Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was Equestria Girls better than you expected?

kirbyboi

To be honest I didn't know what I was getting myself into, when I watched it the first time. So, I went in there with a neutral state.

I'm not the biggest fan of EqG in general and I there are definitely things I don't like in EqG. It had also some good moments though, but overall it's not my cup of tea and I would need to say here: Sorry, but no it was not better than I expected.

on a side note: Rainbow Rocks was better than as I expected after the first movie.

• Brohoof 1

Oh absolutely. I honestly didn’t know what to expect when I had first watched it. I liked it a lot more than I thought I was going to.

• Brohoof 3

Definitely, definitely. I liked the first movie much more than I thought I would, thought the sequel was better, started feeling a bit of franchise fatigue with the third and fourth film, but thought enough of the specials were above average to miss the franchise after it got abruptly canceled.

Well I actually watched most* of the final special which is more than I can say about S9 and its finale

*most, because I have only seen 4 of the six shorts, which I haven’t watched out of laziness 

• Brohoof 1

I mean... I guess? I'm not a huge fan of that first movie, but I wasn't expecting to like it at all and it turned out entirely fine, basically a simplified high school comedy filtered through the tone of Friendship is Magic. Then Equestria Girls would go on to do a lot more than I originally expected of it, with Rainbow Rocks and the first season of the short series being particular highlights. 

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I liked it way more than I thought I would. The first movie was fine, but didn't do much for me admittedly. Rainbow Rocks and onwards, yeah, I had a real good time with those.

• Brohoof 1