Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Emerald Wave's Horror

Emerald Wave

(edited)

Emerald Wave was horrified. She wasn't running home from school, she was walking fast. "Oh my god, what the hell was that thing?" She was in a hurry. "I have to get home soon," she told herself. As she ran along, she could have sworn that there was a shadow following her. Friend or foe, she still had to get home. As she began to jog, her sparkly turquoise hair slapped her face. The wind was beginning to get harder now, and soon, little drops of water began to slam down from the heavens. "Ugh, rain," she complained, and fastened her pace to a sprint, continuing her journey home.

Eventually, she reached the Everfree Forest. "Should I risk the shortcut? Or should I continue walking along the road?" she asked herself aloud. Emerald was in a hurry, so she thought about taking the shortcut. "Celestia, give me mercy for doing this..." The nervous pony clenched her jaw, and stepped into the forest, leaving the road behind her.

Emerald scampered along quickly, dodging giant stones and tall tree trunks that seemed to stretch upwards with no end. She jumped when she heard a twig snap, whirling around to look behind her, only to see that it was a squirrel running to shelter itself. The teenage mare let out a sigh of relief, facing forwards, ready to bolt again, when she saw a shadow. She squealed in fright and ran in the opposite direction, only to bump her head into a tree. "Gah!" she called out in pain and fell to the ground, holding her head in pain. The shadow was still there.

(Okay, the shadow moving towards Emerald Wave could be you, or someone else, but it doesn't have to be evil. Although being evil would be more fitting, you could also be nice. Message me if you want to join, give me some info on your character, and join. Thanks. ~Emeraldwave554)

Edited by Emerald Wave
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Well,well,well look what we have here today in MY shortcut." Night Star said to Emerald as he was walking up to her(In his head).(before meeting in shortcut) As he was just walking home from school, Night Star noticed that Emerald, the green mare, went into the shortcut."What is she up to now for Celestia's sake?" Night Star was just a regular school bully so he never cared about others but he sometimes had a small soft spot for things lately, after all he was still a Pegasus.

When he was starting to follow her in the shortcut, he heard a voice whisper in his ear,"Get her for me or else-" that was when he kicked back,expecting to hit someone but no pony was there."What the heck?" Night Star said to himself, and that was when he felt the rain hit his forehead and trickle down his face"Gotta find her and fast" Night Star said as he started to go on a fast trot down the shortcut.

No bully has a backstory,but Night Star is not just any bully. Back then when he was new in another school everyone picked on him, even a couple of the teachers! Any way, thank Celestia no one needs to know.

He saw Emerald Wave hit her head into a tree and he saw the fear in her face"What happened to you?" Night Star actually asked with a hint of emotion.

Edited by BronyToTheEnd

(edited)

"Ow..," Emerald Wave groaned, looking up. "Oh... Uh, I'm-I'm sorry, I... Ugh..," she sputtered, coughing loudly. "I was taking the shortcut home because I'm being followed. By what, I have no idea, but, erm, sorry, I'm just in a rush. I saw some shadow following me, and when I turned around, I saw it, so I ran and accidentally bumped into this tree..." Her forehead was growing a large bruise.

As she glanced around, she noticed the shadow was gone. 'I'm safe for now... I hope,' she thought to herself. Emerald Wave heaved herself off of the ground. "Was I bugging you? Sorry, I'll take the long route if you want." She rubbed the bruise to the left of her forehead with her hoof. "Anyways, it was a stupid idea, I mean, I'd imagine being in even more danger by walking through here." 'Oh no, I have to get home, like, NOW, otherwise Symphony's gonna get scared.' Images of her little sister sitting in a corner, sobbing as a shadow moved towards her drifted through her mind and her not being able to protect her. As she realized that she should be heading home, she stopped talking. "Oh, I let this get out of hand, whoops! I really have to go, bye!" Emerald Wave turned around and began trotting home.

Edited by Emeraldwave554

(edited)

"Hey!" Night Star shouted at Emerald Wave. "If you want, I can walk you home. It's a pretty dangerous neighborhood if your taking the long route." 'What are you doing?!' Night Star thought to himself.'If you go with her, then the others will see that you have a soft spot,then you'll be an outcast. But then again, see seemed scared and if she's talking about that creep who whispered in his ear then he must know more, but than again, it could just be that she is hallucinating and that he's just plain tired.' "If your scared about your sister and your in a rush then okay, there is no holding you back, but why did you just walk fast out of school though, and what's going on in your head that I don't know of?" Night Star asked her.

