Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you like the MLP:FiM theme remix in EqG?

Blue Moon

139 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like the remix?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which do you prefer?

• Remix
    • Original

Well, I'm not a big fan of the original theme for "MLP:FiM", but still I like it the way it is, and there's something in it that makes me want it to stay there unchanged. It's like a branding message, and it became an integral part of the show, so it'll better stay there. They can improve it a bit though to sound less girly. If I were to propose any more radical replacement, I'd tell to make use of the music played during the introduction to the very first episode of Season 1, the one during the backstory myth of Celestia & Luna. More on that at the bottom of my post.

As to the "Equestria Girls" opening theme: I have mixed feelings, because on one hand it sounds cooler than "MLP:FiM" theme, but, on the other hand, I don't like vocals shredded into some unrecognizable pieces and too much phase filtering applied, because it makes it sound like some cheap clubbing music. But I guess that it's done on purpose, due to popularity of dubstep-like music these days. But my opinion can be somewhat biased, since I don't like dubstep. (For me it sounds like if someone cut the tape into 1cm-long pieces and pasted it back in some random order. I prefer classical harmony, so this sounds like random noise to me.)

But I loved other songs in "Equestria Girls", especially "Helping Twilight Win The Crown" song. This is very catchy. Very simple (somewhat resembling cheer-leader songs), but still catchy and enjoyable. It is a new hit on my playlist ;-)

If you asked me about what songs from "MLP:FiM" I like the most, then here's my Top 10 list:

1. Love is in Bloom
  2. Celestia's Ballad
  3. I've Got to Find a Way
  4. Becoming Popular
  5. A True, True Friend
  6. Smile
  7. Ballad of the Crystal Ponies
  8. Winter Wrap Up
  9. B.B.B.F.F.
  10. Art of the Dress

and you can pretty much figure out from it what is my musical taste. I love classical piano trippin', acoustic guitar ballads, and I don't like Disney-like musicals much.

everything Daniel Ingram makes is good

Yes, he does. But we should not forget about someone else, who composed even more music; the background music for the whole show: William Anderson. I love his background music more still than all the songs from the show taken together.

P.S.: I hadn't answered the poll, since there's no option fitting my answer.

Edited by SasQ

Yes, he does. But we should not forget about someone else, who composed even more music; the background music for the whole show: William Anderson. I love his background music more still than all the songs from the show taken together.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. He also makes some pretty good background music. I really like the Cutie Mark Crusaders background theme song.

I think it was really good. Sounds like something a brony would have done themselves. As a matter of fact, I vaguely remember hearing something very similar on youtube a while back. 

The original was a awesome rock song, the remix is a generic (IMO) techno song, so I really prefer the original. Also dem drums on the original, yummy

Hear hear, Fluttershy's Training Montage, the Gilda and Dragon Quest Metal songs and the EqG Soccer Duel theme are some of my favorite tunes off of the show.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre
  • Brohoof 1

Although I enjoyed the remix very much, and absolutely loved Equestria Girls in general, I still believe that the original theme is a lot better. It keeps the show on its happy-go-lucky standpoint and allows the viewers to keep in mind that the show is about friendship

This was actually the part where it gave me an impression that this wasn't going to be a bad movie. I prefer the remix better than the theme song. Yet it's really hard to sing along to..

It did a great job of hyping me up for the movie itself, and it reminded me of some fanmade remixes, especially those made by Alex S. The title sequence itself had a nice color scheme, and was really well animated at times, so yes, I loved it.

• Brohoof 1

I actually liked the remixed version a lot and thought it was a nice remix for the movie. It's nice that they actually took the time to remix the original for the movie instead of just using the original song and not changing anything. But if they got a brand new song entirely I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't haven't liked it, so I am actually really happy about the remix. They remixed the song but still included some parts so that it would still sound like the original a bit, but still like something a bit new.

So overall, I think they did a fine job with remixing the song. But I still like the original just as much as the remixed version. 

I personally prefer the remixed theme to the original. I do not think either is "bad", although the normal gets a lot of people to cringe, the remix just suits my style of music better. I don't know if it really fit the movie, but the intro cinematic fit nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...