Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DJShy

If you were discorded...  

72 users have voted

1. 1. Do the good things make up for the bad things when you are discorded?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not even Close!
    • Almost
    • They even each other out
  2. 2. Would becoming discorded be a good thing to you?

• yes
    • no
    • not even close!
    • almost
  3. 3. Would becoming discorded be a good thing on your socal life?

• yes
    • no
    • not even close!

(edited)

Welcome to 'Your Discorded Self'!!!

The idea of this is farly simple.

As most people know, when you are discorded, you become the complete oppisite of who you really are.

So I ask:

Who IS you when you are discorded?

What bad things would happen if you were discorded?

What GOOD things would happen if you were discorded?

Do the good thing make up for the bad things?

Would becoming discorded be a good thing to you?

P.S: If I should add more questions or answers, tell me what I should add.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who I am when I'm discorded is a brute. I would be the worst video game player in the world, I would love to ruin your day, and I would burp in your face all day, every day!

And yet, there would still be some good things to me being discorded.

I would have table manners, be able to swim incredibly fast, be built since I exercise every day, and I would be not afraid to share my opinon off-line!

In the end though, being discorded would be the end of me.

Edited by DJ Shy-3
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

lel

Discorded me would be responsible, polite and friendly. I wouldn't be hostile at all, like I usually am, and I think it's possible I'd actually be pretty well-liked by others. 

Edited by Hitagi
  • Brohoof 2

I´d probably be who I have been for long years...

I´d be a liar, show no emotions, be angry. I´d be hated by many, no friends, no social life.

Many more things (I dont wanna mention)... not a good thing for me, not at all!

(edited)

The discorded version of me would be caring, kind, patient, unselfish, someone you can rely on, responsible, hard working, honest, self confident, funny, interesting, likable, energetic, happy, constantly smiling, not aggressive, popular, motivated, extroverted, intelligent and straight forward (the list goes on...)

However, I would also be stubborn, arrogant and narrow minded

People would like discorded me and I would have a social life if I was more like the discorded me. Not that I want to though :V

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 2

I would be popular (Finally!), responsible, and self-confident.

Unfortunately...

I would be snobby, depressed, and a terrible artist... And... I wouldn't be able to even tread water... Nooooo!

In other words... I do not want to be discorded. I'm fine the way I am, thanks.

• Brohoof 1

The discorded version of me is described as mean, evil, nasty, not caring, no emotions at all, and aggressive. So, the opposite of me would just be a mean self-centered person who would just be an evil antagonist.

I'd get up bright and early, with energy to face the day, i'd make sure to dress smart, look good, because i'd care what everybody else thought about me.

but with that said i would also be a dishonest coward. afraid to speak my mind, i'd be rude, and hate physical contact... i much prefer who i am now :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Let's see... The best, most simple caricature would be the image of a quiet and lifeless grumpy extrovert who would want to see the world burn- someone quiet who would surround themselves with people and require constant companionship, but really hate humanity as a whole.

The negative aspects of a Discorded version of myself would include being prickly, brutish, irritable, fault-finding, invasive of others privacy, and outright dominating. Wouldn't take self or others seriously at all, discourteous and lazy.

The benefits would include dropping my propensity for panic and cowardice in certain situations, thus making me more level-headed in a pinch. I would also be more straight forward, and more open with my emotions and thoughts. Bonus for answering phone calls.

I suppose whether the good outweighs the bad depends on a person's general philosophy and what they consider benevolent in a person. I prefer being who I am, and intentionally striving to improve the person I am to be better is plenty good enough for me.

Being discorded would allow me to access some of the things I'd like to have more of, but in a cheap and unfulfilling way. I'd certainly be more social, but I'd be less sociable. People'd get hurt feelings a lot, and that's not exactly good social etiquette. Much more savvy as I am.
Edited by boospookum
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

If I was discorded, I'd be social, not hated, funny, useful, fun to hang out with, positive about myself, and cool. Those are the benefits of me being discorded.

But, here comes the negatives of it. I would be rude, selfish, loud, uncaring, arrogant, easily angered, and egotistical.

There probably are more, but I think that sums it up. I'd rather stay as my normal boring self instead of the discorded version of me.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

If I were discorded, I would get really drunk and then pass out in a pool of my own vomit.

