Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private What Lurks in the Woods

Dark Horn

(edited)

OOC Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/65451-what-lurks-in-the-woods/

Snow Shine, finally sure that she was alone with a comatose Twilight Sparkle in the Ponyville hospital, carefully examined the black hoof mark that had been emblazoned on her slowly heaving chest. It was a deep ebony color, as all could see, yet even the healing powers of the doctors who were employed at the hospital were unable to remove it.

Twilight's friends had done plenty of research on the mark, the only clue left behind by Sparkle's assailant, and were probably out doing that right now. Her dragon slave, Spike, Snow scoffed mentally, was likely crying his eyes out elsewhere. The unicorn nuzzled the black mark with her broken horn, and even though it no longer was a conduit for magic, she still felt the immense power of what it took to overwhelm a unicorn so practiced in sorcery as Twilight was.

Yet Snow Shine, still, was clueless as to where the hoof mark came from. She took a deep breath, envisioning herself in control of whatever artifact or creature it came from, and just then, she felt something else... It was the regal mental presence of an alicorn, and its thoughts were as black as the void itself, mad as the dancing stars in the cosmos.

Snow withdrew from the mark, stunned. Well, then. That really narrows it down... how many evil, insane alicorns can there be? The unicorn exited the hospital without another word, and the single-mindedness of one who seeks revenge. Time to do some research...

Edited by Dark Horn

(Earth pony) Emerald Wave was galloping along. She wanted to donate the flowers she had picked to ponies in the hospital. She carried the handle of a basket by her mouth. Inside were pansies, roses, tulips, and many more. "I hope they accept the flowers I picked," said Emerald aloud to herself.

She galloped through the dark night, observing the basket carefully so no flowers fell out. A red pansy fell out. "Oops!" she exclaimed. She gently leaned down, her diamond toned hair fell over her eyes, and carefully placed the basket down. She then stepped over to where the red colored pansy lay in the road. She once again leaned down and grabbed the flower in between her teeth and placed it back in the wooden basket. She then picked the basket back up and walked off, continuing to head to the hospital.

As she stopped at the hospital, she saw a pony carrying Twilight Sparkle. "Oh no!!! Twilight!!!" Emerald ran over to the pony carrying Twilight. She looked down at the light purple pony with a concerned expression, worry glimmered in her diamond colored eyes. She then looked up at the pony carrying her. "What happened?" she asked.

(Earth pony) Emerald Wave was galloping along. She wanted to donate the flowers she had picked to ponies in the hospital. She carried the handle of a basket by her mouth. Inside were pansies, roses, tulips, and many more. "I hope they accept the flowers I picked," said Emerald aloud to herself.

She galloped through the dark night, observing the basket carefully so no flowers fell out. A red pansy fell out. "Oops!" she exclaimed. She gently leaned down, her diamond toned hair fell over her eyes, and carefully placed the basket down. She then stepped over to where the red colored pansy lay in the road. She once again leaned down and grabbed the flower in between her teeth and placed it back in the wooden basket. She then picked the basket back up and walked off, continuing to head to the hospital.

As she stopped at the hospital, she saw a pony carrying Twilight Sparkle. "Oh no!!! Twilight!!!" Emerald ran over to the pony carrying Twilight. She looked down at the light purple pony with a concerned expression, worry glimmered in her diamond colored eyes. She then looked up at the pony carrying her. "What happened?" she asked.

OOC: Would you mind posting a couple more things on the OOC topic here, please: http://mlpforums.com...s-in-the-woods/

Thanks!

The pony, sporting a red cross cutie mark, looks at you strangely, worry mixing in her gaze. "Oh, to her? Heh, Discord's our princess if I know! We found poor Twilight in her library with this weird-looking black hoof mark on her. Not sure what did it, but we're taking her to Canterlot. Celestia desperately wants to see her, but she's tied up in palace business and whatnot, so we're bringing it to her. I really wish I knew what was going on..." A pony, with a magnifying glass on his flank, gallops desperately to the doctor's side, whispering briefly in her ear. The doctor turns to him, annoyed. "Why are you telling me about this? I don't know anything about the Elements of Harmony! Go tell someone else they're missing."

