon. I plan to discover information about the nature of lucid dreaming, and dreams as a whole, which will in turn provide insight into the nature of the very fabric of reality. I will explore related phenomenon including, but not limited to, out of body experiences, etheric projection, and remote viewing, to attempt to discover insight of greater depth into the nature of the human mind, reality, and the afterlife.

These endeavors will play a role in my overall plan in life to discover and understand the unknown. I plan to augment my personal studies with a formal collegiate education in both philosophy and mathematics. Hopefully I will be able to land a job as a professor in one of those fields, which would give me access to greater resources to conduct research. If I end up deciding that the path of academia is not for me, then I will most likely try to find a job that is both beneficial to society and personally interesting to me that applies mathematics in some form. 

My reasons for my fascination with mathematics are twofold, yet inherently interconnected. In one respect, I view mathematics as a form of art. Its intricacies, nuances, and complexity are deeply beautiful, and are expressed through symbols that are interesting and aesthetically pleasing. In a second respect, I view mathematics as a gateway into the unknown. By working our way to the theoretical boundary of mathematics and pushing outward, discovering new mathematical concepts, we can begin to partially represent that which cannot yet be seen with the human eye, or effectively studied in a scientific laboratory. Mathematics can show us the beginning fundamentals of unknown concepts and constructs of reality that currently evade our human perception.

I view philosophy as also an art form. It is similar to mathematics in the sense that it can also open a window into the unknown through which we can begin to understand those aspects of reality that are so far beyond what we can currently study in a scientific laboratory, it just does so in a somewhat different fashion. However, both philosophy and mathematics share a rigorous logical foundation, and as such, they are closely interconnected. I feel that a comprehensive understanding of both would be no less than essential in my quest for the unknown.

This flame, this passion, this love and this yearning for understanding the meaning of life, my purpose in the world, and the nature of reality is a fundamental aspect of the core of my being. It will be one of the large factors behind the choices I make in life.

• 2 months later...

ugg just two words...

Sweet heart..

Ah I'm 23 years old, I work at farm and I give most of my money away to others to help, I'm very sweet and loving, I'm not shy but I'm not really out going.. I can talk with just about any pony.

Meh. Not much to say, really. 

I'm 18. I'm a PC gamer who enjoys almost all kinds of music. Notable genres that I don't like are hard rock, metal (anything on that end of the spectrum), classical, stuff that is intensely country, and most pop music. I'm very shy in real life, I don't talk to new people unless either forced to or talked to first. Most of my time is spent at this very laptop, keyboard, mouse and headset, playing games and talking to either a forum or friends.

My home life is pretty modest. My room, for example, is very nice. I have a ~30 inch flat screen (that I don't use), my desk with my computer, a queen sized bed, 2 dressers, and an assortment of junk. I also have an Xbox (which I also don't use). But on the other hand, my room doesn't have any kind of air conditioning or heating (which down stairs does), I use a blanket for a blind on the window, my carpeting is almost completely gone, and I have only 1/2 of a working outlet. 

My school life is nice. I'm a CIS major in the school of business at Tiffin University. I enjoy school, although I don't have anyone I would consider a friend there. My one friend who was going to the school with me dropped out at the 2nd or 3rd week.

My family is also very nice. My sister is married and moved away, with 2 kids. My mother has a stable boyfriend for once in her life, and my father is somewhere in North Carolina (or South, who knows?). My distant family still talks to us via Facebook and texting, so we keep in touch with everyone. 

Overall, I'd say my life is pretty nice. It's stable, relaxed, and not on the verge of disaster.happy.png