Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you love talking about yourself?

ReGen

Not really. Unless I'm absolutely sure the person I'm talking to won't use it as a weapon against me.

Besides barely anyone really cares to know me.

I am egocentrical to  the point of having a mirror on the top part of my bed so that I can look at myself after I wake up...

Oh, talking about myself? I try to keep boasting as low as possible... I don't want people o think that I am like The Great and Powerful Trixie... Hmph.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Yes, a lot more than I thought I did, actually. I don't being overly boastful (unless it's in jest) mostly because I see myself as utterly average in most ways. But I'd be lying if I said I don't like to tell stories of my past. I don't know why, but I just like telling people the things I've experienced in the past. At one point there was a time where my cousins started to imitate my voice, saying "you know, there was this one time where I...", and then they'd burst into laughter.  :lol:

Edited by MuteMutt

Most people like to talk about themselves, whether they'll admit it or not.

Anyways I post in these types of topics sometimes but I usually don't have anything all that interesting to say.

I love talking about myself. Most of the time I wouldn't go off about myself randomly, but if someone were to ask, I'd enjoy answering their questions.

• 3 months later...

I'd say not really, I don't like to talk about myself much, as I kind of feel like I'll just annoy people if I do. It's probably not true, but it's just something I've thought for years. I guess if I have something really amazing or cool happen I'll tell people about it, but that's about it. Not like I'm much of an interesting person anyways, ya know. :P

I do love to talk about my interests though, I have a lot of them and they can be pretty interesting to the right people who share them with me.

• 3 years later...

No, I despise it really. My life is so bland/average that there is nothing to base a conversation on.

That, and even if there was I'd feel like I was bragging.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It always seems everyone talks about themselves, but that's because they can't be anyone else. It's human nature to talk about what one knows and what one is interested in. It's not a matter of pride or selfishness but of being the custodian of the space, time and experiences we have been allotted to. 

That being said, and having therefore qualified my response sufficiently, heck yes, I love talking about myself my interests! What can I say? I'm into what I'm into, so so duck and cover if you hope to avoid the gusts of wind bellowing from my lungs as I gab incessantly of all the things I love. :D

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

dunno what I would talk about myself as I'm a pretty boring person. also I would probably talk about how my life wasn't fair and how I miss my father.

Edited by zerox

Retro you old koo-k, reviving thread as old as yu :toldya: .

All the time! I hate when people question it like its some sort of Cardinal sin >:| , .... Ok maybe I don't hate it that much :please: .

I love talking about myself, mostly on these forums, because I get to share thoughts and feelings that I wouldn't be able to share with anyone else. It also helps that this forums is so accepting too.

1 minute ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Sometimes I do, sometimes not, it all just depends really lol

Same here. It depends on the situation and the theme and how personal it is. 

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the context, I love ATQAY...I find personal questions in forums to be therapeutic and somewhat enlightening...in the context of a regular social conversation though....I wouldn't want to...I either under shoot....and sound like a depressive lunatic or overshoot and sound like I'm a self-obsessed megalomaniac. In any case....I find social interactions of any sort a little taxing... 

I wouldn't say I love talking about myself but it's really the only thing I feel like I can talk about.  I don't really pay attention to current events so I wouldn't really know what else to talk about.  I guess that's why I don't really talk to people often because I wouldn't be sure what to talk about.

I don't really like to talk about myself so much as I like talking about the things I know about, because they tend to be more interesting than anything that happens in my life. Quantum physics and Einstein's theory of relativity are particular favourites of mine. ^_^

Only if I am trying to relate an experience to someone, because I tend to like showing empathy and making a personal connection. In that context one could say I like talking about myself, because the goal isn't about me ... it's the other person. 

I do, however, have a tendency to over talk about my family at times. That has always been the case and probably won't change.