As the detective pony darts off, she turns back to you, saying, "I'm sorry, ma' am. Is there anything I can help you with? The train we're bringing Twilight on is leaving in half an hour, and we still have things to do before then, not to mention other injured patients."

Sunset Sky was trotting calmly down the path to Fluttershy's cottage. Fluttershy had been obviously upset, and had tried to distract herself by studying, but she knew the yellow mare was broken up about Twilight. Sunset was far from happy about it either, but she wwanted to help her friend through this. She cantered up to Fluttershy's cottage and knocked lightly on the door. No answer.  This worried Sunset, so she spoke. 

"Um... Fluttershy? I-it's Sunset... Umm...I just-"

She was interrupted by an abrupt thumping on her fore hoof. she looked down and saw Angel Bunny pounding on her hoof. She smiled weakly at him and liftedher other hoof to pat him on the head. Even if she wasn't his favourite, she had a soft spot for small animals, and she thought Angel was pretty cute, when he was nice. But still, she knew that he was sometimes mean to Fluttershy to help prepare her for rude ponies, for her own good. 

"Hi Angel." Sunset said. Then she noticed the look on his face. He looked worried and a bit upset.

"Where's Fluttershy? what's wrong?"

Angel started making motions with his paws. Sunset was no bunny-whisperer, but she understood well enough.

"Fluttershy's gone?!" The orange mare's blue eyes widened. Angel nodded.

"U-Umm... Stay here until I get back... Maybe she went to the library again and forgot to tell you. Or went to visit Pinkie or somepony. Stay in case she comes back." With that, she galloped off towards Ponyville. 

• Brohoof 1

Emerald Wave stared at the doctor, until she suddenly got an idea. "One second! I'll be right back!" she squealed, excitedly. She took out a coin hidden underneath all the flowers, and scampered over to a pay phone. She stood on her hind legs, dropped the coin in, and dialed a number. She then leaned her head against the phone. "Hello?" came a voice from the phone. "Hey mom, Twilight's in a coma..." "What?!?!" "I know, I can't believe it either, but apparently she and somepony who has been taking care of her are going on a train in about half an hour. I was wondering if I could go..," she said meekly, nervous her mom was going to deny her. Silence. "How did she get in the coma?" stalled her mom. "Some black hoof mark, now mom, stop making excuses, can I go or not?" Emerald desperately hoped that she would say yes. "I don't know..." "Mom, come on, I'm 13!" "...Oh fine! But deliver the flowers first!" Emerald jumped with joy. "THANKS MOM!" She then said a quick bye and hung up. She ran over to Twilight and the other pony and said shed be back in another second. She then galloped happily into the hospital.

She obviously was going to visit her little sister in the hospital first. "504, 504..," she said to herself, eventually finding the right room. She then pushed the door open with her head and stepped inside. "Hey Symphony! How's the broken front legs coming along?" "Hey Emmy! Not completely fixed yet, but they are getting better. She then galloped over to the yellow mare and set a yellow pansy by her side. "Thanks Emmy!" Emerald nodded and smiled. "No problem, Symph!" She then galloped away to give away the other flowers.

When she returned by the side of the pony carrying Twilight, she looked up at her desperately. "Could I come to help you? Pleeeease!!! I will do anything!

(Oh, by the way, Emerald Wave is stubborn and hardheaded, which is both a strength and a flaw.)

@:

Feel free to continue. Nothing adventurous or daring happens on the journey to Ponyville, and Sunset arrives safely.

@:

OOC: I'm zooming through this bit, which has plenty of roleplaying potential, to get to the main adventure happening in the woods, as well as in Ponyville.

"Uh..." the doctor looks conflicted for a moment. "...well, Canterlot is the safest place in Equestria, so, uh, yes, of course, you can come, I suppose, but you look a little young, so I'd say, uh, only if you have, uh, parental consent. You would be nice to have along though. Even though you can't exactly operate on um, Ms. Sparkle, we do still believe that she can hear every word we say. She might need some comfort, especially if, well, Princess Celestia can't fix whatever's wrong with her."