"It is quite the long way if your heading the long way home. If you agree that I should accompany you home,then I need to know what is going on here?" Night Star asked. 'What the heck is going on!' He announced in his head. 'Am I going crazy again? I need to get her home so i can go home and take my pills as soon as possible' Night Star said in his head.

Edited by BronyToTheEnd

"If you want, I can walk you home."

The green mare certainly hadn't expected that. Emerald Wave actually gave a faint smile before turning around to look at Night Star. "Walk me... Home?" She was confused, and was so shocked that she didn't understand for a second.

"Oh!" Emerald Wave exclaimed. "Sure, thanks!" Emerald Wave stared up at the sky, her mind rushing with thoughts.

"The reason I rushed out of school? Well, I saw some black pony out the window staring at me during lunch, and it's been in my dreams lately, but in my dreams, it was much farther away than in real life... And..." Emerald stared down at her glimmering hooves, shining from the rain. "I don't know if it was real, or if it was fake. Whatever it is, I can't even concentrate on my classes and it's freaking me out." She stayed silent for a minute.

"This is gonna sound insane, but have you seen anything, well, weird happening? Because I feel like I'm losing my mind." Emerald Wave sighed and continued to walk along by Night Star's side. "It's okay if you don't know, because I can't blame you."

"Well, back then when I was little I did see a black pony and also when I was heading toward gym class, I did see a quick glimpse of a dark pony before it was gone." Night Star exclaimed.'Man, I really need those pills fast!' Night Star said in his head."But at least I know im not the only one seeing things here now." Night Star said in a kind voice."It's kind of awkward in my part though since, you know, we hardly hang out and yet im walking you home, but I don't mind though." Night Star said.

So, how's your sister doing, I forgot her name though so I really don't know." Night Star asked.'What am I doing?! Im supposed to be the bully, I need to tell the truth and of course, im a Pegasus. But then of the others see me with her, then they'll start picking on me though.' Night Star said in his head.

"So, it's a beautiful night right? If its not to you then I don't mind then, but im just asking thats all." Night Star exclaimed." Oh, yeah. If you ever need help just come by to my house although its awkward to hear from a bully, but even im kind hearted so yeah." Night Star pointed out.

"Oh, well that's good, because I thought I was going crazy or something!" Emerald Wave laughed. "It's awkward, you're right, but it's awkward for me because nopony really walks me home. I appreciate it, though." The green mare smiled at night star, happiness showing in her diamond colored eyes.

"Symphony's doing great, but she hasn't been worried. I didn't tell her about the pony in my dreams and in school yet, that will freak her out." Emerald Wave was thinking of her little sister's reaction to if she told her about the pony.

The green sparkling mare gazed up at the sky to notice it had stopped raining. "Wow, it is beautiful!" Emerald smiled at Night Star happily. "I'll be sure to drop by sometime, Night Star." She then looked back up at the heavens.

As the two ponies approached Emerald Wave's house, they saw a yellow mare waiting outside. "Emmy! Where were you?!" The mare looked up at her with concerned eyes. "Oh... I... Got detention," Emerald Wave lied, not wanting to scare her little sister. Symphony then looked at Night Star. "Who are you?" she asked, perking one ear down, lifting it right back up again.

(edited)

"I could tell that your not that good at lieing to others." Night Star whispered in Emerald Waves ear with a small chuckle." You see, im just a..." Night Star had to think of a lie to turn the attention away from him." Im just a friend at school thats all. And im just being a good friend and walking your sister home thats all." Night Star exclaimed. Night Star just then realized that he felt like that they were being followed.' What's going on with today?!' Night Star yelled in his head.

"Now, now then Night Star, no need to be afraid." Night Star heard someone whisper in his ear."SHUT UP!!!" Night Star yelled aloud as he sat on the ground actually going into tears at the moment.' What's going on with me! I need those pills right now!' Night Star yelled in his head as he was about to trot home."Oh,yeah, Emerald Wave, take care of your sister for me. Then I will tell secure knowing that you and your sister are both safe." Night Star whispered into Emeralds ear with emotion that no one has ever seen come from him before. But he never cared anymore that he's a bully."But Emerald. Tommorrow, everything is going to be the same again as usual okay?"

