Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever felt smarter than everypony else?

Oh Akatosh why

Have you ever felt smarter than anypony else?  

56 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever felt smarter than anypony else?

• Yes, My friends are idiot's
    • No, My friends are idiot's but i'm also one
    • Yes, My friends are genius's but i'm a super genius
    • No, My friends are genius's but i'm an idiot

This is exactly what it sounds like, Have you ever felt like everyone around you is an idiot? Like they can't really understand a simple concept? Iv'e felt this before but i try bite my tongue when my friends are saying/doing something stupid/wrong.

• Brohoof 2

Oh god yes, quite a lot for me. My friends like to do stupid things a lot; stuff that I usually sit out on. I'm also literally the only one in my group of friends that actually study and care about my grades in school. If something sounds stupid; I refuse to do it. School-wise, I think lowly of all the "popular" kids, they're the stereotypical type that only care about dating and goofing off instead of schoolwork and such. My friend and I are in 9th grade...and guess what? She didn't even know what a 'plural' was. At that point, I literally face-palmed. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I often do feel that way and I especially felt that way when I was in high school. Not to brag but I am fairly intelligent but it is not that difficult to feel like you are smarter than everyone else when there are so many imbeciles except it wasn't my friends except for some people that pretended to be my friends who are and were the idiots.

• Brohoof 1

I feel that everytime I invent something and other people cannot understand it, which is quite often. But even more often, there are situations that they don't have a clue what I'm talking about despite I'm not talking about anything complicated or unusual. People rarely think on simple & obvious things, because they think it's too obvious and investigated enough already by others.

Some smart guy once has told that we will never create artificial intelligence, because computers will never be as good thinkers as humans. But from what I observe all around me, I can predict that computers will out-perform humans in thinking no later than in 5 years, and not because they (computers) will get better, but because people would get dumber than machines. Computers wouldn't have to do anything special to beat them. Remember my words! ;-J

• Brohoof 2

The main problem i have is when i try and speak of (Relatively) simple thing's, For instance, I'm in 7th grade right now yet i'm the only person in my class who can divide decimal number's. I'm also the only one who has a basic grasp on computer science (As someday i want to major in that) Also, whenever i try and talk about thing's like newton's law's. Everyone goes ape s*** because it has something to do with physics, even though i don't talk about the actual mathematics in it i only talk about what it prove's.

• Brohoof 2

All I really say is that everyone's an idiot, including me. Everyone does stupid stuff at times, more some then others. But as I see it, everyone's stupid :) I like it that way, because if someone says you're stupid, I just reply "thanks, you too." :P

But that's just my way of seeing things...

Well at times, I do feel smarter than most of my friends. I always have information to back up what I'm talking about, but I do give my friends credit where credit is due.

• Brohoof 2

I know a lot of useless rubbish and pointless trivia that makes me seem smarter then what I actually am, But in reality I am very much aware of my mental limitations. 

I don't really feel that way around my friends because we are all very smart. But in some classes I am in.Ugh people do not know anything! Like in Social Studies my teacher would ask some extremely easy question like "On what date was the bombing of Pearl Harbor." and I would be the only one who knew. (December 7th 1941 btw). This is also the case in science. So I'm pretty much the class egghead in both of those classes. :P

• Brohoof 2

My least favorite part is i have one person in my class who says he knows all about science and biology (Which we haven't taken yet) So i asked him what mitosis is and he just looked confused.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I often feel as though I could be Einstein compared to most of my friends. Most of them have I.Q.s I approximate to be 20 points lower than the average caucasian. (They are mostly white, except one Filipino, probably one of the smartest friends I have with at least an average IQ.) I only feel stupid when one of my friends tries to be as smart as me by researching a topic and asking me about it. That's when I feel like I should be in 2nd grade, because some of them don't even know that George Washington was the first president of the US laugh.png

And they have to study for a simple history test. Man, those kids are incompetent. (And somewhat impudent when they try to be smart)

They do somewhat excel over me in the common sense area, however when we debate I can refute some of their standpoints with valid reasoning and they say I have no common sense because I dont agree with them. Texans may seem friendly, but they can be quite the rapacious douche bags.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have always had problems with this. 

