Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Emerald Wave's Horror

Emerald Wave

Emerald Wave couldn't fall back asleep. Deciding to stay awake, she took out her radio, attached headphones into it, and put in "Anthem" by Superchick. She decided to sing along.

Here's to the ones who don't give up!

This is your anthem, get your hands up!

We are fire inside, we are lipstick and cleats!

We are not going home, we are playing for keeps!

We are girls with skinned knees, we are concrete and grace!

We are not what you think, you can't keep us in our place!

Here's to the girls on their boards with bruises and scars!

Here's to the girls whose fingers bleed from playin guitar!

Here's to anyone who never quit when things got hard!

You'll never let them say you'll never get that far!

We are fire inside, we are an army asleep!

We are a people awaking to follow their dreams!

We don't have time for your games!

We have our own goals to score!

There are trophies to win instead of being one of yours!

You'll never let them say you'll never get that far!

This is your anthem, anthem!

You'll never let them say you'll never get that far!"

She couldn't help it and played the song again, dancing around, doing cartwheels and flips. She danced while continuing to sing the song.

As the pony knew that the day will come shortly, he decided to know what Emerald Wave was doing and decided to go over there. He went there and saw her dancing around in her room.' What a strange pony is she not?' He said to himself. Then he went into Symphony's room and saw her fast asleep, safe and sound, or so she thought.' I hope that you have a nightmarish time while im around. And I will be seeing you pretty soon so don't YOU worry about.' The pony has said to her.

As Night Star lay in the bed, he wondered how Emerald was doing, but for the time being, he had to get that out of his head just for the moment.' What am I supposed to do here, helpless and all?' Night Star said to himself. As he started to fall asleep for the night, all he thought of was if he was going to be better, he didn't care about the cost of his life, as long as they are save and sound at their house.

The dark pony was watching Night Star through the window, but sticking to the darkness so he wouldn't be caught by any pony. As he started walking away, a cop walked up behind him.' Excuse me sir, we are going to have to ask you and-" the pony could not finish his sentence before the dark pony turned around and snapped his neck.

As Emerald Wave did a triple cartwheel, she felt a strange sense of being watched. The thought of looking at her dance made her laugh. "He's probably thinking, 'Oh, what an idiotic pony!' Hah!" As Emerald Wave did a hoofstand, she accidentally hit the back of her head on the wall. "Ow!" she cried, and started laughing. "I'm having way too much fun!"

Symphony Notes was not having a good sleep. She woke up and saw it was early, about 3:00 AM. She got up and went downstairs to make a sandwich. As the took out the peanut butter, the marshmallow fluff, and the white bread, she thought she saw a shadow outside. She was curious what was out there, but she told herself not to go out.

Symphony finished making the sandwich and began to eat. When she looked out the window, she saw a black silhouette running down the street. Trying to be brave, she put down her sandwich and bolted out the door. "Hey!" called the 9 year old mare.

Meanwhile, inside, Emerald had no idea what Symphony was doing. She was inside, talking to herself and laughing about the black pony, while Symphony bolted down the street. Emerald Wave let out a yawn and tried to go back to bed.

As Symphony bolted down the street, the pony came up from behind her.' Well, if it isn't little Symphony.' The pony said as be grabbed her with a strong grip.' To bad that there is not anypony here to save you now.' He said. Before he dissaperead with Symphony, she wreaked so loud, he thought some pony would come, but it was to late as he dissaperead with her.

As Night Star was asleep, he heard a pony scream outside and when he looked out the window, he saw the nurses put a pony on a stretcher, but to Night Star, he honestly looked dead, but he couldn't be sure about that or not. As he decided to go and use the bathroom, he brushed his teeth and everything else.

As the pony started fading in and out holding Symphony, he whispered into her ear.' There's nopony here to save you now! Nor your sister or Night Star!' He said with a grin nopony would stare at.' Now you shall know how me and Night Star feel, alone, abandon, and NOT loved!' The pony said as he saw somepony bolt out their house, but it was to late as he dissaperead with Symphony.

Emerald Wave bolted outside and watched as her sister disappeared with the black pony. Her ADD got the best of her and she collapsed onto the concrete sidewalk, her limbs flailing. "NO! NO NO NO NO NO!" she shrieked, in tears. This carried on for ten minutes, before she stomped inside angrily, hurting her hooves that she had been banging on the hard, cold sidewalk.