Edited by BronyToTheEnd

"Yeah," she whispered back with a smile. Suddenly, Emerald Wave realized that Night Star had a confused expression. "Are you okay?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Everything will be the same tomorrow, don't worry," she whispered back. 'I hope..,' she added in her mind, but tried to keep a happy expression. "Bye!" she called, waving a hoof. She and Symphony began to trot inside.

"Emmy?" called Symphony Notes. "Yeah, Symph?" Emerald Wave replied, looking at her sister. "Are you... Well, sure you are okay?" she questioned, looking at her sister with a concerned expression. "Why wouldn't I be?" stated Emerald Wave, many reasons floating in her mind, like smoke over a campfire. "You seem really paranoid lately..." The yellow mare stared down at the floor. "I'm fine!" she said.

Emerald Wave lay awake in bed, while Symphony Notes was sleeping. 'Whats up with Night Star? Maybe he heard something? Gosh, this is insane,' she pouted in her mind, attempting to sleep. She felt unsafe, even in her own home, but as strong as the sensation felt, she was eventually able to fall asleep, leaving her thoughts to wander in her dreams.

"What the hell is going on with you Night Star?!" His mother exclaimed."Mom, I can explain just listen." "No! You listen mister! I have had enou-" Night Star still replaying the events of last year when his mother passed away."Why did she have to die, just why." Night Star whispered to himself while sobbing.'At least I was able to take my medicine just in time to.' Night Star thought.'But what's going on though. Is my past coming back to haunt me or something, because that sounded like my moms voice that whispered into my ear when I was with Emerald.' Night Star thought as he was trying to go to sleep.

As he was turning in his bed, events were rolling through his head, horrible nightmarish events."Why me? Why can't it be me that this thing is after then Emerald, I mean, she has a sister while I have nothing left?" Night Star whispered to himself. He decided to go to the bathroom during the night, knowing everypony would be asleep by his time."So, what am I supposed to do now?" Night Star asked himself. Everypony knew what had happened to his mother, that is, except Emerald.

Emerald Wave was having a horrible dream. The dream was different than the rest. The pony was closer than it normally should have been.

A teddy bear was at the other side of a long corridor. The only light was a candle in front of the teddy bear, which illuminated the wooden walls of the corridor, the paneled floor, cold to her hooves, like walking on ice. "Symphony?" she called out in her dream. Emerald slowly approached the teddy bear.

"Emmy!" The teddy bear had turned into her little sister. "Symph!" she cried, nuzzling her sister. Symphony was sobbing, as she was covered with scars. She slowly faded away. "NO!" the green mare screamed.

She then heard clicking on the floor from behind her.

Emerald Wave slowly turned around, and what she saw made her shriek.

A short, black pony with white pinhole eyes and a slim white smile was standing next to the same pony she had seen in her other dreams. The short pony had the same mane as Symphony. In fact, it WAS Symphony. They were blocking her from moving.

Emerald Wave jumped out of bed. "NO!" she shrieked. "Emmy! What's wrong?" asked Symphony. "You're back- oh, I mean, I'm okay." Symphony glared at Emerald. "Don't lie! Something's wrong! I can tell!" The older mare stared down at her hooves. "I've been having bad dreams," she sighed. "About what?" Emerald Wave looked back at her little sister. "I can't tell you, it's a secret, and it would freak you out." Emerald Wave went back to bed, hiding her face under the covers.

Since Night Star lived across the street from Emerlad Waves house, he heard her shriek "NO!".'What the heck?' Night Star said a little groggy after having to pass out in his bed. He then realized that scream came from Emerald Waves house! Tommorrow was school and already it was about to get her! He popped out of bed and put his hat on and started trotting to Emeralds house as fast as he can, but along the way, he noticed a dark shaped pony going toward the forest."Hey! Come back here!" Night Star yelled at the dark shape.

When he was in the forest, he noticed that he was alone. That was when everything started going crazy. He was still trying to find that mysterious pony that was following Emerald and him for some unknown reason."Now,now Night Star sweety, no need to be scared." Night Star remembered that voice from anywhere and so when he turned around, he saw a pony fading in and out that looked almost like his mother."Just give in and everything will be alright, as long as you give in to him." 'No!No!No!' Night Star said in his head. When he tried to run he tripped and all he could do left was yell "Ahhhhhhh!" Night Star yelled before everything went dark.

Emerald Wave heard a faint yell. "Oh crap!" Symphony woke up. "What's wrong?" She came up with a quick lie. "I left my bag in the Everfree Forest!" The green pony galloped away into the woods.

