Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 4th of July: Americas 2,013th Birthday? *pukes*

Dark Moon

Just ignore them, they've been inhaling to many sulfur fumes(or have been sticking lit M-80s in their ears, I can never tell which with this lot).

stupid numbnuts, ever heard of 1776?

This is possibly the best reaction image I can use for this situation. No other words can describe how I feel on this matter:

q3b.png

• Brohoof 1

Can't say I have ever been a huge fan of Americans in general (although it should really be USAians or something, America is not just USA). I will say that induviduals can be fine, just not always.

But it's not just USA with the idiots. I find that most people seem that way...

Can't say I have ever been a huge fan of Americans in general (although it should really be USAians or something, America is not just USA). I will say that induviduals can be fine, just not always.

But it's not just USA with the idiots. I find that most people seem that way...

You're bound to find idiots anywhere in the world. It's just that stupid Americans seem to take the spotlight before anyone else. I'm not really taking this as "Americans are so stupid" but more like "some people are just ginormously stupid."

I didn't know the stupid was this bad. It is spreading at an alarming rate and needs to be contained before it is all too late. My course of action is injecting people with knowledge to combat this deadly disease.

We must prepare the vaccines of knowledge using the needle of truth by the doctors of justice to combat this disease that is ignorance. xD

• Brohoof 1

People are stupid. This is a fact.

I don't see how this kind of thing is still surprising to any one. I'm personally used to it, by now.

Yay for United States of America all the way from 1776 to 2013 , with all the wars and all the problems we survived

GO U.S.A

No flags in Seattle thou , that's strange

You're bound to find idiots anywhere in the world. It's just that stupid Americans seem to take the spotlight before anyone else. I'm not really taking this as "Americans are so stupid" but more like "some people are just ginormously stupid."

Yea, pretty much. You're bound to find stupid everywhere. It's probably because of politicians like Rick Perry and Sarah Palin who are so stupid that it's not even funny. It's like they've never read the constitution before *sigh*

• Brohoof 1

I pray to all things sacred that those people were simply trolling. However, knowing the levels of stupidity many of my fellow countrymen are capable of, I get the distinct feeling my prayer is in vain.

although it should really be USAians or something, America is not just USA

Mmmyeah...no. We'd have to be conquered by China before we'd ever consider calling ourselves USAsians.

img-1620908-1-SJZikor.gif

This .gif sums up my reaction also.

Seriously, Nation, we need to fix up all the shit that is going on here. We need to educate the public so that they are not so god damn stupid!

It is outrageous that there are actually people who think this shit!

And these same people are often the ones who go off spouting, "America is the greatest country on the planet in every single category. Fuck you if you disagree." except they do it with much worse grammar, especially if its in the written word.

I love my country as much as the next guy, but seriously, you have to admit that as a whole, America is on a decline. Big time.

Happy Birthday America, lets hope our people get less stupid this year.

• Brohoof 2

I suppose that Americans are viewed by other countries as incompetents not because they all are, if not they're are some people who are so incredibly stupid, that people suppose they must all be like that, even though, as Freedan had mentioned, there are just some people who are too stupid.

Yea, pretty much. You're bound to find stupid everywhere. It's probably because of politicians like Rick Perry and Sarah Palin who are so stupid that it's not even funny. It's like they've never read the constitution before *sigh*

Sadly, blatant ignorance of the constitution apart from the sacred second amendment is not limited just to those two. It seems to be rather common amongst a good majority of the GOP and even a good number of Democrats I daresay.

So... They really think 2013 is how old the U.S. is? Like, in years?

America got its independence in 0000?

...They can't be serious, right?

Right!?

...They aren't joking!?

tumblr_meh8owlyeS1rse905o1_500.gif

• Brohoof 3

I mean let us be honest what did you expect with people who cannot spell or pronounce alluminium correctly?

To be fair, you haven't spelled aluminium correctly either. wacko.png

As for the original topic, yeah... that's alarming. One or two people I can forgive, but that's WAY too many people thinking the USA is 2,013 years old. I knew that history isn't a lot of people's strong suit, and I'm fine with that, but I'd figure something like this'd be common sense.

I hope to all the gods there ever were that this is all some elaborate troll. But I doubt it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I feel like if our founding fathers were here to see our country today they would do a few things:

1. Freak out because of our technology.

2. Cry because of the state of the country.

In that order.

The way America's founders outlined the country, if we had stuck to that, while maintaining ACTUAL PROGRESS (abolishing slavery, equal rights, everyone can vote, etc. etc.) we would be a much better country.

But in all honesty, no one is perfect.

Edited by Lord Loki
  • Brohoof 3

Sadly, blatant ignorance of the constitution apart from the sacred second amendment is not limited just to those two. It seems to be rather common amongst a good majority of the GOP and even a good number of Democrats I daresay.

Eeyup, politicians can be rather dumb at times. I'm not a fan of either party. It's like they don't care about us, that's why they lie and waste our tax money. I also dislike when politicians say things like "America is a Christian nation", or "America was founded on Judeo-Christian values". Even though it clearly wasn't, and there are documents that clearly say so, but politicians are liars...
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

You know, I got a real nice laugh out of this thread. No, not because of all of the Twitter posts. I got a good laugh out of all the people here who think these people are actually serious.