There are probably a lot of other things about me that would change, but they're hard to notice while I'm passed out in a pool of my own vomit.

If I became discorded, I would be the nicest most polite person ever, and great at video games,

I wouldn't be good at making friends, as I am now, if I were discarded, I would change my name from Jacob, to Jaykob.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, that'd be funny... Maybe.

I'd become non-emotional and very cold, I suppose. With that I'd lose any passions, but would also be very peaceful and non-argumentative. lol. I would, however, be confident and probably much better at being a musician with that, but at the same time I wouldn't care. I would not be loyal to my friends anymore, I'd be the one turning on everybody... But I'd lose my paranoia and never be distrustful of any of them. I'd be a partier and drink. Ew. I suppose I also would lose my sense of being decent and ladylike. Oh no... Lets not go there... Ew. Again. xD

Oh, and instead of being envious of what others have... I'd be very happy with everything about myself and everything I have and become super prideful, I suppose. lol. Except my instruments, since I'm prideful about those now... =(

Lets just hope that since this is a MLP concept my political views, values, and lack of religion would not reversed, otherwise this could turn out quite disastrous. Although hopefully in that case my lack of passion would prevent me from doing anything. o.O

Either way, it looks like I'd be a complete and total jerk...

• Brohoof 1

If I were discorded, I would probably become a psychotic killer, with a body count comparable to Jack the Ripper. I would also be playing around with the police. Having them around my finger the whole time. I would hate everybody and everything, and I would be quite talkative.

(edited)

Here's how I would be Discorded:

Positives:

• Not be lazy, and do stuff like actually working out
  • My life would not feel as grey when in my Discorded perspective
  • I wouldn't be so awkward when talking in real life
  • I'd see the world in a more positive light
  • I wouldn't be doing the same things everyday.

Negatives:

• I would be too emotion filled
  • I'd lack self control and let my emotions take over whenever I feel something
  • I'd lack the bravery to tell people about stuff I could be made fun of for (Like saying I'm a brony)
  • I'd be insecure of how "cool" I am and stuff
  • I wouldn't be so freedom-loving
  • I'd be intolerant of differences
  • I'd be biased in certain issues
Edited by ÷Zero
  • Brohoof 1

I’m probably the only one on here that thinks they would suffer from being discorded. At least from a polarity shift of personality. It isn't an opposite mirror version of yourself. It would alter you negatively and grey the rest. I think that having one's personality being manipulated can't be a good thing. If you profess to have a bad personality already then even that would be lowered so that you may seem to walk as an empty shell and your vision of things would be altered. Personally, I would be antagonistic, hateful, rough, difficult to live with and would constantly use others for my own gains.

• Brohoof 2

On  my on, I'm lazy, cowardly, jealous, opinionated, tactless, egotistical, rude, insulting, distrustful,bitter, vengeful, spiteful and duplicitous. Being discorded would be an improvement. 

I would probably go around trying to ruin everybody's day. Saying mean, untrue things about everypony, starting drama, making fun of ponies and all-around being nasty. I don't think there would be any upside to the Discorded Leaf Cascade except maybe she wouldn't care what ponies thought of her. She'd be free of thoughts like "Am I annoying? Am I helping too much? Am I not helping enough?" etc. But it would be terrible for ponies around her!

~Leafy

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

They'd be fearless and outgoing, comfortable in any social situation and willing to try new things. They'd have a high sense of dignity and no regrets. A very active person.

Discorded me would also be a high-functioning pyschopath.

Would I want to be more like my Discorded self? Heck no, she scares the crap out of me!

Edited by Stellafera

1aORp.png

I'd be a terrible, terrible person. I'd be negative, get angry at every little thing and I'd be very violent. I would bottle up all emotion inside of me and always take my anger out on others.

I'd also never forgive anyone

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll list out some of my actual traits and then traits I'd have if I was discorded.

