Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 4th of July: Americas 2,013th Birthday? *pukes*

Dark Moon

(edited)

First off, happy 4th of July my fellow Americans. Our day of Independence from Great Britain...

img-1620838-1-1010821_10151561296044542_

I think I'm going to be sick, my god people...really. This is dumb as dumb gets, I'm just going to say it. 

img-1620838-2-51QQuKC.gif

I would hope that people actually know what the 4th of July is, especially Americans. It is the damn day of our Independence. June 4th, 1776, is the day the Declaration of Independence was finished, we had declared ourselves free of Britain. I swear to God that we already live in a damn distopia, people don't even know basic American history. People think America in 2013 years old.....we are only 237 years old. That was my rant. Thoughts on this? I think this is worthy of being a thread, to inform the people.

Update: This is most likely trolling, but it still reminds me that people like this are still actually out there. You aren't stupid for believing this either, this is just what we have come to expect of people.

eb6.jpg?1307463786

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 60

(edited)

Wow. I did not realize people were that stupid. Seriously I did not know grown men and women could be that stupid. Well guess now is as good a time as ever to give up my faith in humanity. Love the Epic Wub Time GIF. smile.png

Edited by Super Derpy
  • Brohoof 15

Is this for bucking real?????? 

Okay, you see, this is why I'm starting to get really annoyed by people...this is just stupidity at its finest.

that emily chick looks kind of cute though

• Brohoof 5

Hahahaha, I think the first guy might be meaning it as a troll and he caught everyone else?

Thats pretty funny and also slightly worrying, i think this fits nicely:

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

There are people born in first world areas (better health care and less starving to death) who don't know who Neil Armstrong is.

I think that shows how stupid some people can be. 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 4

Oh wow.  Just freaking wow.  I've been laughing my ass of for about the past 10 minutes.  This is ridiculous.

While I'm American, I don't really celebrate 4th of July.  I say Happy 4th to everyone, but I just can't find it in me to go light off fireworks.  

Please, just please, keep your cats and dogs inside tonight.  The 4th of July is one of the night of the year with the highest rate of lost animals.  Four years ago, my beloved cat, Ozzy, got out and did not return to us.  If you are inside, play something loud like music or a movie to drown out the fireworks.  The sudden bursts of noise scare your animals.  We've had to keep our other cats calmed down all week with people already blasting off fireworks.

Just please, keep your pets inside tonight.

• Brohoof 6

Well. Considering, atleast in Florida, there are more people saying Yolo, I only need swag, and hashtaging everything then there are people who can still do basic geometry I'm not surprised.

• Brohoof 7

Sounds like people enjoying the fact that pretending to be stupid will get you seen by the media or on forums (kinda like how answering questions wrong will get you on the Jay Leno show). Or maybe they really ARE this stupid. Either way its pretty dumb and makes us look bad.

• Brohoof 3

This didn't make me mad. It did make me laugh though.

Some people are.... haha

Happy 2013th birthday to the United States of America! =P

• Brohoof 4

No one cares about America.

All anyone cares about is Canada! Did you see all those statuses saying Happy Canada Day a few days back?

...yeah, neither did I.

• Brohoof 5

Ain't nobody got time for all that fancy education.  This is...

post-13775-0-84442200-1372970232_thumb.jpg

Love it or leave it! 

But seriously, that's pretty sad.  It did make me laugh though.

I was also joking about the love it or leave it thing, just to make sure no body thought I was serious laugh.png .

• Brohoof 12

Holy hell, people, just how dumb can you be?! And we wonder why China is fast becoming the world's next superpower... I'm losing my faith in our education system, and that's saying a lot, because I didn't pay a whole lot of attention in school, either...

• Brohoof 2

Ain't nobody got time for all that fancy education.  This is...         Love it or leave it!      But seriously, that's pretty sad.  It did make me laugh though.    I was also joking about the love it or leave it thing, just to make sure no body thought I was serious  .

I've seen that pic before, and it is still the best merica pic I have seen.

Also here is a merica pic that I haven't seen before, must be brand new. 

_murica_by_kamashei-d5znkh3.jpg

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Yeah, there are people on this world, I tell ya...

But that's just a proof for how less many people care about history. History's damn important! I wouldn't say that I'm an absolute expert myself, but the lack of many peoples' knowledge of a least their own country's history is disturbing.

Just a fun fact: I often made the experience that we here in europe know more about history in general. But I was disappointed last year when I watched our version of "Who wants to be a millionaire". More than half the audience thought that Lincoln was the first US-president.

*facepalm*

Ignorance of history. Sad and dangerous at the same time.

So, happy fourth of July! Means a lot to you, I know. Not really something to me, yes. Being patriotic is not what we use to do here where I live... You get the idea, I think. I'll just shut up now...

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-1620902-1-picard-facepalm-o.gif

I'm beginning to see why some other countries think Americans are stupid. It seems a lot of us are. I'd like to think they are joking but....yeah I've seen this brand of stupidity before so it wouldn't surprise me if they were just that ignorant.

Edited by N-Harmonia
  • Brohoof 3

Someone please just poke me in the eye with an axe. :P

I can see why people can't stand huge levels of stupidity, but this could probably be by far the highest level of stupidity. They seriously thought that Independence Day is America's birthday. I would say let this go but, being ignorant and just plain stupid when it comes to history especially Independence Day. I find that pretty inconsistent.

• Brohoof 2

Lol, Le Revolution ohohohohoh "let them eat cake". "Off with their head".

I don't know why but I felt like bringing up the French Revolution for some reason. Same time period, it's not too unrelated.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

img-1620908-1-SJZikor.gif

These people are the reason why we can't have nice things. I really don't understand how these people could figure out how to get a Twitter account in the first place, seeing the incomprehensability of their stupidity.

img-1620908-2-9OxeQNu.jpg

Edited by The Paris Swing Box
  • Brohoof 8

I actually know people like this. Maybe not that dumb, but definitely close; most of the younger generations especially don't care.

I know that today is the celebration of our independence. Anyone noticed that the taxes we suffer from in Modern America are worse than the taxes imposed upon the colonials?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, there are people on this world, I tell ya...

But that's just a proof for how less many people care about history. History's damn important! I wouldn't say that I'm an absolute expert myself, but the lack of many peoples' knowledge of a least their own country's history is disturbing.

Just a fun fact: I often made the experience that we here in europe know more about history in general. But I was disappointed last year when I watched our version of "Who wants to be a millionaire". More than half the audience thought that Lincoln was the first US-president.

*facepalm*

Ignorance of history. Sad and dangerous at the same time.

So, happy fourth of July! Means a lot to you, I know. Not really something to me, yes. Being patriotic is not what we use to do here where I live... You get the idea, I think. I'll just shut up now...

Agreed, history is my favorite subject. Wait, did people really think Lincoln was the first US president? Lol. History is so much fun, like how durring World War I it

was common for rats to eat the eyes of dead soldiers.

• Brohoof 1

Those are strong examples of the ignorant nature of many Americans. I also basically consider the nation's birthday to be the ratification of the Constitution, not the signing of the DoL which was just a letter. I don't celebrate the day personally so those that do choose to do so may have a good day.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Welp. I think that's enough internet for today.

Excuse me, I need to go and take care of something.

tumblr_lkaiueqfo21qf3f40o1_400.gif?13116

Now then, I must go and cry myself to sleep.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 5

I didn't know the stupid was this bad. It is spreading at an alarming rate and needs to be contained before it is all too late. My course of action is injecting people with knowledge to combat this deadly disease.

• Brohoof 1