She put away the jars of condiments and the bread that Symphony had left out. "If I had fingers I'd flip you off!" she hollered. She banged her head on the kitchen table, burying her face in the table. "She was so close... I could have saved her..," she sobbed. She then looked up, eyes red with rage. "DAMN YOU! NO, DAMN MYSELF!" Emerald Wave smacked herself twice across the face, continuing to sob and growl at the same time. "I'm the worst sister ever... SYMPH I'M SORRY! FORGIVE ME!!!"

The green mare dashed upstairs angrily and glared down at her radio. Suddenly, she gave it an evil smirk as she climbed into the attic. When she returned, she had a hammer. "GAH!" she yelled, smashing the radio, leaving a dent in it. "This is gonna be fun," she stated.

"DIE!" she screeched once more, banging the hammer against it. She realized she had put in Numb, by Linkin Park, the Techno Remix in. Before the radio fell apart, Linkin sang, "What the hell are you waiting for?" The radio then fell apart. Emerald Wave tossed out all the pieces, but then realized what it had said. "What the hell am I waiting for? Symphony to come back herself?" She took out the disc, and whispered, "Thank you," put it down, then ran outside, on an attempt to find her sister.

As the dark pony took Symphony inside of his lair, he said to her.' Don't you worry about a pittle thing, alright?' The pony said as he saw the small pony cry. Then he just hit her on the side of the head.' SHUT UP! Soon, you WILL know what Night Star really went through, then you'll want to die.' The pony said with a grim smile as he tied Symphony to a chair.' Now, don't you go anywhere!' The pony said, laughing at his own joke.

As Night Star stayed up, he listened to a song he truly loved, Encore by Jay-Z.' So for one last time i need you to rawer! Ah, ah, now what the hell am I waiting Forrr!' To him he thought it was an amazing song to hear at this time in the morning, also he knew a couple pony's from his school might be coming to wish him to get better through this time.

The pony then reappeared and followed Emerald, seeing she was trying to find her sister, then he whispered into her ear.' Now, who do YOU think im going to get next, well? Just take a wild guess about it, hint: he is injured and can't do a single thing, I think you should take your friend, Lily, to see him in his final moments of life!' The pony said and disappeared.

(edited)

Omg, encore is in the techno remix of numb, that's where what the hell are you waiting for is!)

Emerald Wave stopped dead in her tracks, but didn't turn around. "Don't do a damn THING to Night Star!" she hollered, she turned around and stomped off to the hospital, her turquoise mane flowing beside her, her diamond hued eyes filled with determination.

As Emerald trotted along, she began to sing a song to make her feel better. It was called Daisy Chains by Ms. Triniti, but she decided to change up the words a little.

"Ring around me black pony, the freaky one and only, you must be really lonely because everyone hates you! Ring around me black pony, your jokes are really corny! You'll lose in a tourney because your lawyer hates you!" She began to laugh and get hyperactive. "Yo, watch this!" she rapped, "Falalalalalalalalalala, falalalalalalalalalalala!" she sang, shaking her butt behind her. (I was bored XD)

When she arrived at the hospital, she went straight to the nurse. It was the same nurse she and her friends had talked to last time. She was purple with a blue mane, striped with red stripes. "Back again?" she asked in her sweet, friendly voice. "Yes," she replied. "You remember what to do, right?" Emerald wave nodded. "Yup," she answered, walking over to the counter and signing into the list. She then went into his room.

Edited by Emeraldwave554

As Night Star read a magazine since he was bored and there was nothing on t.v, he wondered if he should listen to some music and heard a good song, it was stand by me.' When the night,has come,and the land is dark..' Before he could hear the rest of the song he stopped as he saw Emerald come in, without Symphony or Lily.'

The dark pony followed Emerald to the hospital.' Oh well, at least I get two of them at least.' And then he pocked all the doors except the one toward the roof and he turned out the power.' Let the show commence!' The dark pony yelled aloud.

As Night Star wondered why she was there, he asked her,' Um, Where is Lily and Symphony, are they downstairs or something?' Night Star asked, a bit confused. He could sometimes read through other pony's eyes what happened.' What, happened now..' Night Star asked, his heart beat starting to rise. He knew something had had happened and he must know.

