Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

Do something real to fight global hunger and help people who are chronically hungry and living in poverty – donate to the 40 Hour Famine!

40 Hour Famine is one of Australia’s biggest youth events, raising community awareness and much-needed funds to help fight global hunger.
This year the 40 Hour Famine will help support projects that fight hunger in Malawi, Ethiopia, East Timor, Nepal, Tanzania, and Uganda and helps World Vision respond to emergencies and other needs around the world.]

$40 can help feed a family of six for a month!

Please consider donating to this worthy cause and help make poverty history!

Donation link: https://famine.worldvision.com.au/famine/donate?lpos=Famine_top_nav_Donate_Button

My Famine ID is: 2013010816

post-11488-0-34304200-1372666988_thumb.png
enter the famine ID here^

Thankyou to anyone who donates for your support smile.png

Edited by Snowdream
  • Brohoof 2

I would donate to support it and all, but unfortunately I don't really have the means to do so or anything, and my parents wouldn't really want me donating to stuff there not familiar or aware with.

So unfortunately I can't donate, but I do want to wish you good luck with the whole thing and getting donations!

• Brohoof 1

Help feed Snowdream's bank account with your precious cash.

Haha just kidding,  I would consider donating if I had any money :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Help feed Snowdream's bank account with your precious cash.

Haha just kidding,  I would consider donating if I had any money img-1609981-1-sad.png

I know this is just a joke, but I think it needs mentioning that all funds raised go to World Vision. from there the money is put to use helping malnourished, sick and chronically hungry people. Not a single cent goes towards the bank of Snowdream img-1609981-2-smile.png

From the 16th to the 18th of August, I, along with many others who want to catch a small glimpse of what life is like for many people,  will go forty hours without food, furniture, and the use of my right hand.

I would donate to support it and all, but unfortunately I don't really have the means to do so or anything, and my parents wouldn't really want me donating to stuff there not familiar or aware with.

So unfortunately I can't donate, but I do want to wish you good luck with the whole thing and getting donations!

Thankyou for taking the time to at least see what's going on. World Vision's '40 hour famine' isn't entirely about raising funds. Raising awareness of the conditions of other countries is as big a job, if not bigger than raising the money. Even if you can't donate, spread the word, share the information. For more information on World Vision and the 40 Hour Famine please visit: http://www.worldvision.com.au/40hourfamine.aspx

This is the fifth consecutive year I have participated in the 40 hour famine, and this year I hope to raise more money than ever towards this worthy cause. Each year I have felt a great deal of satisfaction, knowing that I have made a difference to poverty in the world. I believe that this generation, our generation can rid the world of poverty. Please help me in the fight to end Hunger!!

Edited by Snowdream

(edited)

You are now following this topic.

Unfortunately,I don't have money to spare.Everything I have is going towards college,so I'm strapped for cash.Once I get a job or an income of some sort,I will definitely make a return to this topic and donate.

In the meantime,I'll always wish you the best of luck and good fortune on your charity!

Edited by CaptainBlue808
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are now following this topic.

Unfortunately,I don't have money to spare.Everything I have is going towards college,so I'm strapped for cash.Once I get a job or an income of some sort,I will definitely make a return to this topic and donate.

In the meantime,I'll always wish you the best of luck and good fortune on your charity!

Thankyou for taking the time to view this topic, this is an issue that I feel very passionate about helping in anyway I can, it's pleasing to see other people taking interest in it as well:) if you do get any spare cash, the donation would defiantly be appreciated! :)

Saying the same as Zygen and John, would really donate if i had the cash and possibilities too. Too bad all my money goes to games and such :( I try helping all i can by not donating money. Good think to put up on the forums by the way. All of my :wub:  Goes too you! 

• Brohoof 1

Saying the same as Zygen and John, would really donate if i had the cash and possibilities too. Too bad all my money goes to games and such :( I try helping all i can by not donating money. Good think to put up on the forums by the way. All of my :wub: Goes too you!

Thanks for visiting this thread anyway, raising awareness is also a big job that you can help with, spreading the word, sending links, it all helps with the fight against poverty:)

(edited)

post-11488-0-15254400-1373893800.png

Meet James,
He's seven and he loves school. But he must stay home most days to help his mum weave mats so the family can eat. 

It takes them three days to finish one mat and if his mum can sell the mat she might make 50 cents.
This helps to buy food, but not a lot. Sometimes James gets one meal a day. Sometimes he gets nothing.

to see the video of Jame's Story go here

Your donations to world vision are helping people like James.

Edited by Snowdream