Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you admire and why?

SrFrog

6. T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia). Complete badass

to me, it wasn't just that he was a badass...but also that he appreciated other cultures, learned from others, and was a great leader.  

being a complete badass isn't enough to do what he did.

if I could sit down to lunch with a politician, I'd love to talk with Ben Carson.  What a life he's had.  I don't really think he's cut out to be president, but there is a lot more to him than that.

• Brohoof 1

Nikola Tesla: I visionary and pioneer in the field of science. He thought outside the box and remains underappreciated even today. 

Werner Von Braun: Another visionary scientist and pioneer. It was always about the science and stretching the boundaries. 

Walt Disney: An artistic genius who brought happiness to countless millions of people. And he was just getting started when he passed away. 

George Lucas: Another artistic genius who redefined movies and the technology needed to advance the medium into amazing new realms.

Harold Lloyd: A comedic genius who defined movies in their earliest years and elevated comedy to an art form. 

William Shakespeare: Let's face it, no one has, before or since, done what he has done. He created a whole new art form and took it to heights most people could scarcely imagine.

Jesus Christ: The Way, The Truth and The Life.   

Miyamoto Musashi - Japanese swordsman, a samurai, author of the book of five rings. I admire his works, and find them inspirational (as well as his biography - wow).

Alan Turing - His work is basically the foundation for modern computer science. I can't help but sympathise with him views on, well, people. 

Nikola Tesla - His dedication to science and researching is exemplary. Despite his later years, he was actually quite selfless, a quality which seems scarce these days.

Q from star trek,Loki and ironman from marvel 

So as a person who has never had a once of confidence  :huh:  watching the other extreme is fascination  :sunbutt: i swear I'm a trophy wife in the making..

• 2 years later...

I admire Coloratura.

She shows that you should never hide your inner self. Don't let someone take control of you. Be the real you and you will find "The Magic Inside".

On 10/3/2018 at 8:00 PM, BornAgainBrony said:

In my mind, she represents the journey of becoming a Brony. To live in a world that never really fit for you, and then to discover where you really belong. "Magic Inside of You" lit me up like a flame. I felt pride and meaning when I first heard it. It was like an affirmation or manifesto. To a great extent, I relate to what she went through. I think a lot of us do. As do we to the strength she used to shed off her outer skin and show who she really was.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 6

10 hours ago, ILoveRara said:

I admire Coloratura.

She shows that you should never hide your inner self. Don't let someone take control of you. Be the real you and you will find "The Magic Inside".

This is just so beautiful though like I really needed to read something such as this :rarityhat:

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

That would be my cousin. I looked up to her a lot as a little kid, she was like the big sister I never had. I wanted to be just like her.:-D 

• 8 months later...

If we’re talking fictional, I really admire Applejack.

If we’re talking irl, I really admire my mom. She’s been through so much but still manages to be one of the best people I know!

• Brohoof 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:19 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

That would be my cousin. I looked up to her a lot as a little kid, she was like the big sister I never had. I wanted to be just like her.:-D 

^ This is irreverent. :sealed:

I really admire @Misty Breeze. For lots of reasons. :adorkable: