Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You Know Photoshop?

Zero000

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love using Photoshop, I've been teaching myself since I was 13. Although... I did teach myself using a free version from the Adobe website from 2005. But hey, now I use CC 2015, god bless torrenting. 

Photoshop CS5 is what I use for all of my graphical stuff like signatures and whatnot. Not sure what that says about how much I 'know' of it all, I guess that is up to others to make that call. My signatures are pretty much the definitive display of my skills in Photoshop, or lack thereof if one prefers.

(edited)

I taught myself how to use the photoshop when I was 12, but it was more so basic skills. I've learnt far more about it in college and because of that, I'd say I'm fairly proficient with it now.

Edited by Cash_In

I consider myself decent at PhotoShop for some things like signature banners/banners. Back in 2005/2006, I got PhotoShop Elements and got interested in making signature banners. Not too many I made back then were all of that great, but I did open up a signature 'shop' (for free, of course!) on a forum back in those days and I got quite a few requests. It felt good, because I've never really been good at anything, TBH.

My signatures back then were soooo bad, though. lol. Very dull-looking with dull color usage for brushes, strange use of vectors, etc. Some of them turned out better than others. I got better... I think. But I haven't really made one in years. The last one I really made was in 2016, and that was the first one in several years back then. I tend to use more minimalist signatures nowadays. Sometimes even just images that I've hardly done anything with at all. That seems to be the style nowadays.

Kind of? Most I do is just image editing and then again, I use GIMP more than I use Photoshop.

22 minutes ago, The Historian said:

I use CS6 when I need to do some graphical work that's more modern. When I work on other things, I still use good ol' PSP7.

One of the nice things about PSP was, if you copied a couple of DLLs across, you could use photoshop plugins with it too :)

• 2 years later...

I had a class about Photoshop in school (a long time ago). After I left school I started to use Gimp and other programs. For a couple of month I'm using Affinity Photo. Never have used the CC versions.

I know how to use the default tools, filters and effects which are also present in gimp and others. So I guess I could also work with a modern version of Photoshop to some extend, but definitely not to its full capacity.

These days I'd say I'm familiar with it. I took a college-level class about how to use it in 2017 (when I was still unsure of what to do with my life) and from there I'd say I'm generally knowledgable on how to use it. Although at the moment I just use GIMP because I don't have the money to (nor do I really want to) pay $21-$30 a month to use it.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...