Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What headphones do you use?

Lisa

I use Vakobs (I don't know what model is it), a cheap headphones from Carefour for about 20 PLN (about 5$).

I have them already from about half year and they work to this moment (but sometimes I must bother with a cable).

Got the V-Moda Crossfade LP on Amazon for like 60-70€ a while ago, 3x cheaper than the original price and I love them, extremely durable and amazing sound quality :D

I'm a big gamer so I just use a Zalman ZM-MIC1 and clip it on the cable.

For home and music making I use Sennheiser HD650 open-back headphones. They retail at about £320 but I got an ex-display set for £250. They're great. On the go I'll use whatever in-ear set I can get that aren't plain rubbish. Currently a set of Phillips headphones from Argos. They were reduced from £30 to £15. The sound isolation is pretty good and they sound good. When it comes to in-ear sets I try to only spend enough for a listenable tone because they always seem to break after 6 months or so. The wiring just seems to wear out.

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to in-ear sets I try to only spend enough for a listenable tone because they always seem to break after 6 months or so. The wiring just seems to wear out.

I noticed that too, but the Sennheiser in-ear sets come with a small leather bag to put them in which made my last one last for >1.5 years which is really good since all my other headphones broke way earlier, mostly like 6 months like you said. In fact, the small leather bag broke before the headphones :P

I had been using a Turtle Beach PX11 up until about February of this year I got 14 months of use out of them. 

A few weeks before they broke I work up one morning to find that the cord at the base of the headphone controller had split and the wire was showing. This split would continue to grow until the headphones had just stopped working.

Recently I started using my Logitech H540 again which actually broke yesterday morning. 

So I'm actually in the market for a new pair of headphones i'll probably just buy another turtle beach. 

Edited by Zantetsuken

Well, my G430 got a nice big crack in it. I've replaced them with an ATH-M50x because I wanted a good pair of headphones, they were the best I could find for under my artificial $200 cutoff price and they weren't wireless. I hate all things wireless, I prefer my peripherals being reliable.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, the last time I bought headphones they offered to let me see them before I buy. I thought 'oh great, if they're rubbish I won't have to go through the hassle of returning them'. They brought them out to me and I started to open the box only for the clerk to stop me a say 'What are you doing?'. I said 'I'm about to try these headphones and make sure they sound good.' She said, 'We can't do that, it'll go against our health and hygiene policies and we won't be able to resell them.' I then realised, 'Oh. when you offered for me to look at them you literally meant just to look at them. With my eyes.' Who on earth honestly just wants to look at headphones? You use them to listen to music, the idea is to make sure you're happy with the sound. Are people really ok with listening to the equivalent of buzz wasps as long as their ears look good? Why not offer me the chance to listen to a painting before I buy it while you're at it or to feel a CD before I buy it to make sure it's sufficiently round before I shove it in a CD player?

• 9 months later...
(edited)

I got this pair of Logitech g633 Artemis Spectrum in exchange of a pair of Razer Blackshark (wasn't satisfied with the general sound and comfort AFAIK).

sig-4587181.26-197-105-09.jpg

At first, I was not comfortable in them, so I thought of changing the ear pads with the ones that I had with this Logitech g430 headset:

sig-4587181.img-3575941-1-g430_G430_popu

I thought the ear pads would never fit, but surprise! They did fit! At first, I felt more comfortable but since the other pads had fabric filters and these ones did not, I felt the speakers on my ears and I thought of putting soft fabric in the inside of both cavities in order to cover those pesky speakers, but, turned out that I didn't need to that, because I got used to it as time went on. So yeah, i'm pretty satisfied with those slighty modded headphones.

The actual headset is good, and does the job with it's good sound and not that bad of a mic that surely tops the mic I had on that G430. The G430 still had better comfort though, but I'm getting used to the G633.

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

For the laptop and PSVita (yes, I'm one of 7 people in the world that has one), I have a cheap pair of Philips earphones that I bought back in 2009. I'm surprised they still work just as good as the day I bought them.

For the PS3 (and future PC) I have an Afterglow headset that I can't find online anymore. Some reviews I've read say that their sound quality is on-par with Turtle Beach.

My biggest gripe about them is that I have to have it on my head in just the right way, or it my left ear will start to hurt, and it hurts more to take it off. I'm not sure why this is, but when the time comes to replace them, I'll look for a headset that wraps around my ears rather than sitting on them.

LOL

I currently use Sennheiser HD 598s with a Modmic 4.0 stuck on the left side.

81BAtmyPccL._SX466_.jpg

I was put off at first by the "regular" version's ivory color and "wood" accents, then I saw the black ones, and then I bought them. Sennheiser isn't known for a lot of bass being produced, but it's fine with me.

I use cheap headphones. I think they are scullcandy. The really cheap $10 ones. I break or loose them so often that I'm afraid to invest money into a good pair. These ones are surprisingly good, though.

I had a pair of Red Beats Solo by Dre, but they broke. They still work, but they are all taped up. Now I use a pair of Pinkie Pie headphones until I can get a backup pair.

I got a new pair of Red Beats: Solo 2. They get really good bass.

Well, my G430 got a nice big crack in it. I've replaced them with an ATH-M50x because I wanted a good pair of headphones, they were the best I could find for under my artificial $200 cutoff price and they weren't wireless. I hate all things wireless, I prefer my peripherals being reliable.

Right on! I started using the M50x about 4 months ago. I got the white ones on a good sale. Love the quality. I burned through multiple Sennheisers and got tired of dead cans because of the thin hardwired cables. The M50x has a replaceable cable. And totally right about going wired. I used wireless peripherals for years in the past and never found the cordlessness to justify all the connectivity and dead battery issues.  :twi:

• Brohoof 1

I recently bought myself a sennheiser 558 and I love them dearly. I kind miss my old Logitech g430s because they were so comfortable to wear but I find the new one is still worth it for me.

The current headphones that I use the most are blue Beats headphones that I've had since the Christmas of 2013. They work well and I also like how they look.  :grin:  They were my absolute favorite Christmas gift that year.

I also have two more headphones just in case (or I might have made impulsive purchases) - white Skullcandy ones and some cheap black ones that are so huge that they look a little weird to me.

I have no idea of what they are exactly but they are sony headphones and they are white. They are realy comfy and they have really good sound.

A bit too good sincs my little brothers always use my headphones! Even though they have their own they use mine and it's freaking annoying :/

I've been through several headphones (often blowing or yanking them hard accidentally). Currently I have a pair of Apple earbuds and they work well, though the audio in the left earbud is almost naught lol. I solved it by simply rotating the earbud so the smaller audio outlet on the tip points inward. smh I really need to stop listening to music with SO MUCH BASS...but I love my wubs like Vinyl  :(