Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Or Least Likely To Eat Meat Besides Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Shanks

I thought about asking who would be the most/least likely to eat meat but that would be a bit too obvious. We know Fluttershy would never do that because even the thought of it would traumatize her and Rainbow Dash would probably be open to it because as a former friend of Gilda she has probably witnessed her eating meat a few times and may have even tried it herself out of curiosity.

I think the most likely to eat meat aside from Rainbow Dash would be Twilight Sparkle due to her natural curiosity, all she would need is one book on meat to spark that she may have some reservations but if her curiosity is strong enough she may be able to overcome them. Rarity would probably be the least likely to eat meat aside from Fluttershy because she would judge it as undignified and unladylike in addition to being horrified at the idea of eating another living creature.

• Brohoof 1

I could agree with Rarity being least likely to eat meat.  She would probably consider it too barbaric anyway.  My guess for another meat eater though would be AJ.  Now when have y'all ever heard of a country barbecue that ain't got any baby back ribs?

• Brohoof 4

I would say Applejack also for most likely to eat meat. Mostly because of the stereotype of country folk loving meat... and now I'm hungry. 

I could see Pinkie and Twilight trying it out of curiosity.

~Leafy

(edited)

I'd go with Applejack for most likely to eat meat. I did a little google magic and I found THIS picture of Applejack about to feast upon a ham (or maybe balogna) sandwich! TAKE THAT! (phoenix wright dramatic fingerpoint)

ltRnbyT.png?1

I believe this is conclusive evidence of her willing to eat meat. Also the fact that she's a farmer was the other basis I based this opinion on. As for the least likely, that would probably belong to Rarity or Pinkie Pie.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 10

Ponies that would eat meat would probably have to be:

Applejack, because she lives on a dang ol' farm, they gotta fry up a penguin every now and again. So that'd mean everyone else plus applejack on that farm would more or less be a meat eatin', right thinking, regular amurican.

Along with Applejack and company, I'd say Scootaloo as well because Scootaloo wants to be Rainbow Dash.

Of course Pinkie Pie would eat meat because she simply just doesn't care. What better attitude about trying new food than just not giving a shit?

Obviously those Wonderbolts have to eat meat. They can't be flyin' and crap without some protein and whatnot. Who ever heard of kicking the sky's ass just by eating a freakin' salad? That's right, nobody.

Along with that you have all those violent woodland creatures that probably devour the nearest walrus they see, such as those parisprites and squirrels and rabbits n' crap.

Celestia probably eats meat as well being the absolute ruler of the known universe over there. Along with Celestia, I bet Luna, Princess Cadence and all them guards eat meat too. I mean really, who can defend a castle without some meat in their stomach? Here's how it'd go if they were nimby leaf eaters:

Guard: "Stop right there intruder!!"

Intruder: "LOL nope."
Guard: "Imma get you!"

Guard: "*begins to run* *runs outta energy due to no meat and falls over*

Intruder: "HA! *Points n' laughs*"

Who else am I forgetting? Well I guess the entire population of Appaloosa would qualify for meat eaters as well. I bet they enjoy a good steak every now and again.

I don't know about you, but I definitely think Trixie is the kinda pony who grills out every Friday night an uses intense amounts of barbecue sauce.

Everyone always forgets about that Doodle Donkey guy, I mean just look at him, I bet he enjoys the hell outta fried chicken.

And lastly, obviously our pal Rainbow Dash just stuffs her face with meat. She just looks like the type that just doesn't give a shit about the environment or anything besides her own needs n' stuff. and that is why I admire her the most.

I'm sure I forgot some ponies but hey, I do what I can. If there was ever a citizen's revolt in Equestria, we'd find out fast who ate meat and who didn't. Yep, that's because those leaf eatin' Priuses (Ha, Hybrid Toyota joke) would be the ones that were dead.

• Brohoof 6

Everyone's forgotten that one time at the Running of the Leaves. When Pinkie Pie was narrating from the hot air balloon, she went off on a tangent about how she likes hot dogs. That's enough evidence to say that Pinkie Pie eats meat; unless they were tofu/quorn hot dogs. (She sings about being vegetarian during Over A Barrel, so it might be the latter, but you never know.)

The appearance of ham sandwiches has also been noted; I was thinking about the one that Twilight uses to imitate her brother at the beginning of A Canterlot Wedding. Does anyone remember whose plate it was sitting on? In fact, the appearance of ham explains the farming of pigs; though it might not be ham, it just looks like it.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with everything @ just said.

Also, I dunno if Twilight would be so curious as to try meat. At the very least, if she did, she'd be all nervous about it. Twilight is naturally curious, but she's also so neurotic and anal-retentive and by-the-book (literally) about everything, that she'd probably freak the hell out and start yelling about how "THAT'S NOT PART OF OUR BALANCED DIET OMFG YOU GUYS!" Then Pinkie Pie would shove a steak down her throat and she'd LOVE it.

Also this:

delicious_zpsbdfbb087.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd go with Applejack for most likely to eat meat. I did a little google magic and I found THIS picture of Applejack about to feast upon a ham (or maybe balogna) sandwich! TAKE THAT! (phoenix wright dramatic fingerpoint)

img-1611212-1-ltRnbyT.png

I believe this is conclusive evidence of her willing to eat meat. Also the fact that she's a farmer was the other basis I based this opinion on. As for the least likely, that would probably belong to Rarity or Pinkie Pie.

DAMN! Beat me to it! I was just thinking about that earlier today when I remembered back to season 1 and I thought "That's weird, I thought all ponies were vegetarians!" Animation error perhaps? But yeah, Applejack would've been my first thought even before Dash because being a farmer and athlete herself, she'd need the protein. Twilight would be third option due to her curiosity, as others have mentioned.