Half an hour later, the train departs for Canterlot, carrying Emerald Wave, the two old doctors, and for some reason of her own, a quiet white unicorn with a broken horn, reading through a thick, old book. Snow only pauses momentarily to glance at Twilight's black hoof mark and compare a description or pictures. One of the doctors makes a futile attempt at conversation, and she has only one explanation.

"I can't find what I need here. Ponyville's library is next to useless." she says scornfully, as the small village, and the Everfree Forest, disappear into a dust cloud behind the train.

The train arrives in Canterlot without much hassle, but everyone seems on edge. There are protestors on a street corner demanding to know where the Elements of Harmony are, and to stop all inbound trains to Canterlot. It's fairly easy to find out that there's a Changeling assassin in town, who was posing as Twilight. It attacked Shining Armor, and Shining, surprised as he was, was stronger than the Changeling, and built for battle. The captain of the guard won, barely, but the assassin escaped. Since then, no one trusts anyone, not even their close friends or spouses.

Despite all this, the doctors carry Twilight on a stretcher to the palace, Emerald Wave and Snow Shine behind them. Celestia greets them with a frown and with an almost imperceptible incline of her head, orders the doctors to carry Sparkle up to a large open chamber. The princess smiles grimly at Snow Shine and Emerald Wave, but makes it clear that they are not welcome in the room upstairs. Celestia follow the doctors, bidding the two ponies to be careful.

A few hours later, it seems as if a commotion has started outside. Prince Blueblood, visiting the palace on imperial business, is being assaulted and cornered by four pegasi in black armor and helmets with murder in their eyes. Clearly, they are desperate enough to attack a prince in the Canterlot courtyard, with Royal Guard members all around. The Guard seems to be organizing, and gathering their weapons, but they never suspected anyone would dare assault attack someone like this.

It's a fifty-fifty chance... they might be ready in time to aid Blueblood, and they might not.

And suddenly...

"Boom. Headshot."

Quick Shot reloaded his crossbow as his first bolt landed right on target, with a solid thunk confirming that the arrow had buried itself in the target's head. He quickly reloaded, taking advantage of the sudden confusion. He narrowed his eyes, and turned around. No one there. Good. Unless that changeling had an invisibility device of some sort.

He had been in Canterlot for about a month now, preparing for some sort of mission that Shining Armor had been refusing to give him until, 'everyone was here' or some sort of junk like that. Luckily, he could see the attack from his private shooting range. Bad spot to attack, especially considering the fact that they were loudly assaulting a noble of some sort. He recognized him from somewhere, but he didn't recognize where.

He watched the confusion the other pegasi had as he lined up his next target. They were totally confused, and the noble didn't have enough sense to run. Maybe he thought that he was shooting for him. Not today, mister.

He pulled the trigger.

((Sorry about the first part. I thought that a cool entrance like that would be cool. If you want me to edit, let me know.))

OOC: Ah, it's fine.

The pegasi who's just been shot, grasps his helmet and the open wound. The crossbow bolt's punctured through his steel protection, and into his head. He stumbles, before giving you a glare, and collapsing, dead. As he doesn't turn back into his true form on death, its clear he's not the Changeling, and simply a minion. One of them, apparently the leader, as he's directing them, and seems to be more heavily armored (and armed. While the others have swords, he seems to have a strange black staff that glows with the aura of magic.), gestures, and two of his pegasi dart towards Quick Shot rapidly, slashing at him with their blades and circling him.

Meanwhile, Snow Shine exits the palace cautiously, but she doesn't look threatening to the leader, and the leader's instinct is right. The pegasus casually bats her aside with a hoof, lunging at a Blueblood, who stands still, paralyzed with fear.

All that's happened thus far, is a crossbow being fired and two swords swung, and Celestia hasn't heard the brawl yet through the thick palace walls.

(edited)

((I wasn't planning on anything adventurous, I just felt like putting pauses in between my RPing so it's not all one big wall of text. lol.))

