Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you like the MLP:FiM theme remix in EqG?

Blue Moon

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like the remix?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which do you prefer?

• Remix
    • Original

Okay, most of you have seen Equestria Girls and probably heard that remix of the MLP:FiM theme in the opening sequence. If not, here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8XMmGKMiY

Anyway, my question for you all is if you liked this remix or not. Which one do you like more: this remix or the original? Vote above and put reasons below.

I liked it, but I didn't really like the beginning of it. I prefer the original over it.

I was surprised to hear that they remixed it for the movie. It was pretty good in my opinion, then again, everything Daniel Ingram makes is good. Still for some reason though, I still prefer the original remix.

Eh, It was good and fitted nicely with everything else in the introduction, but I still like the original better, it has a charm to it. Especially the full version of the original theme.

It was good, but I just like the original a little better personally.

• Brohoof 1

They're both great themes, and in my opinion, I think that the remix was perfect for the movie.

i don't know, but with the whole high school, and human setting, it matches more.  

I believe the original fits well with the series.  I'm happy they made a remix to complement the movie.  

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed the remix as much as I would enjoy getting sodomized by a cactus. This was were the movie started to really suck. To quote Nash Bozard "If they replaced this entire episode with 45 minutes of someone flipping off the audience, you'd never notice the difference." 

Please not that I'm not saying this because I hate My Little Pony, I'm saying this because I LOVE My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 1

I was greatly (albeit very pleasantly) surprised by this here remix. For once, I actually DIDN'T want to fast-forward through the theme. So yeah, highly Dude approved.

• Brohoof 2

I like the regular theme, but the remix was freaking awesome! I think it would be cool if they did something like that for the theme of S4. The old one will always be special to me, but I think we need something new for S4, especially since Twilight's an alicorn. It would be so awesome. The graphics that went along with it reminded me of a PMV. laugh.png

Both are very good. I cannot stand Daniel anymore, his music is just way too catchy in my opinion. Helping Twilight win the crown is still in my head since I've seen it. In fact I'm listening to it right now!

• Brohoof 4

This is actually palatable, unlike the actual intro. There's a reason why so many pony reviewers on youtube skip the FiM's intro.

In fact, G1, G2 and G3 all have the G4 intro beat. The former three are actually more catchy and sound better.

I like most of Ingram's work in the show itself, but the intro is garbage.

I loved it! It was like they hired Alex S. to make music for them! And the visuals for that were amazing too. If Feedsy and Alex S. teamed up, that was basically what would have come out. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I loved the remixed intro. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the regular's shows musical numbers, but I honestly can't stand the opening theme in the show. After the first couple of episodes I watched I've skipped it almost every time. Unlike some other aspects of the show which I didn't care for originally, but later came to love, the regular intro music is still hardly palatable to me. 

I also just thought it was cool how the remixed intro seemed to be inspired by some of the stuff fans have put out. 

Edited by Danze

(edited)

Im gonna be really honest: Yes I liked the remix it was a nice touch and I would like that to be the next theme for season 4. HOWEVER! and I'll admit, while the remix was fun and all it actually felt like a brony quality, the brony chronicles intro song gave almost the same feel of amazement.. 

Edited by edpedrero
  • Brohoof 1

Since I think the regular theme is beyond awful, this was a really nice change of pace and I really liked it. It surprised me in a great way I am happy to say, not surprised though, aside from the main theme, I love most of what the show has in terms of music

I loved it! It was like they hired Alex S. to make music for them! And the visuals for that were amazing too. If Feedsy and Alex S. teamed up, that was basically what would have come out. :3

That's what I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R677MV--WI

A lot of the comments on Alex S' version mention how the EG version sounds like it. I wonder if there was some influence there...

• Brohoof 1

I loved it! Am I the only one that keeps replaying it over and over because of how awesome it sounds. And like another user said, it feels like it was inspired by fan music.

• 1 month later...

Some people are saying it should be the theme for Season 4, but I rather have the original.

I liked it, but it should only be for EQG.

Edited by Generosity
  • Brohoof 3