Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You Know Photoshop?

Zero000

I high extend, I actually took real life classes. So I am technically a "professional" photoshopper. Although I am very rusty considering my low practice in it.

Also these classes never helped me make a signatures or avatars. :(

I never learned from classes either. Only way to get better for me is to watch as many youtube tutorials, step-step instructions, and a lot of messing around as you see fit to get better. :) Classes don't seem to make it as fun you could yourself, unless you have an awesome teacher

I'm more proficient in GIMP than photoshop, but I do know how to do basic photo editing with curves and levels. I took photography a couple years ago and I had to learn some basic editing skills, but nothing really crazy.

I did teach myself how to swap people's heads around and to place people in different settings though. I had a lot of fun with my extra time in class putting Canadian MPs in awkward situations. One of my personal favourite edits was head swapping Justin Trudeau and Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride.

(Edit) this was before he was Prime Minister. He doesn't have that haircut anymore, but darn they looked alike a few years ago.

Edited by Celtore

I know enough to know that in fact yes, I do suck at Photoshop. Thank you Dane Cook for pointing that out to me. But in all seriousness, I could probably doctor up a photo if I had to but I'm not good with it at all. Case in point, I was going to use this as a signature, but ultimately decided it was rubbish and haven't used it.

Edited by A Blithering Div

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pretty good understanding of photoshop, although my attention span doesnt really allow me to do big projects or anything.

I mainly do stuff like forum signatures. Nothing too special, but heres some of my favourites i've done:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SpyHunterBG

i've used it briefly in photography class in school. i know how to add and work with layers, and how to improve and finetune certain features of the images such as brightness, contrast, and colour. i'd suspect this is very basic knowledge though as i don't know how to use the more finicky stuff with it, yet. i might learn how to utilize it a bit better as the class goes on and work in my spare time, as it is certainly a fun program to work around with.

• 5 years later...

Simple and fast, I know PS, have used the CS5 and 5.1 versions during high school.

4 minutes ago, OG CHUCK said:

photoshop is child play for me I challenge u all to learn all of the adobe programs

I know photoshop, premiere, soundbooth and the flash player, anything else I need to learn?

I use it mainly for drawing stuffs...and Also possibly all my avies and sigs were shoddily edited by it to some degree....

I like it...but...I also hate how expensive the one-time payment is...

I tried photoshop out for a while but stuck with Clip Studio instead.  I used it when I was in high school but I really don't want to have to pay so much for a program even though photoshop is pretty fun to use....

A lot of my software is expensive, but I found no reason to stray from free software in regards to photo editing. I've used photoshop before in the past when I was a child, but now I use Paint.net simply because it works, its not overwhelming, and its free.

Phptoshop? I use it all the time, I make all my vectors with it, and the signature you see below, I used it. I have been using it for a while now and have learned more and more from it. I know the "vectors" I make aren't true vectors but even so they come out crisp and clean every time, I always make them to a huge resolution on purpose. I have learned how to animate with it, at least taking video framed and turning it into a GIF, and making signatures, cropping making text, and making cool graphics with it. I have been using it over 5 years now, and my vector capability has gone very up and I still do them, though I don't do them as often as I used to. So yeah. I use CS6, and it's a good program, it's not too hard to use, and after years of getting used to it it's a breeze.

I cannot do a single thing on Photoshop, not even the simplest stuff. It doesn't work for me, isn't intuitive and it's overly complicated. Granted, I suck when it comes to technology, but I never had any many problems with PhotoDeluxe..

• 1 month later...

i only ever used actual Photoshop at college on my photography course. At home I have a copy program; Corel Paintshop pro . Same thing but doesnt have as much filters or tools as main PS does. but it works fine for what i do and ive been using it since 2005, only ever had to upgrade it once to the newest version after getting a new PC.

I still wouldnt call myself a digital art master as i dont really use anything but brush tools. Im a very basic user of it. I only use it these days for colouring pieces and adding effects or creating banners. All the sketch and linework happens over on SAI. as it has the better pen tool.

stormblaze_by_stormblaze_pegasus-da0fuwv.thumb.png.1d8c5f02a38bd41f12be0a4af34ae653.png