"Night Star?! Where are you?" she hollered. 'This isn't happening!' she panicked in her mind. Emerald Wave noticed hoof prints that stopped at a rock. "What the..." She growled and kicked the rock, which went flying at a tree.

"DANG IT! I WAS TOO LATE!!" sobbed Emerald. "I'M SO SO SORRY!!!" she screamed loudly. She pouted and kicked the rock around. "IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, STUPID ROCK, HE COULD HAVE ESCAPED IT!" The mare screamed and stomped on the rock, which cracked and split in half. "I HOPE ALL ROCKS DIE OUT AND EVERYTHING TURNS SMOOTH! GAH!" She collapsed on the ground, burying her face in her hooves. As she noticed the sun was rising, she scampered back to her house. 'Act normal in class, and nopony will know what happened..,' she said in her head.

"Are you okay?" Symphony asked as she walked downstairs. "Yes," she replied, picking up her bag off of the floor, and walked out the door.

(edited)

"Gah!" Night Star yelled as he felt a trickle of blood roll down his forehead. He was in some sort of dark room or whatever it was supposed to be.' All i remember is Emerald screaming and everything going dark.' Night Star said to himself as he tried to stand up but just simply fell again." It's hopeless, if I can't get up to help a pony out, then what good am I!" Night Star yelled as he stood up and simply punched the wall, knowing that he would later feel pain. That was when all he saw when a light came on was his school supplies and homework laying on the ground.

As he started packing up his stuff, he remembered that he was bleeding and so he simply put a bandage on him and put his mane over it, hoping that no pony asks what happened last night as he started walking again." Follow the soothing sound of my voice honey." " Mom? What is going on here! Where's Emerald! If you so much as hurt her and her sister, then I will kill you! No matter who it is!" Night Star yelled." Is that what you want for your dear mother then?" That was when Night Star looked up and started creing because right in front of him was his dead mother walking towards him." But, but your dead." Night Star exclaimed." So that's how you want to remember your dear mother?" That was when he just ran through the door and saw he was outside." Wait, I remember this street. School can't be to far away now." Night Star said as he started running.

Edited by BronyToTheEnd

Emerald Wave was dashing down the street, her turquoise mane breezing behind her. She had to get to class. Miss Cotton would give her a lecture if she found that she had ditched class because somebody was following her. It would probably be about not talking to strangers or something like that. She wouldn't understand. As Emerald ran down the street, she wondered what had happened to Night Star. 'I wonder if he'll be in class... Maybe he just had a bad dream, too.'

As Emerald passed the Everfree Forest, she thought about taking the shortcut. 'Are you crazy?!' she thought. 'That almost got you killed! But maybe I could find Night Star!' Part of Emerald wanted to take the shortcut, but the other wanted her to forget about it and take the long way. Emerald Wave decided to just take the long way. She walked past the Everfree Forest, thinking about what happened to Night Star.

Lost in her mind, she didn't see Lily Blossom in front of her until she bumped into her. She fell to the ground.

"Sorry!" she exclaimed. "Don't you EVER do that again!" Lily hollered, shoving Emerald ahead. "Well sorrrrry!" Emerald groaned, stomping ahead.

" Man, how am I supposed to explain this bandage, what? Oh look here Miss Cotton, I have been in a right oh whatever like seriously?" Night Star said to himself.' Hopefully Emerald and her sister are save and sound as possible. I don't want her to be to worried about me anyway.' Night Star thought. He kind of chuckled but stopped quickly knowing that he could have been near close death situation and is lucky that he is still alive, but still wondering why Emerald screamed no last night, good thing is he still has his hat on him.

He was just limping along when he saw the shortcut through the Everfree Forest so he just decided why not and take it, just a couple of minutes before school starts anyway so yeah." Why am I taking the same shortcut that Emerald almost gotten harmed at anyway?" Night Star asked himself with a bit of concern in his voice then usual now. Now he was just at the front gate of the school and decided to walk the rest of the way.

While he was walking, he saw a mirror and noticed a concern look in his eyes and everyone that was outside was just staring at him and a random bully just pushed Night Star to the ground and into the mud.

"HEY!" screamed Emerald Wave at the bully. She had just arrived at school to see what had happened. Now many ponies were staring at her. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" She galloped over to the bully and pushed him aside. Emerald then bent over to help Night Star up. "Are you okay?" she asked.

