Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spitfire vs. Spitfire

Jon the VGNerd

35 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Spitfire?

• Spitfire (the Pegasi)
    • Spitfire (the Car)

With the car Octavia outclassed by the pony of the same name, the true Octavia prevails, combining both elegance and style, save for the lack of speed, one which the Octavia car has the advantage, but was not enough to match the elegant mare. Now, it's another pony vs car, both of the same name! Here we go! yay.png

800px-Spitfire_taking_off_shades_S3E7.pn

Spitfire, a well-known leader of the high-flying team the Wonderbolts, is a pegasi with a stern, but confident personality, and is always willing to recruit new pegasi ponies who has what it takes to join with the Wonderbolts during the Wonderbolt Academy with flawless aerial skills and pure endurance. Spitfire also has low tolerance for cadets slacking off unless breaks are needed, but a machine, going by the same name, gives her an unexpecting surprise. Although it looks old because it was from past generations, How would the leader of the Wonderbolts fare up against a vintage that can make up for its classic style?

1980_triumph_spitfire_for_sale_972715996

The Triumph Spitfire is a 1960s-1980s vintage machine on Earth, or the United Kingdom, specifically, with classic and stylish appearance to it. While it doesn't fare well with speed, it does, however, make up with good handling and manuverability, and is also known for its counterpart, the Triumph GT6. Despite its age, it never stopped driving along the asphalt terrain. For most pegasi and other ponies alike, however, the Spitfire vehicle can only go fast on the ground, never airborne. Despite this, how will the machine fare against a pegasi with tremendous aerial skills, especially with an identical name?

Who will live up to the true name of Spitfire? The pegasi with fearless aerial skills and possessing great leadership among many Wonderbolt cadets, or the machine with vintage styling despite its long, current age from decades ago? You decide who is the true Spitfire!

(This would be the sequel from the Octavia vs. Octavia thread. tongue.png)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

As much as I love that car *bites lips* I'm still going for Spitfire the pony, I just love her personality too much and she is just an overall awesome pony. I really like Spitfire and even though that car looks amazing I'm going for Spitfire the pegasi.

I still would really, really want to own that car..

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

Spitfire the pony is named after the Supermarine Spitfire - basically the British's signature war plane of WWII. The plane and the pony would have this car's lunch, because this car is not a fighter. ;)

Having said that, a Triumph Spitfire was the very first car I drove, at age 4, with my uncle working the pedals. It's a slick little automobile inside and out in terms of style (I've always really liked the dashboard and instrument clusters myself). It sounds great, scoots along well, and has nice road manners when properly maintained - but that's the key: upkeep is generally a pain and must be routine. It's also not a car you take on a 500-mile trip, ever. You take it out to a picnic with your s/o.

• Brohoof 1

Spitfire (pony)

-Personality that can sway from calm and relaxed to bad-ass drill-sergeant (defined as a 'spitfire' personality quite often)

-Has a mane, color scheme and name based around actual fire

-Can presumably fly at insane speeds and perhaps even leave a fire trail in her wake, just as Dash leaves a rainbow one

Spitfire (car)

-Nothing about that screams 'Spitfire' to me, from design to color.

lol no. The UK can keep their old car. Pony > car. Hell, Pony > the Spitfire plane used from the late 1930's to the late 1940's, too.

• Brohoof 1

I thought you were going to mention the fighter plane with this topic. I might just have voted for it over the pony.

Spitfire_RAF_Manst_2177424b.jpg

But no, pony has to take this vote. I like Britain and their old cars, and it's one of the few cars that can have character simply by being a car, but the pony is much more appealing; being captain of the Wonderbolts and still being down to Earth is the sign of a very likeable character. :)

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I also thought it was gonna be vs Spitfire the plane. It would've been the more logical choice.  As that was my guess as to Faust naming Spitifre.  As they both fly, they're both fast, they're both awesome and they're both able to do insane maneuvers.

Also "Wonderbolts" is a spin-off/parody of "The blue Angels" a highly trained group of pilots that perform Arial acrobatics, and perform at shows in syncronized flying.

I know nothing of that car,so my pick goes to the Wonderbolt...she's also my fave 2ndary character.

Edited by Flutter Dash

Oh, I thought I was the only one who realized that Spitfire was named after the famous World War Two fighter plane! I don't wish to sound ignorant, but I didn't know there was a car named Spitfire until I saw this thread.

spitfires_2443108b.jpg

I had no knowledge of the plane anyway, so I ended up naming it a car. I will re-make it, so it'll be less confusing, so don't you worry about a thing or two, everypony. :P

If it was the Spitfire fighter plane I'd choose that over the Pony but in this case I'm going to choose the Pony because the car doesn't seem to appeal to me as much.   

As much as I love cars, I would have to go with Spitfire (The Pegasus). She must be a pretty nice pony once you get to now her, and plus she would appeal to me more if I ever had a close relationship with a pony.

I didn't even know there was a car called Spitfire. Pretty nice vintage car but I still have to choose the pony. I mean she's AMAZING!! Pretty cool calm collected in most of her appearances, and then there's Wonderbolts Academy. OH MAN!! One of the toughest female drill sergeants I've ever seen! So badass and tough, she's so cool she can do a total personality flip. So yup, my vote goes to the pony. That car doesn't even look worthy of bearing such an awesome name, the fighter plane does!

No wonder Spitfire is the captain of the Wonderbolts! SHE'S SO AWESOME!! wub.png

I believe that the pony Spitfire is twice ...NO a million times better than an old vehicle with the same name as her. derpy_emoticon2.png  

So there * stick tongue out* 

• Brohoof 1

I didn't even need to LOOK at the car to see that the pony was OBVIOUSLY the superior being in this duel.  UNless they decided to become allies since there is really no reason for them to be fighting, and then Spitfire (pony) will drive Spitfire (car) off into whatever you call the sunset from a cloud town.

(edited)

Supermarine-Spitfire-IX-FN-L-And-FN-K-fsWhat about the quick and deadly, Supermarine Spitfire?

I'd say the airplane over the pony. But it was nothing short of a difficult decision.

Edited by Norman

img-1636066-1-Supermarine-Spitfire-IX-FNWhat about the quick and deadly, Supermarine Spitfire?

I'd say the airplane over the pony. But it was nothing short of a difficult decision.

I did a remake version of it, so it'll be less confusing.  ;)

So basically, I think the pony did win, although now she's facing a worthy challenger, as shown on the link above. :P

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...