Sunset arrived in Ponyville and galloped to Sweet Apple Acres. No sign of Applejack, and everypony else was out, so she Lewis to Sugarcube Corner. The Cakes told her they didn't know where Pinkie Pie was, let alone Applejack or Fluttershy.
Sunset sighed and left, then flew up into the air. She saw one of the weather team ponies and glided over.
"U-Umm... Do you know wh-where Rainbow D-Dash is?"
"No, sorry."
The orange mare sighed again and hovered over her next destination. She wasn't very close to Rarity, in fact, they basically avoided each other, but nopony else could be found. She drifted to the ground and looked through the window. The lights were off. Sunset was way past panicking by now, but she forced herself to try to calm down and headed for the library. She could only hope that the five friends had decided to try to learn more about the hoof-print, or something.

Edited by Silent Dawn

(edited)

(Is it okay if I involve a bad guy, too? I won't overuse him, I promise!)

Emerald Wave was trotting beside Snow Shine, when suddenly, her phone starts to ring. "Thank god I took my phone..," she states to herself, before picking it up. "Hello?" She heard sobbing through the phone. "Emmy! You've gotta help me out here!!" Emerald Wave seemed surprised to hear her little sister, who is normally brave, to be sobbing so loudly. "What's wrong, Sym-" Symphony cut her off with a scream. "A-A-AN ALICORN! HE IS COMPLETELY BLACK WITH PINHOLE EYES AND A THIN SMILE!!!" Emerald Wave's diamond eyes widened. "What?!?! Symphony, I can't help you! I'm sorry! Run on your hind legs!" She was now shouting in rage at the sparkly green pony. "THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING!!! IT'S NOT THAT EASY!!!" "Symph, what's it doing?!" Her voice was so loud anypony nearby would hear it. "IT'S DESTROYING THE-- AHH!" The phone hitting the ground came after her scream. "SYMPH!!! WHAT HAPPENED!!!" Emerald Wave was practically hollering through the phone. "I FELL DOWN!" Emerald was in total fury. Her face started to become bright red. "GET UP!!!" she screamed, jumping up and down. "I CAN'T! MY FRONT LEGS ARE BROKEN, REMEMBER?!?!?!?!" "USE YOUR HIND LEGS!!!" "I'M TRYING T-GAH! NO-" Silence. "Symph?!?! SYMPH?!?!" The phone made a repeated beeping noise. Emerald Wave looked at the call. "CALL ENDED?!?!?! GAH!!!!" Emerald screamed and stomped her hooves. "I am SO getting revenge, you freaking ALICORN!" She looked up to see Snow Drop staring at her. "Oh, sorry... I'll explain later..."

Edited by Emeraldwave554

Quick Shot pulls off another shot, this one grazing the flank of one. He lunged to his left- and his hoof came up with a large hoofful of nothing. It was then he remembered he left his kukri inside. Well, darn. He popped in the ice crystal, and raised his crossbow as two blades came down. One of them grazed the side of his face, reopening a scar that he had gotten a few days before. The other one cut into the thick wood of the crossbow. He grimaced and pushed him away, before shooting the ground underneath the one circling him. The bolt turned into energy upon hitting the crystal, and, upon hitting the ground, froze, causing them to slip. He took the time to dive at the door, reach inside, and grab the large, single-bladed weapon, before turning around to see one picking himself up off of the ground, and another charging him. He turned his kukri to block the attack, while the other one tried to circle him again- and promptly slipped on the patch of ice again, falling to the ground.

((Awesome. I'm going to love this RP. Your turn!))

• Brohoof 1

@:

((Glad you're enjoying it! I am too.))

The pegasi in the air streaks down towards Quick Shot, lashing out with a sword in a blow meant to decapitate the pony, but falls short, Quick Shot misses a gory death by only a few inches. The other one, stumbles to its feet, trying to maintain its stability on the ice. It somehow manages to get up, and charge the Earth Pony, clashing its longsword against Quick's kukri, and then skidding to a stop a few feet back.

Meanwhile, on the ground, their leader fends off three advancing members of the Royal Guard with his staff. He suddenly fumbles with it, as if he's forgotten everything he knows about fighting in a split-second. The Royal Guard take advantage of the opportunity, yet as soon as they come within range, the leader, to the astonishment of the Guard, reveals his ploy, instantaneously recovering his skills, as if by magic. He lashes out with a blow that falls one of the three, then stabs another with the other end. The leader kicks the third, sending him sprawling to the ground. Grinning, he looms over Blueblood, pinning him down with the staff. Immediately, Blueblood's skin turns pale as his life begins to drain into the staff. Snow Shine looks up at the leader with steel in her eyes, yet she's uncertain.

