Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Flash Sentry!

Dashabel

(edited)

https://www.change.org/petitions/hasbro-studios-and-dhx-media-vancouver-save-flash-sentry#share

For those of you who think it'd be a good idea for Flash Sentry to feature in season four at least once, sign this petition! I think it'd be a really good idea: it was super cute and it'd be interesting for Twilight to have a love interest. Also, surely we all know that Flash needed some character development, so why not season four?

25th Dcember 2013 EDIT: to be honest I don't really care anymore.

Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

i have to agree and disagree with this on the same time. 

sure it was cute and all for twilight to get a love interest, and it would sure open some new doors to develop twilight further as a character. but then again flash sentry was a character from EQG and EQG is something that's supposed to have no affection on the original MLP show.

so yeah, don't know how they will execute this if he's coming back in S4

EDIT: signed anyway :)

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 4

Well I was hoping that he would be cannon. But once I saw the twitter post. I was extremely dissapointed. I was expecting Flash to be a prince with Twilight. But my hopes were dashed. Which doesn't matter because season four will be 20% cooler now that I saw eq girls. (yes I got that in there!). Anyways it's a shame flash isn't cannon but what evs that's life. derpy_emoticon1.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Don't take this the wrong way but this is asinine. Let the writers do what they want if they want to add him in they will if they don't then they won't. Don't try to force the writers to do things they don't want to do.

Edited by Rappy0
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

I really hoped he would be canon. I was actually, personally very upset when I saw Meghan McCarthy's tweet, but... Looks like he might have a chance now, if this petition isn't brushed away, anyway. At least it makes me feel important, like I at least tried.  biggrin.png

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

No thanks. First off, Season 4 is on its way to be released in a few months so it might be too late. Second, while I have no issues with them wanting to give Twilight a love interest, Flash Sentry was among my most hated things about Equestria girls, he was such f***ing boring, generic, uninspired tool. I never want to see him again.

If anything, I'd much rather see Sunset Shimmer, I think there's still so many things they could've do with her that the movie failed to do

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 14

It is not so much that I want Flash Sentry to be in season 4, just that I REALLY want Twilight to have a love interest at some point. Despite Sentry being a bit.....generic, Twilight's reactions to him were really cute and I would love to see something like in the actual show. I am not going to bother with a petition though, it is pointless. If Sentry is not going to be in season 4, then they have already written a lot of season 4 without him in mind, so, it is futile. I agree with Megas to an extent and would like to see a character a bit more....engaging. I liked Sentry for what he was, but he could have been better.

• Brohoof 2

No thanks. First off, Season 4 is on its way to be released in a few months so it might be too late. Second, while I have no issues with them wanting to give Twilight a love interest, Flash Sentry was among my most hated things about Equestria girls, he was such f***ing boring, generic, uninspired tool. I never want to see him again.

If anything, I'd much rather see Sunset Shimmer, I think there's still so many things they could've do with her that the movie failed to do

I'm with you on this one. Flash was one of the weakest parts of the whole movie. Not counting the terrible resolution, of course. I don't know why, but there was something about him that just rubbed me the wrong way. He's a character I've seen a million and one times before, and I have no desire to see him again. Good riddance Flash!

• Brohoof 6

I think that Flash Sentry was a really awesome character!.. That the writers didn't use in a good way. He's really good in some parts, but he was underdeveloped and too generic.

Sunset Shimmer was also underdeveloped, she has a lot of potential for a backstory (and her character design both as pony and human is so LOVELY!). I think we need to see Flash Sentry more often in the show, maybe as a background pony who makes Twilight feel "nervicited".

Nay, negatory, nuh-uh, nope!
Don't even think about it
Ain' happ'nin'!
Not in this lifetime.
Not in this universe.
Fugeddaboudit!

Equestria Girls is it's own thing, let's leave it at that, season 4 should not have anything to do with that movie, as far as I'm concerned, the events of EqG never happened,

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Sorry, but it is too late for a petition. Season 4 is well under development already, so there's no way he will appear. You can cross your fingers and hope Meghan was lying, but sadly, I don't think he'll be there. I do think they've got more in store for Equestria Girls, so you can at least hope to see him again in some way.

Same goes for Sunset Shimmer, however I think she'd make a great FiM character. She could be a new main character, or just a recurring one, but either way she has a lot of potential that I would hate to see go wasted.

Edited by Sugar Cube

Well as much as I would love to see Twilight and Flash together in season 4, it ain't gonna happen. seasn 4 was made BEFORE equestria girls, so it's to late to add him into the season.

