Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Flash Sentry!

Dashabel

I actually like Flash Sentry. He seems pretty cool and I like his mane. I'd have no issue with him being romantic with Twilight Sparkle. And before"lol but she's my waifu he can't steal her" nonsense, she does NOT belong to you.

It will be at least disrespect to the feelings of the fans, those who do not wish for any romantic relationship in this cartoon. Supporters of the Twilight x Flash will not lose anything, unlike us. Think about it, it's about mutual respect

It will be at least disrespect to the feelings of the fans, those who do not wish for any romantic relationship in this cartoon. Supporters of the Twilight x Flash will not lose anything, unlike us. Think about it, it's about mutual respect

Psst...did you know that just because you support a show, doesn't mean the creative team is obligated to fill each and every fan demand?

• Brohoof 3

Hmm, I don't know. The writers already mentioned that he's not canon. Perhaps if he made a background appearance somewhere or was seen as a guard in the Crystal Empire, that would be satisfactory for me...

Hmm, I don't know. The writers already mentioned that he's not canon. Perhaps if he made a background appearance somewhere or was seen as a guard in the Crystal Empire, that would be satisfactory for me...

He made an appearance in "Three's Company" as Cadence was exiting the train. He was one of the two guards that stood at attention. As the guards reboarded the train, he paused and smiled pleasantly at someone, who I assume was Twilight. Meagan has stated in a twitter response that Equestria Girls is canon to the television series.

He made an appearance in "Three's Company" as Cadence was exiting the train. He was one of the two guards that stood at attention. As the guards reboarded the train, he paused and smiled pleasantly at someone, who I assume was Twilight. Meagan has stated in a twitter response that Equestria Girls is canon to the television series.

Oh my gosh, really? I thought they'd said that it wasn't canon. I need to look at the gallery.

Do you know if he'll have any lines?

Oh my gosh, really? I thought they'd said that it wasn't canon. I need to look at the gallery.

Do you know if he'll have any lines?

He didn't have any lines in "Three's Company" and that might be the only appearance he has in the season unless Cadence and the Crystal Empire come up again. He's captain of the guard for the Crystal Empire, so he has major responsibilities there and likely won't be seen unless in the company of Cadence or in the palace of the Crystal Empire performing his duties.

Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa... I haven't even read the whole thread because I really can't be bothered. (So no, I'm not going to point the finger at anyone or criticise anyone's opinion, because everyone knows one shouldn't "hate" on something without full evidence.) But from what I've seen: chill out.

I didn't expect this thread to even last this long; everyone seems to hate Flash Sentry and this thread should have died down long ago. I don't even care about Flash anymore. Guys, just take a pin and deflate this balloon of bickering, please.

• Brohoof 1

Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa... I haven't even read the whole thread because I really can't be bothered. (So no, I'm not going to point the finger at anyone or criticise anyone's opinion, because everyone knows one shouldn't "hate" on something without full evidence.) But from what I've seen: chill out.

I didn't expect this thread to even last this long; everyone seems to hate Flash Sentry and this thread should have died down long ago. I don't even care about Flash anymore. Guys, just take a pin and deflate this balloon of bickering, please.

This thread would be dead' if Flash would't appearance again. But now our hate knows no boundaries. Mhahahahah

No, Flash Sentry is literally the worst thing to happen to FiM. His cameo was bad enough but I would never watch the show again if he became a recurring character. He doesn't even have a personality and was forced on by Hasbro against what literally all the writers wanted.

• Brohoof 1

No, Flash Sentry is literally the worst thing to happen to FiM. His cameo was bad enough but I would never watch the show again if he became a recurring character. He doesn't even have a personality and was forced on by Hasbro against what literally all the writers wanted.

I think you are exaggerating... I can understand that people felt that Flash was shoehorned into the movie. I really do. I don't 100% agree with that but I see where people are coming from.

I am not sure though if Hasbro forced the team to include him. The writers don't like to say that Hasbro ever forced them to do anything. If what everyone claims is Hasbro-forced is true, then shouldn't you be angrier at other aspects of the show? If Flash became a recurring character and the writers were able to develop him as a character rather than making him an automatic romantic relationship then would you still refuse to watch the show even if he turned out to be the most objectively developed male character in the entire series? I dunno, you seem to be jumping the gun.