• Brohoof 1

Sunset arrived at the library and knocked on the door.

"I-is anypony in there?" She called, forcing her voice to go louder than usual.

Nothing. Sunset shuffled uncomfortably. Where were they? They couldn't have gone to Canterlot to study up, could they? At least, not all of them. And Fluttershy would have let her know, she wasn't the type to leave without notice, even if it were an impromptu decision.. 

Panic worked it's way up again as Sunset flew around, trying to look inside. A low balcony door was unlocked; Spike must have left it open. She gently pushed the door open and entered the tree. She was in the fantasy section. Though it was dark and musty, as it was rarely ever entered except for her, she knew this section like the back of her scarred hooves. She easily wove her way through the shelves, gliding a hoof over the spines of the hardcovers, and  the section and entered the lobby. It was dark, as expected. She fumbled around in the darkness and managed to turn a light on. Of course, nopony was there. Sunset was trembling at this point. What was going on?

Sunset Sky found the stairs in the dim lighting and made her way up. She entered Twilight's bedroom and found Spike curled up in his bed. She walked up to him and gently placed a hoof on his back, both wanting to comfort him-everypony knew he was torn up about what had happened to Twilight-, and needing someone to talk to. 

"U-um... S-Spike?"

((I'll just let you control Spike, so i have someone to interact with..))

((Alright then. Let's go.))

Quick Shot dueled with the Earth Pony, while the Pegasus- who's flank was dripping blood- cirlced around overhead, waiting for an opening. It took a while to set up, but, eventually, swung his kukri and scored a hit, directly on the head- with the blunt side of the kukri. The helmet gave a little, and the helmet vibrated, ringing like a bell. He used this opportunity to do a quick one-eighty turn and buck him across the rooftop, where he was.

Then the Pegasus pony dove in.

Luckily, he was able to bring up his blade jump in time in order to protect it embedding himself in his face. Cursing, he backed up under the strength  and direction of the blow, and then feinted to his right, before lunging to his left. His Kukri struck gold.

Where the left wing once was, was now a stump. The pegasus crashed to the ground, howling in pain. He looked down at him, scowling. He raised his Kukri-

And remembered who he was supposed to be protecting.

He picked up his crossbow, knocking the heavy wooden stock into the head off the two ponies in passing- knocking them off- he put an arrow in the crossbow, put in a lightning crystal, and took aim... and felt a sharp pain along his side. He looked to see a long, but superfical cut on the side of his body. Luckily, it hit a rib, but it was still painful. He scowled and turned back. When he was confident that he was aiming at the back of his head, he pulled the trigger, releasing the bolt as a magical shock.

((Does it hit? Does it work? Remember that metal conducts electricity.))

(edited)

Emerald Wave growled and bit her lip. "Ooh, I hope Symphony is okay." Surprisingly, she saw the black stallion that her little sister Symphony had bugged her about. "Hello..," came a whispered voice. "WHO ARE YOU!!!!!" she hollered at the phone. "Shhh, you will find out soon..," the voice answered. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, SOON?!?! AND WHERE IS SYMPHONY?!?!" Emerald's face continued to turn red. "You will find out soon... Be patient..." She nearly ran away before realizing that he might hint her at how to find her sister. "Okay, fine, what the heck did you do with her?!?!" Her rage began to turn to fear as the voice answered,"We've taken her to a place where she doesn't feel pain... A state of mind that can not be undone, for with no pain there is no stress, and no stress means that you don't mind what you do. If she were to murder you, set the house on fire, she would not fear, nor feel pain, for she does not have a care in the world..." The shiny mare thought for a minute. "Wait... You... YOU TURNED HER INTO YOU?!?" Emerald hollered. "No... She isn't just me, she has turned to us. She is one of us, and now we are one of her..." Emeralds face turned much more red, and she glared at the stallion. "I HATE YOU! GAH!" The stallion then disappeared. She stomped her hooves as she pouted. "No! He didn't! It can't!!!" She ran around in circles, holding her head, her sparkling hair whipping her face, her tail flowing behind her. "No, no, no!!!" She kept screaming in both sadness and fear, when fear wasn't normal for her. "Please, NO! TAKE IT BACK! YOU LIED TO ME!" she yelled at the sky, expecting them to hear her.

