Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Jumped Through The Portal. (Theory.)

Twi Rubix

(edited)

This was something I thought of after I saw the movie. (Okay, well, I saw a comment on a website about it, but I'd think of it eventually!) Both Pinkies knew exactly what happened to Twilight from both sides, so I honestly thought Pinkie sneaked into the Portal while no one was looking.

We all know that Pinkie is able to predict the future from her Pinkie sense, but only the immediate future, when something is about to happen. It could also be her fourth wall habits, but I don't think that really counts.

Pinkie's explanation for knowing everything is that it's "just a hunch." Now granted, it could just be her radical and strange behavior, but we know how Pinkie loves new things, and curiosity more or less gets the best of her, plus I'm thinking she had alot of concern for Twilight anyway.

What do you guys think about this?

Edited by Twi Rubix
  • Brohoof 6

I've also thought this while watching the movie... I mean.. "Just a hunch"? Though, it hurts my brain thinking about it because I put way too much thought into it.. But Pinkie being Pinkie, I can easily see her jumping through.

The only problem with that theory is if Pinkie jumped through the portal, then why didn't Twilight and Spike see her? Also, the Pinkie that was in the alternate universe obviously wasn't the same Pinkie from Equestria.

FFS guys this is Pinkie Pie.

Haven't anyone ever told you NEVER question Pinkie Pie?

But seriously, I didn't really think of it as anything. I just thought it was the writers making another gag with Pinkie.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The only problem with that theory is if Pinkie jumped through the portal, then why didn't Twilight and Spike see her? Also, the Pinkie that was in the alternate universe obviously wasn't the same Pinkie from Equestria.

I thought that Pinkie pretending to have met her and knowing the human Mane 6 was just her playing around, like she always does.

I will admit, what kills this theory is that human Pinkie was unable to jump through the portal when Twilight walked through it, and that she didn't exit the same time Twi did. Unless she found another portal that nopony but her know about. I mean, she found the pond where she can multiply herself, I wouldn't be surprised if she found a portal to another dimension. Not to mention Pinkie does unrealistic things in Equestria anyway.

Edited by Twi Rubix

There is only one major problem. By the end of the film when the main 5 (get it? no mane because they are humans lol) return to regular form (no element magic stuff) the human Pinkie tried folowing Twilight and Spike but bumped into the portal and cried ""Oh boomer! I think that the "just a hunch" was only to relieve tension of Twilight's revelation (in a poor way if you ask me) and just to add humor at the end (it was a funny moment)

Eh, I don't think she did, the other ponies would've stopped her, or atleast noticed, so I think they would've said something since she didn't come back with Twilight and as soon as Twilight entered the portal Pinkie was there, I doubt she could've got there like that.

So I'm thinking shes just 4th wall breaking or just being Pinkie Pie, don't try to explain her xD, ok well not to much or your brain might hurt haha.

I found it kinda funny that she knew all that, found it more funny the 2nd time for sure :P.

No it's just that the fourth wall means nothing to Pinkie Pie.  She's like Deadpool: so crazy that she's completely aware that she's in a work of fiction.

It is a theory but, I don't think that she actually jumped through the portal since we didn't see her jump in after Spike jumped in after Twilight went in the portal. When Pinkie said '' Just a hunch'', she was stating that she took a guess or figured that Twilight met Flash Sentry and had a bit of a burning passion for him. We could compare Pinkie's theory to Deadpool.

I've never thought about that until now but I'm not sure how she would've gone through the portal without being caught or stopped. Although Pinkie works in mysterious ways ^_^ maybe we will never know. But my opinion is that this should just remain a theory :D

You could be onto something there, Pinkies lines both in the store (alternate Pinkie?) and on the otherside of the mirror in Equaestria really was too detailed a dialogue to be "just a hunch" IMO. :)

Since this is Pinkie Pie we're talking about, I think the show explained it perfectly...it was just a hunch.

Buuuut if we want to attempt to make sense out of Pinkie...then I think that would be the most logical explanation...

Hey i was wondering..What is with Pinkie Pie? How does she know what's going on? I know she tends to break the fourth wall, but maybe Pony-Pinkie  somehow jumped into the portal when everyone was asleep?

Theories?

And i mean when Pinkie 'guesses' that Twilight is a pony princess from another dimension ect.

Also when at the very end Pinkie 'guesses' about Flash Sentry with the guitar ect..

Thoughts?

Well, It kinda feels like the two dimensions mirror each other in some weird way.

It's almost like an odd evolutionary junction, where something happened causing one group to become ponies and the other group to become more human like!

It's pinkie pie just being pinkie pie!

• Brohoof 2

I put it down to Pinkie Sense. I think it was the movie's subtle way of bringing that in. she mention's that Twilight seems to be "psychic" but truth is Pinkie is the psychic one.

I have heard theories that she somehow jumped through the portal, but I doubt this is what the writers intended.

just my two bits worth.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's just the Pinkie sence: and a more entertaining and original way of having Twilights secret coming out to her friends in human form.

I don't think Pinkie went through the portal though myself

Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie. She knows all.

I'd put it down to Pinkie Sense, the magical ability that allows Pinkie to see things that nopony else sees. I don't think she went through the portal at all.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Because she's Pinkie Pie. Isn't that more than enough as explanation of all randomness happened in the series? This is a cartoon, for fun, and Pinkie is the main 'fun' seasoning of the show.

Edited by Aerial Stream
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah you guys are probably right the Pinkie Sense does make the most sense.

Do you guys think it's also Pinkie just being Pinkie when she says you have a twin and a dog named Spike? or that is really true?

Well I'm off for the night. Goodnight everypony biggrin.png

Yeah you guys are probably right the Pinkie Sense does make the most sense.

Do you guys think it's also Pinkie just being Pinkie when she says you have a twin and a dog named Spike? or that is really true?

Well I'm off for the night. Goodnight everypony img-1631830-1-biggrin.png

Probably true. It would allow for continuation of EqG without constantly using the portal.

It amuses me to think that there are hundreds if not thousands of Pinkies throughout the multiverse, all with a vague link between them allowing isolated flashes of knowledge through. Heck, maybe all the mirror pool duplicates were actually mirror *portals* from other worlds, but the pool is less efficient than the portal making them all confused and stunned. They just didn't get unstunned in time.

Does Pinkie Pie ever need to make sense? I mean, she saved Ponyville once by being random. mlp-pcontent.png

But this obviously means that Pinkie is psychic... 

mlp-pplotting.png

Probably true. It would allow for continuation of EqG without constantly using the portal.

It amuses me to think that there are hundreds if not thousands of Pinkies throughout the multiverse, all with a vague link between them allowing isolated flashes of knowledge through. Heck, maybe all the mirror pool duplicates were actually mirror *portals* from other worlds, but the pool is less efficient than the portal making them all confused and stunned. They just didn't get unstunned in time.

• Brohoof 1

I think it is her Pinkie sense, since she can predict and basically see things before they even happen. So, it is definitely her Pinkie sense other then a hunch.