The guy had 10 minutes in a movie (more like 1 minute in his pony version) and a cameo that lasted for another minute and people act like he is homophobic or something. I am serious. People are so OFFENDED by his existence. But why? He hasn't hurt anyone.

• Brohoof 2

I think you are exaggerating... I can understand that people felt that Flash was shoehorned into the movie. I really do. I don't 100% agree with that but I see where people are coming from.

I am not sure though if Hasbro forced the team to include him. The writers don't like to say that Hasbro ever forced them to do anything. If what everyone claims is Hasbro-forced is true, then shouldn't you be angrier at other aspects of the show? If Flash became a recurring character and the writers were able to develop him as a character rather than making him an automatic romantic relationship then would you still refuse to watch the show even if he turned out to be the most objectively developed male character in the entire series? I dunno, you seem to be jumping the gun.

The guy had 10 minutes in a movie (more like 1 minute in his pony version) and a cameo that lasted for another minute and people act like he is homophobic or something. I am serious. People are so OFFENDED by his existence. But why? He hasn't hurt anyone.

He's just a terrible character with no personality and is not well written at all. You can tell from watching it none of the writers wanted him whatsoever.

• Brohoof 2

He's just a terrible character with no personality and is not well written at all. You can tell from watching it none of the writers wanted him whatsoever.

Don't really feel like having this debate because at this point I am willing to agree to disagree with Flash haters... all I want to say is that it is not impossible for him to have actual character development. If he continues to be a character in the show and they didn't add anymore personality to him beyond what they did in Equestria Girls then it would be a shame. But like I said already claiming to never watch the show again of he became a regular character seems like jumping the shark.

I was not aware of any of the canon/non-canon discussions or writer comments. Can someone link me to some relevant information? Does this mean that EG is not canon?

Previous posts on this thread link to Meghan McCarthy's tweet about how EqG is canon but it doesn't affect the actual show. Which basically means that you don't need to see Equestria Girls in order to understand the show, but Equestria Girls did happen and Twilight was affected by it.

• Brohoof 1

Exactly! And we can see the consequences of this in season 4!

We do but those consequences are completely insignificant to the plot of the episode. At worst someone who has never seen Equestria Girls gets confused. At best they don't notice.

And many people who have not seen EqG at least know who Flash Sentry is...

Edited by RockinRarity

We do but those consequences are completely insignificant to the plot of the episode. At worst someone who has never seen Equestria Girls gets confused. At best they don't notice.

And many people who have not seen EqG at least know who Flash Sentry is...

There was sarcasm in my last post. Sorry.

By the way. Why I never saw topic: "Save Sunset Shimmer?" It's seems a little not fair isn't it? Maybe if she would return, it would fix everything. It's would stop this conflict.

Edited by zev_zev

I am not sure why this thread still alive.. Anyways, Flash Sentry will not appear in season 4 and I am glad for that! Just like the writers, I want equestria girls and fim to be two completely different things. I don't want to see him for season 5 either, I don't see the point of it.

There was sarcasm in my last post. Sorry.

By the way. Why I never saw topic: "Save Sunset Shimmer?" It's seems a little not fair isn't it? Maybe if she would return, it would fix everything. It's would stop this conflict.

Good question. I do know that there are people who would like to see her again, myself included.

I think though that people were decently satisfied with her appearance and back story in the comics. I found it interesting anyways.

For both characters I personally do not expect much more from them but you never know. :)

For those of you who think it'd be a good idea for Flash Sentry to feature in season four at least once, sign this petition!

Whelp, ya got what ya wanted.  He appeared once so far in S4.

Joking aside, I don't mind that he showed up mostly because he had no speaking lines and Twilight didn't even acknowledge his presence.   That look felt like a  "Hey I remember you from those two times you ran in to me..."   Then gets back on the train. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Flash did make a cameo appearance in Three's a Crowd, so there's a fairly visible rainbow, but still very transparent. If we want this ship to sail, than we have to keep trying

• 2 weeks later...

Flash did make a cameo appearance in Three's a Crowd, so there's a fairly visible rainbow, but still very transparent. If we want this ship to sail, than we have to keep trying

He may have made a cameo appearence, but i doubt there's anything else in store for him.

• 2 weeks later...