((Sorry, I changed the phone thing))

Edited by Emeraldwave554

((A couple of things:

1. Ponies don't have phones, and they couldn't press buttons with hooves anyways. You don't see Twilight sending Celestia texts, do you? However, I don't want you to go through the trouble of rewriting over 1600 characters, so you can just change your phone into a magical communication stone, crystal ball, or something else leaning more on the side of canon.

2. I am alright with you having an evil character, so long as you make him/her a minion of Tharazul, or have Tharazul recruit him/her at some point.))

Quick Shot's crossbow bolt hits the pegasus in the thigh, and he falls to the ground, dead. He does not turn into a Changeling either. The crippled pegasus, with a sudden explosion of endurance, drops his sword, lurches at Quick, tackling him and striking him with his hoof. They come dangerously close to the leader, who is in the middle of beating down and draining life from two screaming Royal Guard members. Snow Shine is unsure of what to do, but gears turn in her mind as she formulates a plan. Blueblood cowers nearby.

A shout is heard from a tower of the castle. Princess Celestia stands there, in full fury. "What is happening here?!" As an afterthought, she gestures to the row of Royal Guard members behind her, all holding crossbows. "Shoot anyone who moves..." After a hesitation, she says: "...even Quick Shot."

Meanwhile, Spike looks at the pony behind him, sitting up and attempting to retain whatever dignity he has left. "Oh, hi, Sunset. If you're looking for Twilight, the doctors took her to Canterlot. Princess Celestia really wanted to see her. Anything I can help you with?" he says, tapping his foot against the bed.

• Brohoof 1

The brawl continues for another five minutes, in which he gave, recieved, and blocked several dozen attacks. Cursing to himself, he finally gets up, sweating profusely. The other pegasus does the same. He lets him get up and smiled, nodding. Unsure, he nodded himself. Then Quick Shot belted the pegasus across the face, and, after a few moments of stunned confusion, he fell to the ground. knocked out.

Swoosh.

He dived to the side, just in time for a crossbow bolt to zoom right past him into the ground. "What the hell?!?" He looked for the source of the shooting. It was the Royal Guard. He was trying to help him, and the Royal Guard were shooting at him! And, worse yet, the Princess herself was standing behind them, her face contorted in rage. He growled. Additional hazards. But a job is a job. He growled and dove out of trouble, but not after popping another lighting shot at the heavily armed pony nearby. Then, grabbing a stunned and bemused Blueblood- after ensuring he wasn't the changeling spy- dashed off with him, as well as one of the guards who was writhing, and dashed off to the castle, taking evasive action as half the guards shot at him, the other half at the pony draining the guard's health. One arrow entered his side, hitting a rib. He growled, trying not to scream in pain, and continued on to Canterlot Castle.

((Oh, Mr. DM! Why are you trying to kill me? :())

"GAH!!!!" was the last sound the stallion made as Vayne tumbled to the side and pierced his skull with an arrow from her mini-crossbow. "Hell yeah..." Vayne thought as she saw the stallion dead upon her feet. She had nothing to do, being sent by Tharazul to obliterate any opposition that was going to go against his will. Vayne, being his best spy and warrior, could do that with perfection. Having been trained until exhaustion since she was just a teen, she was trained into a bloodsheding, ponyslaughtering machine. Her reflexes, above average. Her sight, perfect. Nothing could escape her gaze, even the smallest hornet. Everything, she could detect everything.