'Ohhhh! Looks like its a packed house!' He said as he started to murder pony's on the first floor out of cold blood as he smiled a bit.

(Link to song Counting Bodies Like Sheep http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgOnIDjuTc Just wanted to show you, it's an AWESOME song.)

Emerald Wave looked at Night Star, feeling ashamed of herself. "They got Symphony, and it's my fault... I will never listen to music the same way again... Except, ugh, no don't say it, Emerald Wave, don't say it," she sobbed. Teardrops fell from her blue eyes, landing around her gray hooves. "That stupid song stuck in my head NOW! Ugh." As heard as she tried, she couldn't resist to saying the title. "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm if the War Drums." She smacked herself. "I hate that song...It's creepy... Bloody... It's too relatable... I was sleeping when Symphony got taken. If he kills her, it will be like I was counting bodies like sheep!" She groaned and began to hear screams coming from the first floor. "What the--- no!" she squealed. "He's here!" Emerald Wave hugged Night Star in fear. "He's gonna take you next! I won't let him!" She hugged him tighter, not wanting to let go. "...I love you too much!" she finally admitted. "I can't let him kill you! I won't!" she said, trying to be brave.

"You have to leave me, I know it will be hard but you have to be brave, I can hold him of long enough for you to go to Liliy's house, I can't help you anymore after this point." Night Star said hugging Emerald back." It's your turn, you have to be brave and strong for Symphony, just trust me at this one." Night Star called at her.

'Which room is Night Star in you stupid Nurse!' The dark pony said to the nurse." He is just a kid.." The nurse said, and so the dark pony snapped her neck.' I need to know about it soon.' Well, it is time to kill Symphony if I do not find Night Star here.' He said going to the next floor trying to find them.

"I know that it is going to be hard, but just remember the first time that we met each other on the path, then you won't feel alone anymore when I'm gone." Night Star said to Emerald holding up her chin with his hoof, then kissed her on the cheek." Im just guessing but try looking for dark places with a small light inside, that was what I found when my mother came to talk to me." Night Star said with anger." Now, just leave it up to me and you will be alright, because I will die for you." Night Star said in a emotional voice.

"But--" She was interrupted by banging on the door. Emerald Wave gave him a hug and a kiss before jumping out the window. As she landed, her legs were in pain and she had glass cuts everywhere. The green mare ran off, sobbing loudly. She ran down the street and eventually reached an abandoned warehouse. She quickly opened the door and hid inside.

It was very dark, and she couldn't see well, so she sat in a corner alone. Until she decided it would be safe to go out, which would probably be never.

Sitting in the corner for atleast 10 minutes, she became bored. She thought of a song to sing. She then began to sing the only part of a song that she remembered, "I tried my hardest just to forget everything...

Because of you, of you I don't know how to let anyone else in... Because of you, I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty... Because of you, I am afraid..." Suddenly, Emerald started to cry really hard. Harder than she had ever cried before. "IT'S NOT FAIR! I JUST WANTED A FRIEND! ALL THIS HAPPENS TO ME BECAUSE OF MEETING SOMEPONY!" Emerald Wave bawled. She buried her face in her hooves.

As Night Star saw Emerald run of into the darkness, he noticed the door opened and the dark pony came in.' Now, where is Emerald Wave dear Night Star?' The dark pony said with a hint of anger." She is long gone, so if you want to kill me, then lets find a bigger area, like the roof for example?" Night Star said, crazed for every bloody thing that has happened to him up to this point in his life.' So be it, old friend.' The pony looked at Night Star and followed him to the roof of the hospital.

As they were nearing the top of the hospital, he realized that might have been the last time he would ever see Emerald and everypony else ever again.' Look on the bright side of things Night Star, you get to be with your friend again.' The pony said.' If it wasnt for you killing me back in 3rd grade on the other hand though, we both would have been rich by stealing money from the banks of Equestria.' The dark pony said." We are here now." Night Star said.' Good, lets end this like-' and before the pony could finish his sentence, Night Star rammed the pony with himself off of the building sadly with a farewell to everypony, Night Star finally felt secure.

Emerald was still crammed in the warehouse, tucked away in the corner. She was afraid to come out. That's when she realized there was a tiny window near the ceiling.

Deciding to risk looking out the window, she stepped on an old chair. It moaned and creaked under her weight, and she had to be careful that the chair didn't break. She clutched the windowsill and pushed herself up. She could barely see a black figure falling off of the roof.