Normal me:

-Extroverted

-Narcissistic

-Funny

-Confident

-Sarcastic

-Helpful

-Idealistic

-Poor (Financially)

-Responsible

-Unmotivated

-Out of Touch with Reality

-Easily enraged

-Intelligent

-Disorganized

-Fatigued

Discorded me:

-Introverted

-Self-worth issues

-Dry sense of humor

-Self-esteem issues

-Straight forward

-Useless

-Pessimistic

-Rich

-Irresponsible

-Motivated

-Stable head on my shoulders

-Apathetic

-Stupid

-Organized

-Energetic

It seems to look like I would transform into jerk if I was discorded, but then again, I'm already kind of a jerk at times. But I'd just become completely useless if I was Discorded, so it definitely would not be a good thing in any way.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

Who IS you when you are discorded?

Who IS you

"Who Is I? WHO IS I?  I is a person with a very particular eye for grammar."

Anyway, aside from my little rant there, I would be a very social and happy person.  I would not be afraid to laugh and I would not be a grammar nazi.

However, I would also be rude, loud, and overly sophisticated.  I don't know how that all fits together, but it does.  I would also boss people around and make rap music instead of orchestral.  *shivers at the thought*

• Brohoof 2

The discorded me is the opposite of me, so therefore I would be a dead female with a bad haircut.  Really, though, my discorded self would be dumb.  Reeeaaaally dumb.  But at least he would have common sense, the ability to remember what I'm supposed to be doing when I go to do something.  Except he would also be serious.  No jokes.  No laughter.  A tough nut to crack.  And he would be a rebellious son of a biscuit too.  And I would not be the internet-oriented geek kind of person, meaning no Doctor Who, no Portal, no Sherlock, no Supernatural, and worst of all, no My Little Pony.  And when he got into a disagreement with people, he would settle it with brute force.  Punching, kicking, hurting people to settle things, and having the muscles to do it, instead of how I would settle things: sarcastic arguments filled with witty insults.  It would be the kind of person that would make the NORMAL me want to physically hurt.  And I don't even have a bad side to get on!

All right...

Well first let me talk about the bad things about me being discorded. I would become very dishonest, and also very stupid and immature. I would be a terrible person I would think, considering that I am normally a pretty nice guy, or at least I think so lol

However, there would be some good things. I would be much more outgoing and be able to meet a lot more people. I would be able to meet girls and start dating and whatnot. However, I would also turn into a douchebag, so...

Overall, I wouldn't want to change who I am. I may have things about me that I wish I could change, but I'm a good person and I want to stay that way.

(edited)
"Who Is I? WHO IS I?  I is a person with a very particular eye for grammar."

Seconded, seconded, seconded, aaaaannndd... Seconded. Sorry, couldn't resist - it bugged me too.

Anyways, it appears to me that some people are forgetting just what being 'discorded' actually means. It doesn't mean you're an absolute opposite of yourself, it means one of your core traits has been perverted. For example, Fluttershy, when 'discorded', was extremely cruel, an exact opposite of her generally kind and shy behavior. Consider it irony - you are becoming that which you loathe. As a result, I think it'd be more accurate if we all choose a single trait that we believes defines us, and turn that on its head, instead of coming up with an arbitrary list of behaviors and views that would be altered.

As for me... I am extremely critical and admittedly a bit of an asshole in private. However, when around others (especially the target of my criticisms), I take on a very compassionate (or at least aspire to be considered such) and helpful set of behaviors, using whatever criticisms I may have to further benefit someone or something. As a result, I have a very optimistic, merciful view on humanity.

Were I 'discorded', I would consider it much like my private behavior being uninhibited. Instead of striving towards compassion and benevolence, I would instead be critical and sour to those around me without regard for any repercussions or personal opinions. This event would probably result in an extremely different set of opinions - instead of being reasonably critical of humanity and understanding the need for optimism, I'd likely default to an extremely bigoted ideology. Instead of understanding the need of trying to reach a consensus, I would champion my view as correct and believe that all who oppose should be crushed under my heel. Worst of all, I would likely consider others stupid or misguided to the point of inferiority.

In essence, I would become that which I most despise - an iron-fisted, cynical, arrogant totalitarian.

Edited by Durandal
  • Brohoof 2

The discorded version of me would be a very social athletic individual who is very unintelligent and would also be a very nasty individual with no regard to anyone else's feelings and in general would be completely unlikable.

So of course I wouldn't like being discorded.