Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Flash Sentry!

Dashabel

Sorry, but I just find flash completely boring and uninteresting.

He felt like a filler character in EqG, just someone to bale out twilight and be her prince charming. He was never an cecal character to me and it feels like not much thought was put into him at all.

The rest of the characters are very relatable and down to earth in my opinion but, flash sorta brakes that feel of every character being relatable going back to what I said before he is to much of a prince charming. :/

• Brohoof 2

Awww no love for Flash?

Eh I get it. His character wasn't fleshed out enough in the movie in order for it to be totally worth being there.

But I just like that his character let us show another side of Twilight. We had never seen her be attracted to anyone before. I know some of you think it was OOC or shoehorned but honestly I think her crush was legit (well aside from the whole she has only been human for five minutes and finds a very alien creature attractive thing, but I will blame this plot hole on pheromones and a desperate need to latch onto anyone who shows her kindness). It is totally normal for a female person to have a crush on someone after previously feeling insecure. I mean Twilight didn't even know that kindness could exist in the human world until Flash helped her up. So, in a very small and subtle way I think he serves a purpose in the movie. Could he have been replaced by someone else? Eh, maybe, but we didn't so there ya go.

I would personally like to see him as a background character, if the writers do not want to have him involved in the show. Or if he started out as a background character and eased himself into the spotlight. A more natural progression into the show's plot or subplots would make fans feel better.

Also, I would really like to see Sunset Shimmer again.

• Brohoof 2

I really don't care. He was a nice character, but if he's in S4 I don't care, if he's not I don't care either. *firstworldponyproblems*

I understand that you have lost interest in this post, but I do agree and disagree with this statement. 

Flash Sentry IS quite a nice character, maybe a pleasant fit for Twilight, but he has NO character development. I isn't right to just smash to ponies together just because they interact a few times. I say that the writers should yes include him in a few, POSSIBLY many episodes so that hes able to tell the audience how he really is, and get to actually know Twilight. Hope this helps even though you aren't for it anymore  ;)

-Daily Dashereeee :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry was made purely for the role of being the young handsome colt that appeared out of the blue who the female protagonist (Twilight) blushes at, which quite frankly is uber-cliche by now. If Flash had any hope of appearing in Season 4, Twi would have to have noticed him on duty instead of randomly bumping into him like we saw in EG, and even then the fandom wouldn't take it well due to the whole "No Mane 6 love interests" policy they've got on the wall. Sooo, no. Do not save Flash Sentry. it's in the best interests of the fandom he never shows up again.

• Brohoof 2

Flash Sentry was made purely for the role of being the young handsome colt that appeared out of the blue who the female protagonist (Twilight) blushes at, which quite frankly is uber-cliche by now. If Flash had any hope of appearing in Season 4, Twi would have to have noticed him on duty instead of randomly bumping into him like we saw in EG, and even then the fandom wouldn't take it well due to the whole "No Mane 6 love interests" policy they've got on the wall. Sooo, no. Do not save Flash Sentry. it's in the best interests of the fandom he never shows up again.

It was also in the best interest of the fandom to not have Twilight become an alicorn. Honestly, while I do like it and accept it, I can't say that it was something that I really wanted to have happen before we knew that it was a possibility. I don't think most people could say that.

But I think that now the alicorn Twilight drama has died down and we have seen her in the show as an alicorn for long enough, I think it is safe to say that it wasn't a horrible decision. Sometimes things happen that the fandom doesn't specifically ask for, but it works out for the show anyways as long as they handle it right.

Shoehorning Flash into the show would be an unwise decision. I think the writers knew that because Flash is not going to be in season 4. However I am open to having him as a minor character later on. If he is going to be a love interest in any way, it will take a while for that to develop properly. The fans may not want it, for the most part, but if it is done right, they will live with it. Besides, it is good for the fandom to not always be pandered to. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am not against Flash Sentry, but technically he dosen't exist.

Equestria Girls never really happened, it was just a spin-off. The people who made the movie said it has nothing to do with the actual series.

Actually I am pretty sure that Meghan said that Equestria Girls did happen, but that it is a separate event from the rest of the show and doesn't affect the show currently in any way. Meaning that you do not need to see Equestria Girls in order to see Season 4.

I do not have the Twitter quote on hand to prove that she said this, though. If anyone has it, it would he appreciated to have it. Thanks. :)

Can you prove it? If you can't then don't ruin my rainbow dreams please. I want to imagine that it's never happened.

From her Twitter:

equestriagirlscanon_zps9dde0aaa.png

If you think that I have somehow tampered with this image to try to make your life more miserable, then first that is lame, and secondly you can check her Twitter feed for the evidence.

From her Twitter:

img-2233465-1-equestriagirlscanon_zps9dd

If you think that I have somehow tampered with this image to try to make your life more miserable, then first that is lame, and secondly you can check her Twitter feed for the evidence.

okay okay, I belive you. Damn...

Edited by zev_zev

I didn't like Equestria Girls simply because of its animation and storyline, in fact, I'm puzzled with the sole purpose of its existence. Some folks believe its Hasbro's attempt to poke the massive Lion that is the brony community with a wooden stick.

From her Twitter:

img-2233465-1-equestriagirlscanon_zps9dd

Neat, given they had previously stated that it was going to be 100% not connected just prior to release :P

TBH though for anyone who is a Flash fan, he did make a momentary appearence (and was name dropped, so there is no chance at mistaken identity :P ) in the Luna Micro series comic. Was scared senseless by an opossum :)

Edited by GrimCW

sadly, Hasbro hadn't done a good job with FS. Next time, they should give him more time to develop him, but they said he won't show up in Season 4..... oh well, there's still a chance in season 5, don't give up Flash  ;)

Now what's going to happen is, Twilight will stay single and become a cat lady. Flash Sentry will not exist. Merp. The story line will dramatically change when the Tree of Harmony's chest is unlocked. Scootaloo with either fly, or become an international hitch-hiker. Towels will become very useful. Someone will understand some of these references about towels. A rant will be made about Scootaloo and the CMC not getting their cutie marks. Merp once again. Luna will be featured in an episode. Spike will be featured in an episode. Twilight will be burdened with royal responsibility, and will actually fly (unlike Scootaloo). Further rants will be made about Scootaloo. Cats will be put into an episode. Pinkie will act really wierd in an episode. I will write more of this post. Towels will be mentioned by someone in some other topic somewhere else. This post will end. Equestria will be happy. Merp. Post ends.