But, i signed anyway. Hope Hasbro listens to us. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why on god's green earth are you petitioning the u.s. government to force hasbro to save a character in a tv show? OP pls stahp, you are wasting the time of literally everyone involved

Edit: disregard that i suck cocks. I had change.org confused with the white house one. But still, stop making useless internet petitions

Edited by SoarinBlue
  • Brohoof 3

Production of season 4 has been underway for quite some time so I wouldn't be surprised if they were already finished with half of it. Flash Sentry does have some potential but adding him to season 4 at this point would require the staff to go back and do over some of the episodes which would dely the release of season 4 by several months. Or they could just shoe horn him in but that would do a serious injustice to him as a character and possibly to Twilight as well. Yes they did say that he wouldn't be in season 4, but it is still possible if he is popular enough he could be in season 5.

i have to agree and disagree with this on the same time. 

sure it was cute and all for twilight to get a love interest, and it would sure open some new doors to develop twilight further as a character. but then again flash sentry was a character from EQG and EQG is something that's supposed to have no affection on the original MLP show.

so yeah, don't know how they will execute this if he's coming back in S4

EDIT: signed anyway smile.png

This is true, and I just realised that one of the great things about mlp was the way that it was it was so innocent and that there was nothing really to do with relationships in the show.

Althought I think hes cool and would like to see him in the future, I hope that  he doesn't have anything to do with twilight in a serious way or that its just the odd reference.

As regards to more EQG stuff, I would love to see loads more!

I was all for it until I read some of these posts. I thought Flash Sentry was a pretty cool character but if the people working on season 4 are already completed with some if not all the episodes then I really don't see any reason to bother them despite how I sort of want him included.

No thank You. A Male that is only made for love intrest is never a good thing. Unless they have something Special for him Like giving some kind of a really odd personality or something. But from I saw In EGs he is the most bland character in MLP history

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I think the petition would show the writers that we do care about the character.  I honestly don't think it's necessary because that Meghan person is full of crap, but I do admire the passion to keep a character in the story.  I'm all for the petition; and I admire times when people take a stand for what they believe in. 

MLP rules.

that Meghan person is full of crap
okay, now is the time for you to stop this. I'm fine with you being a huge Flash fanboy(or girl) but when you insult Meghan I have to step in. Meghan is a great writer (though EG wasn't good and she's a little Twilight focused) and she has had enough crap to deal with from people lately.

She's a very nice person and very and I mean very dedicated to her job (just look at her tweets) just because you're in love with Flash doesn't mean you can go around and insult her.

I have little respect for people who make and sign a petition that will force the writers to do something that they don't want to do. What happened to trust the writers I guess we feel the need to take Hasbro's place and run the show.

• Brohoof 13

Meghan already said he's not in Season 4, thank goodness.

I would simply prefer him out of the show rather than getting more character development.

He was a completely pointless character, and worse yet, he tried to interrupt my Twilight fantasies. Ahem.

• Brohoof 5

I can understand some people did enjoy Flash Sentry as a character and that they would like to see him implemented into the show to give him more personality and depth.  But to create an online petition to get him into the show?  That seems a bit much and rather unnecessary.

First of all, since Season 4 is probably near completion by now, there is almost no chance that Flash will make an appearance except for a maybe as background pony on the same grounds as Derpy is currently.  Secondly, if the writers wish to add him into the show at some point, they will do so at their own discretion and not on the whims of the those within the fandom.  Allow them to focus on what they do best rather than the constant chatter of what 'we' want from the show.  Third, and most importantly, trust the writers!  They have given us three seasons of a great show and I see no reason to interfere with that in anyway.

Sign the petiton all the want, but it's just going to get you nothing because Flash was only for Twilight's love interset in the movie and Season four is already in develop and going to release in two months.

Besides, giving Twilight's a relationship in the show is just going ruin MLP:FIM's theme. TwilightXFlash was only a ship tease and there is NO WAY that relationships will come in the original show. So, this petition is just pointless.

• Brohoof 1

Sure Twilight with a love interest is an interesting idea, but I think some of you are so intrigued by the idea you are overlooking how bland a character Flash Sentry is. If Hasbro puts FS into season 4 as he is in the movie, the effect would be the same as putting a giant wooden door into season 4 as Twilight's love interest. I am not opposed of the idea, but if they are to put him in, he needs serious rework, things like actual personalities, maybe quirks, hobbies, past relations must be there. Else he'd turn out to be another King Sombra.