Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why 10 Tags?

DJShy
Go to solution Solved by Princess Periwinkle,

I'm not an official, but what I assume is this:

Why would you ever need more than 10 tags? There's only so many key words that have to do with your topic without getting redundant.

If your topic focuses on enough different things that more than 10 tags would be necessary, I would suggest splitting them off into their own topics in order to keep one subject per topic.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe you should add that you mean tags for topics.

Anyways, I suppose it is because 10 tags is enough, there are rarely anypony who fills in more than 3 anyways, plus, if you have a lot of tags and other threads has the same, it may result in inaccurate search result. What I mean is, tags are for the most importand keywords for your topic and if you add more, there's a big chance those words are not the  most important and relating words for the thread.

• Brohoof 3

I guess most people don't use that many, i mean heck alot of people never use any.

After 10 tags your probably just putting random stuff in anyways. I don't really find an issue with 10 tags, I suppose if there was some big demand about it not being enough it might need to be expanded, but for a while nobody used tags anyways.

So I think 10 tags is enough to summarize your topics generally.