Surprised, she ducked back down, hoping nopony saw her. Sitting back down in the corner, she nibbled her hooves nervously. Emerald knew she couldn't hide forever, but what she didn't know is if the black pony was still alive.

She realized there was an old jukebox with a record of Anthem. "No, Emerald, don't, they might hear... Oh, I can't help it!" she squealed and put in the record. "I'm obsessed with music, I know!" she laughed at herself.

She decided to change up the words. "Here's to the ponies staying brave when they're all alone! Not even worried about their grave or when they'll get home! Doesn't matter to them what's going on where they roam. All the ponies will say, 'We're the ones who'll have shone!'" She continued making up words, dancing around. 'Well I can't help it!' thought Emerald. 'Its my favorite song!'

As Night Star and the dark pony fell, the pony knew that he couldn't go anywhere else without taking Night Star with him and the pony knew that he would die from this fall. So what he did was he went into the same area that Symphony was at and both the pony and Night Star fell through hard, and landed on the hard, rocky ground.

Night Star thought that they would both die, but instead, he noticed that he was taken to the same cave that Symphony was in. As he saw the dark pony hit its head on the rock, he went to untie Symphony." Your going to be okay, as long as you are with me, your going to be fine." Night Star whispered into her ear while running with her on his back, and he saw the exit just up ahead.

While the dark pony was starting to come to, he stood up a limitless groggy from the impact, and saw Night Star trying to run out of here with Symphony on his back.' That pony, one day, he is going to get reckless and die, and then I shall dance over his grave with a grin and glee in my face!' The pony yelled to himself trying to stand back up.

Emerald Wave peered through the door. She was shocked to see that there wasn't any blood where the pony landed... Or body, for that matter. "What?" She ran over to the hospital and found many dead bodies everywhere. "I can't leave the hospital like this!" she told herself aloud. She quickly galloped home to get something.

As she trotted through the Everfree Forest shortcut, she eventually reached her house. Emerald wave quickly ran inside.

The green mare was running all over her house, looking for her wallet. When she finally found it, she opened it. There was plenty of money. She took out $400 and ran back to the hospital.

When Emerald arrived, she saw the manager, a brown stallion, sitting on the ground, pulling his knees close to him nervously. "Excuse me?" Emerald politely asked. The manager turned to her. "Hello there, child, I hope you didn't have to witness what happened..," he said, offering a sad smile.

"Oh, I kind of did, my friend is fighting some bad pony, so he told me to escape. I hid in a warehouse, but when the place was empty, I decided to help you out." Suddenly, she extended her hand to reveal $400. The manager looked at her with a thankful look. She gave him a faint smile. "I know it won't be enough to recover all the damage, but I figured you could use something."

"Thank you!" he thanked, giving Emerald a friendly hug.

"You're welcome!" she said, hugging back, then walking home.

" Okay, Symphony, please stop crying and listen to me, this cave leads to the shortcut in the Everfree Forest, dont forget about me, just keep running away back toward your house okay?" Night Star said to Symphony with emotion. As he saw Symphony start to run back home, he was grabbed from behind.

'What the hell is wrong with you!' The pony yelled at Night Star." I just help others in need now, so don't say anything about it." Night Star said trying to fight back.' What's wrong? I see that you are pretty injured badly! But remember what Emerald said to you, you have to take a break from fighting right!' The pony yelled at him, enthusiastic.' He's right, I can't fight back against him, they might need my help in the future.' Night Star thought to himself.

As Night Star remembered Symphony running home, he realized that it wasnt her he was after, it was Night Star he was actually after, besides, he actually thought about it closely. He tried to kill him in the attic, and the hospital, and so one and so forth. But he was still after Symphony as well as me.

As Emerald Wave was walking home through the Everfree, she was struck by something. "OW!" she yelled, falling over. "Emmy?!?! Is that you?!?!" asked a familiar voice.

"SYMPHONY!!!!" cried Emerald Wave, hugging her tightly. "Have you seen Night Star?" Emerald asked. "He saved me and told me not to worry about him!" replied Symphony.