Vayne made her way towards what seemed like a fight. She hid behind the trees, her crossbow ready and with her next arrow having a special liquid to penetrate even better. She saw a stallion who looked familiar and who tried to escape from a barrage of arrows. "He....looks familiar," the sneaky mare thought. She then realized they had hit him right in the ribs, so it was time for her to take part into the action. Within a second, she was standing behind the stallion, who ran for his life. Vayne smirked evily and took her huge crossbow from her back. She proceeded to shoot three arrows to the pursuers, the recoil knocking her back. The arrows were big enough to pierce a stallion through his skull and leave the tip of the bolt coming out through the flank.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sky Chaser had made up his mind. His curiosity had gotten the better of him and he decided that nothing, not even the story he had heard of Twilight Sparkle -- the Twilight Sparkle -- the bearer of the Element of Magic, had been attacked and defeated inside her own library could stop him from checking out that next book about ancient Equestrian wars.

Still though, as he neared the library, he couldn't help but feel a little skittish. Ponies seemed to be staying away from the area in general. After all, no pony actually knew what had gotten in there or whether or not it would come back.

"Made off with the Elements didn't he?" Sky Chaser thought to himself. "Not much of a reason to come back I suppose."

By the time he reached the front door, he did not hesitate. To his surprise, however, the door was locked. Sky's spirits fell, this could only mean that Twilight Sparkle was unable to perform her duty as librarian.

"How about her dragon? What was his name... Spark?"

Sky Chaser banged on the door quite loudly. He was not about to miss his chance to finish reading up on the ancient weaponry used centuries ago. Fascinating stuff, really.

((Woo, Sky's here. Just trying to get some interaction going down at Ponyville with all you lot up there defending Blueblood's fat flank.))

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Spike hears the banging at the door. "Oh, well." he says, giving Sunset a glance. "I better get that." The dragon opens the door with a sigh and some grumbling. "What do you want? How important could it be? Can't it wait a few moments? Oh. Hello, Sky. Come right on in. Make yourself at home. Let's go ahead and throw a great, big Twilight's-in-a-coma party, why don't we!" Spike says, with a hint of acid in his voice.

Meanwhile, one of Vayne's arrows pierces one of the pegasi's fetlocks (ankle), and he stumbles, then falls to the ground. Celestia lands in front of Quick, giving Vayne and the pegaus leader a grin with such innuendo and obscenity mixed in, it's hard to believe that she's actually looking at the princess.

"So, slaves of Tharazul," says Celestia casually, yet menacingly. "I hear your master's 'tied up', eh? What are you doing here, besides molesting poor Blueblood? What did he do to you, besides being ignorant and arrogant? Speak quickly, before I get bored and send you all to the firing squad. Yes, the Royal Guard could use some target practice. Shooting at and hitting, a mare tied to a pole might be a challenge for those little lapdogs, but I wouldn't give them anything they couldn't handle."

Edited by Dark Horn
  • Brohoof 1

((What the hell, @Dark Horn, ... do we have a Molestia we have to deal with? Oh, no...))

And, not noticing the Princess, Quick Shot threw the now unconscious Guard and an extremely scared Blueblood into the castle, before performing a one hundred and eighty degree turn and facing the rear of Celestia... and looking at a familiar face. He scowled at the unicorn in the back, as to get a clear shot to the two of them if they tried anything... and then he recognized the face.

A decade ago, she had been taken from him into the Everfree Forest by a pack of monsters. He had thought them dead... and it was this event that tore his father and mother apart. The fact that they seemingly ignored the fact that their daughter- and his younger sister- was out there. And it was a face... a face that he thought he would never see again.

His slightly younger sister...

He looked at her, stunned, for a few seconds, before he gave her a hard look. Yes, same eyes, same voice -  although seemingly tainted with darkness- and same mane and tail...

"Vayne...? It that you...?" He said, keeping his crossbow fixed onto her.

((There you go, @...))

• Brohoof 2

Vayne looked at the Princess who was seemingly angry over what she did, and over what Quick shot did. But little did Vayne care what the stupid princess wanted. She was under the command of Tharazul, and the power of darkness had corromped her. Yet, she was happy to be serving a greater force who could easily overpower Celestia when at full power. "I don't care what you say Celestia. Your guards where out to KILL someone, not to apprehend him. These forests are mine, and if you dare to mess with me, i can easily take care of you." Then, she turned around, only to realize who was behind her. That...stallion. He remained almost the same, but of course taller and bulkier. "Vayne is my name...Q-Quick shot?" she asked. The rather young mare approached the stallion and looked at him through her evil eyes and red-tinted shades. She then got next to her brother and took the huge crossbow off her back and pointed to Celestia, but with her hoof she took the arrow off his ribs. "You need some help, big brother? I haven't forgotten you."