During class, she couldn't concentrate on her work. "Emerald Wave," called Miss Cotton. "If you can't finish your work, I'll have to send you to the principal." Emerald Wave looked at Miss Cotton sadly. "Sorry," she said meekly, and continued to work.

At lunch time, Emerald Wave sat with her best friend, Lemon Jelly. "So what's been going on, lately? Why haven't you been yourself?" She looked at Lemon sadly. "This... This pony... It's not human. It's been following me... And my friend," she pouted. "Who's your friend?" asked Lemon. "I don't wanna say. I might embarrass him." Lemon Jelly looked at Emerald Wave with concern glimmering in her eyes. "You sure you don't wanna talk about it...?" Emerald sighed and looked away. "I'm fine." I continued to eat my lunch.

"Hey, Emerald Gay!"

Emerald Wave turned around to see Lily Blossom devilishly smirking at her. "Oh great. What the hell do YOU want?" Emerald sighed and looked away. "I don't want to talk about it. Especially to YOU," she grunted, folding her arms and facing forwards.

"Hey! Lily, I got a call, the zoo says they want they're fat ugly freak so make they're day already why don't ya!" Night Star yelled seeing that Lily Blossom was bullying Emerald right in front of her friend to." You see, im not that great at fighting with words, but im good at fighting hoof to hoof." He yelled at her seeing that Lily was now concentrated on him then Emerald now.' Great Night Star, great.' "You can call me anything but one thing you don't do is going around and bully others, especially her, besides we all know that you only make comebacks because in like, now you are just small,weak,and most of all, pathetic on the inside and we all know this as a fact, not an opinion." Night Star continued to protect Emerald." Go to a lnother school and be a loser there because now EVERYONE knows that now im, the big bad pony. So go gallop along and hang out with the nerds, no offence to you nerds in general so sorry." Night Star said as he just got into Lily Blossoms face and saw her about to cry." Oh, im so sorry, I thought I had a worse life then you since my mom died last year!" All the anger started building inside Night Star and he started going crazy, which he feared the most and thought that it would never happen again to him.

Emerald Wave and Lemon Jelly watched in surprise as Night Star spit out words at Lily Blossom. Inside, she felt happy that he'd do this for her, but as he started going crazy, she began to wonder if he would be okay. Lily Blossom screamed, sobbing loudly. The anger turned to rage as Lily slammed her hoof against the side of Night Star's head.

"NO!" Emerald Wave hollered, her face turning red. She jumped off of the bench furiously, landing on top, turning it into a big fight. Biting, kicking, hitting, a huge smack down taking place. Other ponies scampered out to watch the violence. Bruises covered both of the ponies, scars appeared everywhere.

Eventually, Symphony shoved everyone aside and moved to the front of the crowd. "STOP!" she yelled, jumping on top of the green mare and the pink mare. She was eventually able to push them apart. Emerald Wave was covered in more blood, scratches, and bruises than Lily Blossom was. She was breathing heavily, barely able to stand. Her turquoise mane was a mess.

"Emmy!" sobbed Symphony, hugging her older sister tight. "Symph... I'll be fine," replied the damaged green mare, hugging her sister.

(edited)

After watching the carnage, Night Star couldn't take it any more so when he saw Emerald hugging her little sister, that was when he went for it. Symphony only broke the fight between Emerald and Lily but there was another fight about to happen and Night Star was grinning through it the whole entire time. While Lily Blossom was about to say something, Night Star got his revenge by pushing Lily to the ground and started slamming her head against the floor, actually grinning." The sweet sight of blood! Ha! If only you can get back up, but once im trough with you, you won't be coming back anytime!" Night Star said with a crazed look in his eyes that was in bloodlust and nopony could do anything to stop it, but when Lily was about to be gone forever, the teachers dragged Night Star away and the school nurse came in to tend to Lily Blossoms wound from being brutally attacked by Night Star and so before the nurse could get started, that was when Night Star had revealed the side to Emerald of why he never tried to get angry and always why he took pills when on that day, he almost killed a pony. And at that moment was when the dark pony came into few.