It's quite obvious that the people here have come together only for a good ole' mass slap on the knee. In other words, they just wanted to rustle some jimmies, and obviously, it worked, evident by all the people here on this thread actually taking it seriously. My proof? Sometimes people act stupid as a prank.

Look at the messages a bit more closely. You can also see other signs of fake stupidity there, such as the two people saying America is 2013 years young (as apposed to old), the girl saying that God made America, the overuse of exclamation marks (and 1's as in Jazmine's case), and all the messages being almost identical for the most part. You don't see, for instance, long explanations of people's experience living in the country, why they like/don't like it, etc, just small, similar messages.

But in all honesty, I'm just going to say that no grown person, no matter how dumb they may be, is that really that stupid. Nobody. And even if there was, there wouldn't be enough of them to all be posting messages on the same place.

It's a joke people. Just a couple of peeps who want to rustle some jimmies.

Honestly, when you really think about it, who are the unintelligent ones? The people pretending to be dumb, or the people who are gullible enough to actually believe they're being serious?

...and I thought I was bad at taking a joke.

Edited by Modphase

I hope those people know that the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. This is the reason why other countries hate America! It's filled with a bunch of idiots who claim they are patriots and they don't know the first thing about it.!

• Brohoof 1

...Is this seriously what we've come to? I mean, I understand having pride in your nation, but this? Meh, this level of stupidity isn't really new, so I'm not overly surprised. If there's people that think Louis Armstrong was the guy on the Moon...

• Brohoof 1

I really question the intelligence of humanity at times....

Seriously, when someone comments on something that dumb, eventually it follows towards everyone to do the same.

America itself would be dissapointed to find citizens this stupid...

• Brohoof 1

You know, I got a real nice laugh out of this thread. No, not because of all of the Twitter posts. I got a good laugh out of all the people here who think these people are actually serious.   It's quite obvious that the people here have come together only for a good ole' mass slap on the knee. In other words, they just wanted to rustle some jimmies, and obviously, it worked, evident by all the people here on this thread actually taking it seriously. My proof? Sometimes people act stupid as a prank.   Look at the messages a bit more closely. You can also see other signs of fake stupidity there, such as the two people saying America is 2013 years young (as apposed to old), the girl saying that God made America, the overuse of exclamation marks (and 1's as in Jazmine's case), and all the messages being almost identical for the most part. You don't see, for instance, long explanations of people's experience living in the country, why they like/don't like it, etc, just small, similar messages.   But in all honesty, I'm just going to say that no grown person, no matter how dumb they may be, is that really that stupid. Nobody. And even if there was, there wouldn't be enough of them to all be posting messages on the same place.       Honestly, when you really think about it, who are the unintelligent ones? The people pretending to be dumb, or the people who are gullible enough to actually believe they're being serious?   ...and I thought I was bad at taking a joke.

I would have laughed at this as well, actually, if I didn't actually know people like this in the real world. There are really people this dense. These people do exist, don't count it out as not being real yet. Although I can definitely see a few of them as being trolls, but I bet some are for real. Still makes us look bad either way. Way to call everyone stupid, btw. Also, why would you see fracing explanations about how long they have been in the country/ peoples opinions. It's twitter. 

(edited)

Meh, I live in Taiwan, a good hemisphere away from all that idiocy. I would assume it's a joke, because honestly I won't believe that that many people are dumb enough to think that the year is how long America has existed. 

Oh, wait, yeah, it's just trolls. I'm backed up by Inquisitr when I say that this is just a bunch of attention-seeking people copy+pasting their way to retweets and followers. Really though, it would take a less-than-practical person to think that these people are serious. I mean honestly, so many of the messages are the same, and everybody knows that we don't count our years in that way. 

TL;DR: You are wrong by assuming that these people are all just idiots. It's a joke.

Edited by Jverne

Wow, just, wow. I knew that the citizens of my country can be stupid at times, but this is just amusing and depressing at the same time.

It's shit like this that make other countries think that Americans are idiots.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I feel like if our founding fathers were here to see our country today they would do a few things:

1. Freak out because of our technology.

2. Cry because of the state of the country.

The way America's founders outlined the country, if we had stuck to that, while maintaining ACTUAL PROGRESS (abolishing slavery, equal rights, everyone can vote, etc. etc.) we would be a much better country.

America has been through much worse times, (The Great Depression, The Cold War, The Civil War, etc.) it's just that people want to seem smart by going against obvious facts and saying that that U.S. is in such an awful state. I live in Taiwan, and I miss the hell out of the U.S. It's an awesome place to live, with nice people and the same crime rate as where I am right now. Also DAMN the food there is good. Our government, though slow and bad at making decisions at times, *ahem* congress *cough* is perfectly able to maintain that. You just see the bad things about the country and act like they are the reason that you experience negative emotions. 

Pessimism does not make you look smart and realistic, and it solves nothing. Try the opposite.

Edited by Jverne