When they arrived home, Emerald Wave sat down and held her head in her hooves. "I want to help him, but I can't, he told me not to!" She sighed and turned on the news. "A very generous pony donated $400 dollars to the hospital!" announced the news woman. It showed a picture of her. Emerald Wave gasped. "Oh my god. I'm on the news!" The manager at his hospital was on TV now. "The green mare was very nice. She said her friend had been troubled, but she was okay."

Symphony looked at Emerald with a shocked look. "Emmy, you're famous!" she called. "No, not famous, Symph, just on the news."

"Unknown killer is wandering around Equestria, killing hundreds of patients in this hospital, the youngest being a pony named Lemon Jelly, a middle school student. Sad," explained the newsman. "LEMON JELLY!" cried Emerald Wave. "Well, RIP. I don't know what to say." Emerald Wave sighed and stared down at her hooves, thinking about Night Star.

'You are about to join all those other pony's that have died from MY hooves!' The dark pony said to Night Star as he took him to the top of the hospital roof, where there was about 3 camera crews and a crowd watching and a dozen police pony. Than, a pony pointed toward the roof and everyone saw them.' Oh, Night Star, if only you knew how to fly, after all, you are a Pegasus. So this will be some practice to you since you always wanted to fly where ever you wanted to go.' The pony said, as he threw Night Star off of the roof.

As the dark pony was looking up, he didnt notice Night Star catch a flag pole on the side of the hospital.' Now! Everypony in this area! Bring a girl named Symphony!' The pony said.' If you do not, than let's just say nopony will be left alive. But if you do bring her.' The pony said.' Than you all will be spared your life's!' The pony lied to every other pony.' Man, this feels GOOD to be evil.' The pony said to himself as he just smiled toward the camera and then disappeared into the night, leaving no trace behind him.

As Emerald and Symphony continued to watch, they noticed the black pony and Night Star. "Oh god, NO!" As Symphony heard him talk about her, she began to cry. Emerald hugged Symphony tightly, and suddenly she heard a large commotion coming from outside. "Stay here," she whispered to Symphony. Emerald rushed outside to calm the angry mob.

"WAIT!" she hollered, catching everypony's attention. "Listen! My friends and I have been dealing with that black pony for a few weeks, but how do you know when he said that he would spare you that he wasn't lying? I know you all want to stay alive, but letting him kill a 9 year old pony, my little sister Symphony, what would that do? I bet he's gonna kill you all anyway, even though he said he wouldn't! Look at the damage he's caused to the Hospital of Ponyville! Killing all of those innocent ponies, and yet you trust him to spare you? I know what he'll do, he'll take my sister then kill you all! He's screwed with me long enough! I can tell that he's lying! Please! Ever since he's started screwing with my friends and I, I've lost friends, been in a fight, too! Can't you tell that he's not being honest? Look, everypony, I know you're all desperate to stay alive, and I know most of you are scared and will risk anything, but we have to find another way to solve this. You are NOT letting him kill my little sister!" she announced.

'But frankly my dear, they ARE going to let me kill your pathetic little sister.' The pony said as he walked up front to see Emerald.' It is SO sad how these pony's will do anything to stay alive.' The pony whispered into Emeralds ear.

Back at the hospital, there was some ponies trying to help Night Star down and they succeeded in doing so.' Excuse! Sir!' The reporter came up to Night Star.' Do you have anything to say about that pony?' The reporter pony asked." We'll, other than that I am going to send him packing his bags and going back to hell? Than no, nothing to say then." Night Star said.' I bet I might know where he is at right now.' Night Star said, heading to Emeralds house.

'Don't you get it!? It's over! I won, Night Star is FINALLY dead now!' The pony yelled in triumph.' Now! Pony's of ponyville! Get that child for me! Or else im going to kill each and every one of you just for the fun of it! Do you know WHY Night Star goes crazy enough to kill people now? Because I control the side of him that he can't handle on his own!' The pony yelled at Emerald Wave.

"No!" she shouted back. "My sister will NOT be taken!" Emerald Wave wish she had a middle finger so she could stick it in his face. She crossed her hooves, glaring a angrily, giving him contact between her diamond eyes and his white pinhole eyes. "Damn you! Ponies, please, don't listen to him! My sister is 9, damnit! You shouldn't kill her!" She looked at the collective of ponies wanting to swarm into her house and take Symphony away. "I've lost my old best friend, and soon my temper, but SHE'S ONLY A KID! You ponies are cruel, sick ponies if you're gonna let him tear a 9 year old innocent pony apart! Please! PLEASE!" She glared at the black pony and shoved him. "Screw you. I hate how you all believe him! Look at him! He doesn't look like he's telling the truth! This freak is gonna kill you all!" she hollered, and all the other ponies began to wonder if she was right.