I was offered to skip 4th grade, 7th grade, and when I was in 11th grade, I had more than enough credits to graduate high school (I ended up graduating with 12 credits less than I needed to technically graduate twice), but being in foster care in America, I was not allowed to skip grades or graduate early.  I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2nd grade but stopped taking pills in 8th grade due to my learning about what they doing to my body.  I am a naturally bubbly, overtly outgoing person, and attention has never been a problem for me (having a 4.0 says that at the very least).  I was extremely bored in school. I didn't fit in anywhere since I changed schools so often and in high school my friends were the druggies, and even there I didn't fit in. In college, I had no social life because I was dedicated to my school work.  I got two 4 year degrees in 3 years, and to tell you the truth, college was such a blur for me because of the long nights and early days (not to mention my part time job). 

I have always had a hard time fitting in, partly because of how differently I see the world compared to my fellow peers and partly because I am not into any of the things most young adults are into.  I like blacksmithing and other outdoor activities from times long gone. Although I consider myself a tech geek (i maintenance my own computers (linux ftw), am greatly knowledged in the Video Game industry, and can program really random machines without a manual), I do not have TV, internet, any kind of high tech phone (I hate smartphones, my cell is cheap and basic), or an e-book device.  I have computers that are all over 6 years old, an entire room dedicated to my 2000+ real books, and for a fun time, I get behind my forge and crank up the heat....

I don't just feel smarter than everyone around me, I feel very abnormal compared to my peers.  Those two put together really make me wish I was more ignorant, because then it would be easier for me to happy.

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I feel smarter than most of the people I have conversations with, whether it be at work or school, but I am also able to pick out the people who can hold a conversation with me and make sure I get to know them better and become friends with them. The others I normally have to dumb myself down around them so I don't come off like I'm putting them down for not being as smart.

Best Advice: Keep being Smart! But know/learn how to talk to others who may not be as intellectually gifted. You never know who you are going to need a favor from and its not always the smartest person in charge of what you want.

Well, I am a brony, so of course!

At times, I do feel smarter than quite a few people around me, mainly my family. Most of them are incredibly stupid. Quite a bit of society is quite stupid in general though, that is just the facts. So, I guess I do feel smarter than most of society, but I do not see myself as a better person than them because of it, as I have my many flaws as well.

Everyone is stupid but me.

Except for when Im being stupid.

Like right now.

Lets put it this way, Im smart, but Im also smart enough not to flaunt my intelligence. In my opinion, one who flaunts their intelligence is stupid, almost as stupid as one who thinks they are intelligent and tries to prove it to everyone. 

I dont know what Im trying to say. Basically, If you know what Wheaton's law is, you understand what Im saying

Hello!

I must express my complaints, as the given answers aren't very accurate... For example, not all of my friends are idiots (Well, some are... derpy_emoticon1.png ), but there were occasions where I have felt an advantage over their intelect.

Yes, I have. :P

I sometimes feel smarter than my friends but not really. We all have the same honors classes but we sometimes do a lot of stupid stuff. When there is a test though chances are you'll see us studying for it.

I sometimes get this idea that I am, but I always get myself in trouble afterwards. People are always agreeing with them instead of me, and it kind of makes me feel stupid which is also quite upsetting. I feel like I need to tell this to everyone I've ever spoken to.

Well I've felt smarter then some people, but it depends on who I'm comparing myself with.

Generally I don't think I'm that smart when put with half  knowledgeable people. I only feel smart when I'm with really dumb people. I don't consider myself all that smart though :P.

the title of this thread is basically my life in a nutshell mainly probably because of my ego. but yes most of the people are fucking idiots or at least i feel that way.

Smarter, not exactly, though through out my later years of High School, I always thought that I was more mature than most of the other kids in my year level, but looking back now, I realize just how immature I actually was... (Mind you, I wasn't properly diagnosed with my disability until just before i turned 18 and was about to start my final year in high school, which for reasons I didn't finish/complete, so I am officially a High School drop-out :()