(edited)

@, He winced as the arrow slid clear, but he didn't move. "Hello, Celestia." He said, without fear. "I believe that I am a hired mercenary by the Royal Guard, because I can hit stuff that they can't see without modifications to their weapons." He hefted his crossbow. "And this is my sister, Vayne. She helped me deal with the actual bad guys who were trying to assault Blueblood- both of whom will be in the castle." He sighed. "Two are dead on top of my roof. A third is severely wounded up there as well. A fourth was shot down by Vayne, and that unicorn back there-" indicating the unicorn, trying to limp away, injured- "was shot by her. And he's trying to get away." He sighed. "So, if you don't mind, Princess, we're trying to save your nephew's flank! He might be the bloody bad guy, but we aren't!" He rubbed the small hole in his side, and then he tipped his hat. "Not that I'm trying to be disrespectful or anything, Ms. Princess."

He put a hoof around Vayne before realizing what she said. He looked at her. "Tharazul... who is this? Yet another powerful dark bein' in the center of the Everfree? 'Cause I'll tell you now, I wouldn't suggest messing with 'em too much. Get bloody borin' after a while. They give you work the first few days, but as they gain power, they have you shunted to the side as they do it themself." He shrugged. "But that's my opinion."

((Are we seriously going to get blown to bits by Molestia, @Dark Horn?))

Edited by Thunder Knight
  • Brohoof 1

((Can I just pretend that Spike didn't know Sky's name? The two don't really know each other, after all.))

((Also, I'm controlling Spike for a line because I need a response to keep the story going. I hope you don't mind, it's nothing major. If you do I can change it.))

"I -- um -- I'm so sorry," Sky Chaser stammered. "A coma? I didn't know! I just wanted to check out a book..." He took a step back. The dragon's face looked more than a little cross.

Sky Chaser fumbled for words. "Is she -- Is she alright?" To himself, he thought, "The element of Magic in a coma... Not the best news I've heard today."

"I dunno, do I?" Spike responded. "She'll be in Canterlot by now... Dead, for all I know."

Sky Chaser wasn't sure, but he thought he heard the dragon's voice break just a little bit. For the first time, Sky realized he felt sorry for the poor dragon. Twilight's assistant had never really been on Sky's radar. He was just... some robot who did the Unicorn's bidding. For the first time, this robot had feelings.

Sky Chaser tried to formulate a response. "I... Can I just grab a book and be on my way, then? I know exactly where it is."

"After all," he thought, "Before Twilight Sparkle was around, this library ran itself. A librarian isn't particularly necessary..."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

((No, I doubt it, Thunder Knight. But it's possible.))

"Go ahead." he grumbles. "By all means. Don't let me stop you... whoever it is you are." Spike goes back to his bed, as an afterthought, picking up a thick book and skimming through it.

Princess Celestia almost completely ignores what Quick Shot is saying, though it's clear that she heard him. "What are you doing here, servant of Tharazul?" she says, addressing the pegasus leader.

"We mean you no harm... Chrysalis." says the leader warily. In the time it takes for the name to sink in, Celestia's features ripple and then change to the decrepit, sinisterly beautiful form of Chrysalis, the Queen of Changelings. She casually bends her head towards the leader, and a beam of dark magic lances out from her horn, consuming the pegasus. When the dust clears, there's a small, angry-looking fly fluttering around helplessly. Chrysalis bats it away with a hoof, as she starts to take off, yet with her weak wings, she's only made it a few feet off the ground. The Royal Guard and Blueblood stand there with their jaws agape, not quite sure what to do.

"Looks like someone's learned a new trick." mutters Snow under her breath. "What I would give to know how she did that... I do wonder, though. Where's the real Celestia...?"

Edited by Dark Horn