Edited by BronyToTheEnd

Emerald Wave stared in awe at the fight. When it was over it was raining, and nurses came to take Lily away. The teachers dragged Night Star away. When they were gone, and the only two remaining in the hallway were Emerald Wave and Lemon Jelly, Lemon looked at Emerald with a disgusted look. "THAT'S your friend?" she growled, and began to stomp down the hall. "Lemon, wait! I didn't know-" Emerald paused mid sentence. She sobbed. 'Its hopeless! Why did I trust him!' she scolded herself in her mind. "UGH!" she hollered, bolting out the door. "WHY CAN'T I BE SOMEPONY ELSE!" she bawled, taking the shortcut through the Everfree Forest. Emerald didn't care if anybody was following her.

Emerald Wave got home and looked at herself in the mirror. "This is what I am. A mess. A burden to everybody," she pouted. She had scars, bruises, and cuts everywhere. She bandaged herself up and combed her mane. She began to listen to a song that she always listened to when she was mad or unhappy. It was called Sail by AWOLNATION. Over and over, she listened to it, until she fell asleep.

Night Star was ashamed of himself, he always told himself that would never happen again but it just happened and at the cost, he nearly killed a pony without even trying!" What am I?" Night Star asked himself at the moment." Im not like the others but I can control this anger inside of me I can, I just have to try." Night Star said to himself in shame." You know what? Im just going to knock on Emerald Waves front door and apologize to her for everything that I've done." Night Star said as he open his front door and started trotting toward Emeralds house to apologize to her.

Once he was outside her house, he decided to knock on her door and tell her his apology from what happened at the school and everything else. He would just apologies for everything but he actually heard a faint music coming from Emeralds room and when he listened, he noticed the soothing sound of the music, which was actually really great to hear for once. But he just couldn't take it knowing that Emerald might be angry at him so all he did was knock on her door.

(edited)

Knock.

It interrupted Emerald Wave's sleep. She realized the radio was still on. "This is how an angel dies, I blame it on my own sick pride. Blame it on my ADD, baby," played in her head as the song continued to go on. Emerald sighed and limped downstairs. She rubbed her face with her hoof and felt the bandages that covered almost every inch of her face. Her whole body was sore and her eyes were bloodshot. She opened the door and gaped at what she saw.

"Night Star?"

The bruised mare rubbed her bloodshot eyes to make sure she saw this correctly. She had seen it right, the very pegasus that had gone insane right in front of her was right there, standing on her doorstep. Emerald couldn't believe it.

"What are you doing here? Ow," she groaned, holding a hoof to the side of her head. She had a horrible headache, and her hoof was throbbing. Even if it wasn't working very well, her mind became filled with thoughts. 'Why is he here? Should I forgive him? Is he still crazy?' She tried to ignore the soreness as much as she could, but it wasn't very easy.

Edited by Emeraldwave554

"Look, I know you might never want to see me again and I bet you hate my guts now but all I want to say is, im sorry for today." Night Star said to Emerald.' Nice way to play it smooth Night Star.' "You see, I don't know what happened to me there but you should have known that something bad was about to happened when you heard the anger in my voice. It's just that, after so many years, I have grown a hatred and stayed away from others, but all of that changed when, when I met you Emerald." Night Star said with emotion. "I truly think that all that anger was building inside me over these couple of years and so far, your the only pony that is actually my friend and im trying my best to help you, but with Lily, I just let the best of myself take over, it's just, I kept hearing that voice telling me to kill Lily and if I succeed than my mom will come back and,and." Night Star just fell to his knees creing in front of Emerald Wave and when he stared back up, all he saw was her beautiful diamond colored eyes and he never saw those eyes before when they met on the shortcut.

Emerald Wave watched Night Star explain and the more he explained, the more bad she felt for him. He was beginning to break down right in front of her, and by the time he fell to his knees, she felt really bad. He had been through hell and back and all she had felt was a loss of a friend, a beating, and paranoia. Night Star obviously has had it worse. She looked at him with sincerity.

"I don't hate you! Besides, Lemon left me so I don't have any other friends either. I'm sorry for everything that happened to you..," she sighed, her eyes beginning to tear up as well. She stood there, staring at his eyes that glimmered with sorrow and regret, but she had never felt anything like this before. She began to smile and gave Night Star a friendly nuzzle on his shoulder. Emerald's neck stung badly, but she didn't care.

When she looked back up, she saw Symphony standing in the doorway. "Emmy? What are you doing?" she asked, giving a frightened look when she saw Night Star. "I'll be heading back to bed now!" exclaimed the horrified yellow mare, slamming the door. She could hear her footsteps as she climbed the stairs. Emerald Wave looked back at him.