Edited by Freedan

I agree with everything @ just said.

Also, I dunno if Twilight would be so curious as to try meat. At the very least, if she did, she'd be all nervous about it. Twilight is naturally curious, but she's also so neurotic and anal-retentive and by-the-book (literally) about everything, that she'd probably freak the hell out and start yelling about how "THAT'S NOT PART OF OUR BALANCED DIET OMFG YOU GUYS!" Then Pinkie Pie would shove a steak down her throat and she'd LOVE it.

Also this:

img-1611260-1-delicious_zpsbdfbb087.jpg

I gotta say man, first off, your icon/avatar is great. That thing got me laughing. And secondly, you have a point about Twilight. And that other picture, now that is funny too. I don't remember seeing it in the movie, but I'm sure it's there and I just didn't pay attention.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Applejack lives on a farm that has sheep, cows, pigs, and other meat-tastic animals. I would think she would be the most likely of any pony to eat meat, even over Rainbow Dash. And you know those country folk LOVE their meat. tongue.png

Least likely after Fluttershy would be Rarity. She seems like a weight watcher who would rather stick to veggies, fruit, and oats.

I find it highly amusing that human Fluttershy in EQG had no problem picking up a burger at the cafeteria. Oh how things change in different worlds.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Well Rarity I agree as being least likely after Fluttershy, I mean she takes care of animals, not eats them...

I think I could see AJ eating meat possibly, not very likely but possibly, just because shes around them alot being on a farm. Most chances to and would be familiar i guess.

I don't know if Pinkie would unless she was going crazy, or was just unaware what it was.

Twilight might or might not for the same reason. Either she does research into the harms of it and takes a researched approach of how its not something she should eat, or she might research into the ways it could be done and how not to have it harm her, or just for experiments sake.

Since we now know that Applejack has already ate meat, I would go for Pinkie Pie. Mostly because of party food, perhaps? I've always seen things like ham sandwiches and chicken nuggets on the table at every birthday, Christmas, etc. party I've been to, and considering how much of a party animal Pinkie is, there would possibly be no doubt it also happens in Equestria.

I think Applejack is the most likely to eat meat. She just seems like the kind of pony who would pig put on some BBQ ribs happy.png She also seems like the most likely to go hunting.

It looks like the consensus is that Applejack would be the most likely to eat meat but there is one thing alot of people have forgotten and it is one thing that might, not guaranteed but might get in the way of that. Applejack has the strongest sense of right and wrong out of the mane 6 and how this factors into whether or not she would eat meat is that she might decide that since ponies as herbivores do not need to eat that her eating meat might not be justified morally. But I will admit that aside it still be easy to picture Applejack barebecuing up some ribs, and apparently my topic has just insipired someone to draw a picture of exactly that.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/65386-applejack-is-a-grill-master/#entry1611831

• Brohoof 1

what about King Sombra? He seemed like he was gonna eat spike as he was licking his lips, I wouldn't be suprised if he eats the crystal Slaves who tried to take him down

Eat Meat: Without a second thought, Princess Luna. Everything about her says she would try it...sidebar: I am pretty sure Celestia HAS, i don't know why. Something about that knowing look she gets...

Not eat Meat: Rarity, its just to high in natural fats and protein. I love her but she keeps her self Waffy thin for mental reasons, and while a steak now and again wouldnt make anyone "fat" it allows for muscle growth, which in turn adds pounds.

(edited)

AJ's made a couple of references to meat. "Trussed up like a turkey" and one other I can't remember.

You wouldn't think Fluttershy would eat meat but she fed fish and worms to animals. The worms were alive but somepony must have caught and killed the fish.

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack for sure! I could just see her scarfing down a ham sandwich or something. Also Pinkie Pie (no this is not a cupcake reference), cause she supposedly defies Pony law and gravity so why not add carnivore to the mix?

This guy

830px-Yeah_Pegasus_YEAH!!_S2E22.png

Though I would say AJ is most likely to eat meat.

Least likely would be Fluttershy for obvious reasons (as I can't chose ._.) and Rarity because she would think it's disgusting.

(edited)

The most likely to eat meat would definitely be Twilight Sparkle.

I mean she most have eaten meat in the human world right?

346927__safe_twilight%2Bsparkle_princess

But in all seriousness she probably be the most willing to experiment meat just for knowledge about how it would taste or some other form of research purposes.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

gotta say man, first off, your icon/avatar is great. That thing got me laughing. And secondly, you have a point about Twilight. And that other picture, now that is funny too. I don't remember seeing it in the movie, but I'm sure it's there and I just didn't pay attention.

That picture of twilight eating bacon was from a fan made animation thing. It was like a 'what if twilight ate meat then realized what it was when she got back to equestria"

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly never noticed the lunch meat on that sandwich before! 

Also, Pinkie Pie apparently likes mustard on her hotdogs. Guess we know what "Lil" Piginsons (spelling?) is being fattened up for.  :blink:

I would say that Twilight would try it out of curiosity.

Fluttershy, while not eating meat herself, has been shown catching fish for ferrets, so she at least as experience on it. I don't think it'd be shyness on this account, so much as Fluttershy wouldn't be able to stand the thought of eating another animal. 

Rainbow Dash, I'm unsure about. She's obviously an athlete, which requires a higher protein intake than other activities, so I can see her being talked into trying it for the protein, but she doesn't really strike me as the "carnivorous" type. IDK, maaaayybe. I'm probably being clouded with bias here. 

Rarity would likely be nauseous at the mere thought of it.   

Applejack would probably be likely to eat meat, considering that she's a farmer and has pigs and cows on her farm. I would have to agree with you on Rarity, she would probably find meat "uncouth". :P