Symphony was bawling in her house, covering her head with her hooves. She wasn't ready to die. She didnt want to die. She wished somepony would come and save her at that moment.

'How am I supposed to pass this crowd without him noticing me?' Night Star said being cautious trying not to be heard. He saw a small trail leading behind Emeralds house so he dicided just to take it.

'Well, you can't do anything now can you! Just try and swarm the house! It is ALL of YOU and ONE of HER!' The pony pointed out with ease.' If you don't fetch me that pony, than I will make every ponies live miserable before I kill them!' The pony said, starting to get angry at these fools.

As Night Star snuck in from the back, he noticed that Symphony was in a corner, crying by herself." What am I supposed to do? And how am I supposed to sneak her out?" He asked himself as he was getting closer to Symphony, Emerald's little sister." Don't worry Symphony, everything is going to be alright, okay?" Night Star said as he was getting closer to her. He then noticed that Emerald was outside trying to get everypony on her side instead of the pony's side.

'Just give me her already! You are stalling long enough and I want her NOW or else!' The pony said.

"No! No no NO!" she hollered, blocking the door. "You are NOT taking Symphony!!!" Emerald wave felt nervous on the inside, knowing that she was all alone with nopony to help her,

"Night Star?" whispered Symphony, hugging him tightly. "Thank you!" she exclaimed quietly, smiling at him.

"You aren't going to touch her!!!" Emerald said, not noticing Night Star. She stood her ground. She then realized a familiar figure step up and stand beside her. "Lily! What are you doing here?" she asked. "I figured I'd help you," she replied. "You seemed alone, so here I am!" Lily then turned back to the angry crowd. "You are NOT, I repeat, NOT TAKING SYMPHONY!" They stomped their hooves and stood there, blocking the door. Emerald Wave felt more confident now. Finally, up came the Hospital of Ponyville manager. "I won't let you take Symphony, either!" Emerald Wave smirked at her allies and stood in front of the door confidently.

Symphony realized all the trouble that her older sister was going through just to keep her safe. "Is she gonna be okay?" Symphony asked Night Star.

"I will make sure that all of you are safe, okay?" Night Star said to Symphony." Now, if you do not excuse me, I will be taking care of business now." Night Star said to Symphony.

'HAND!HER!OVER!NOW!' The pony said taking a step forward.' I can smell the fear in all of you, especially YOU good sir.' He said looking at the hospital manager.' All you have to do, is just go in there, grab her, bring her out, and give her to me!' The pony said with a smirk.' But Emerald and Lily, are you not sad that Night Star met a terrible fate and died because of ME?!' The pony yelled at the same time, asking.

"Not when I am alive right!" Night Star yelled at him, stepping in front of the three pony's." You know I am more threatening than everyone so I am just going to say this once and you better listen to me. YOU! WILL! NOT! TOUCH! HER!" He yelled at the pony, with a grin." Now, if you don't mind, get the buck out of here!" Night Star told the pony.

'Why do you keep denieing your own death! Well?!' The pony asked Night Star, figuring out that he had not kill Night Star at the hospital.

"Night Star!!!!!" Lily and Emerald gasped. Symphony was peeking out through a window. She was barely showing, she quickly crouched down and hid.

Lily Blossom let out a sigh of relief, and watched as Night Star argued with the pony.

Symphony was hiding in the dark corner. Suddenly, a black spider was slowly dropping from the ceiling. 'I hate spiders!' she shrieked in her mind, crawling to the other corner. She realized the spider was following her. "Go away!" she whispered angrily but quietly. She scampered to the other corner and the spider still followed her. 'If I stomp on it, I'll be too loud!' she thought. The spider was getting closer, and Symphony was getting scared. She slowly pushed her hoof onto it, not stomping it, but silently putting her hoof on the spider, squishing it silently. When she lifted her hoof to look, she nearly shrieked when she saw the dead spider stuck to her hoof but covered her mouth just in time. She scraped it off on the floor silently. 'Stay silent!' she scolded herself in her mind, crawling back to the corner.