Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

College course :|

Swift

16 users have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Game development
    • Tv and film.

There are two college courses that i want to take but can only take one :| can you lot give me your opinions?

Video game development: I have played video games for a long time now and have quite a lot of experience in 3d work and have a general interest in making them, if i choose to do this course i will most likely live a fairly easy laid back life with nothing really special. When we visited the course mum really liked it so i kind of chose it to please her its not to late to change but i dont want to disapoint her.

http://www.wiltshire.ac.uk/courses/ftcourses12/detail.aspx?ref=FEDIPGAME3

TV and Film: Ever since i was 5 years old i have wanted to direct films and TV shows i have a passion and not being big headed but am very good at it not just the practical side but also the pre production side i truly love Media and have a dying lust for it.

http://www.wiltshire.ac.uk/courses/ftcourses12/detail.aspx?ref=FEDIPTVF3

There are two college courses that i want to take but can only take one :| can you lot give me your opinions?

Video game development: I have played video games for a long time now and have quite a lot of experience in 3d work and have a general interest in making them, if i choose to do this course i will most likely live a fairly easy laid back life with nothing really special. When we visited the course mum really liked it so i kind of chose it to please her its not to late to change but i dont want to disapoint her.

http://www.wiltshire...?ref=FEDIPGAME3

TV and Film: Ever since i was 5 years old i have wanted to direct films and TV shows i have a passion and not being big headed but am very good at it not just the practical side but also the pre production side i truly love Media and have a dying lust for it.

http://www.wiltshire...x?ref=FEDIPTVF3

" i will most likely live a fairly easy laid back life with nothing really special. "

Do you know how Game Dev is like? Because it's quite the contrary to a laid back life.

Now if you still feel like wanting to do Game Development know that it's quite a lot of hard work like anything actually.

" i will most likely live a fairly easy laid back life with nothing really special. "

Do you know how Game Dev is like? Because it's quite the contrary to a laid back life.

Now if you still feel like wanting to do Game Development know that it's quite a lot of hard work like anything actually.

Game dev is a lot of sitting in an office for hours on end media is more practical for example being on set.

Game dev is a lot of sitting in an office for hours on end media is more practical for example being on set.

So sitting in an office is being laid back for you? That is quite a weird vision of how it works.

http://www.wiltshire...x?ref=FEDIPTVF3

You have already answered your self why you should take the TV and Fild course.

Seriously, if it's your passion, why do something else ?

So sitting in an office is being laid back for you? That is quite a weird vision of how it works.

Sorry to say, but 3D animation is a lot of work in an office...

Sorry to say, but 3D animation is a lot of work in an office...

I think you did not understand my point. I don't care if you work in the office or not, but there is no such thing as 'being laid back' when you first start working.

This is very true, it's a competitive field, with very strict deadlines.

It sounds like you're more into the film and media, so that'd be the obvious choice.

I recommend you take some time to think about it.

This

Don't go in games development if you don't like math :P

It depends on what exactly you plan on doing in games development. Some aspects don't require any maths.

Such as a manager, story writer or concept artist.

I'm not certain, but as a 3D modeller you may need some knowledge of matrices.

Edited by Trixie the Great

Just go for what you want to do, because only then you can be happy. If you want to study tv/movie, then go for it, if game dev, then go for that. From your post it seems you like TV/movie more, so go for that!

i would say if you like math, programming and so on then go for game development

if you want to use your creativity to its full extent then go film and tv

and as wanderlust says, game development have a big future

i would say if you like math, programming and so on then go for game development

There are also both creative and administrative sides to game development.

Tv and Film is too competitive and unless you have connections it's hard to start a career in. ~

Both are competitive, but I envision it being easier to get started in game development.
  • Brohoof 1