Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What headphones do you use?

Lisa

(edited)

I've been using a certain kind of Sony earbuds for years. They're nice and have volume control (which is the most important aspect for me). Sadly they don't sell them in stores around anymore, so I have to order them off of Amazon now. =(

I don't understand the appeal in actual "headphones" anymore... Those are like so 90s to me. lol

Edited by Envy

(edited)

I would really like an Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headset. I've heard they have a nice flat sound and they're wearable for hours at a time. Plus, they're only in the ballpark of $150. I could use it for gaming or listening to music or whatever. Steam does a good job of using my webcam for a microphone so I don't need a mic on my headphones in a game.

D3S_7757-1200.jpg

Edited by Space Woona

Music is my life. Literally. I went through actual withdrawal when I broke my headphones, to the point I where I was so desperate I started digging through my pantry looking for some. My dream headset would have to be the Skullcandy Crusher. Skullcandy seems to be the only brand that rarely breaks, but I'm personally fine with just some of their earbuds. Right now I have some uncomfortable full ear sony earbuds that a friend let me have, but I can't really complain, its HD and that's what I asked for

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The cheapest headphones and best headphones i've used are the Sony MDR-7506 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. They are $84.95 on Amazon and its worth every penny unlike Beats Audio. This pair is the best and most comfortable pair of headphones i've used. Even with glasses on they are still very comfortable. I haven't heard what they have been capable of yet because i've been connecting these headphones to low powering devices like computers, phones, tablets, etc. Unlike these devices, these headphones are made to be powered and used with studio equipment that pumps out large amounts of power to them, and its used in conjunction with other equipment called a DAC (digital to analog converter) that is dedicated to send a very clear signal to the headphones. The devices I connect to these are doing the total opposite. They send a very low voltage signal, and it pumps out a very bad signal. It will take me a while to get the equipment to fully utilize these. But for now, it works great.

sony_mdr7506.jpg

Edited by sonicdude558

This would be my dream headphone. ;)

img-2474804-1-large_x12_1.jpg

The Turtle Beach Ear Force x12

Those are the ones I currently have. But I'd like to have either the Turtle Beach Earforce ZSeven ($250) or the Razer Chimaera 5.1 ($200).

I've been using a certain kind of Sony earbuds for years. They're nice and have volume control (which is the most important aspect for me). Sadly they don't sell them in stores around anymore, so I have to order them off of Amazon now. =(

I don't understand the appeal in actual "headphones" anymore... Those are like so 90s to me. lol

For me, I just enjoy headphones cause to me ear buds feel weird. And every ten seconds or so, I'd need to put one of them back in my ear when they fell out. So IMO the reason I prefer big clunky headphones is quite simply , for me there's more of a comfort level . It's hard to tell what my dream headphones will be I buy a lot of cheap headphones and they stop working like 3 months later cause I listen to my touch too loud.

I have only one requirement with headphones: That they do not break. Ever.

Physically impossible? Yup.

Every pair of headphones I've ever bought breaks down one way or the other in the exact same way. One side goes out, then the other follows shortly. Every single time.

I usually buy little cheap six dollar ones cuz it's better that way, and ironically they've lasted longer than any over-the-head headphones I've ever used. I even bought a more expensive set one time, $30 Skull Candy, and it died in literally two weeks. Fuck that.

I don't much care for earbuds though unless it's the type that has a curl that goes over the ears (like the six dollar ones) so even if it falls out a little I can just push it back in instead of it falling completely out.

(edited)

I love music but I couldn’t care less as long as they sound good and aren't too expensive: I have white Silvercrest headphones that I bought from Lidl supermarket. They were dirt cheap, only cost about £10.00, and the sound quality is excellent, especially considering the cheap price. 

silvercrest-kopfhoerer-regular--2.jpg

Edited by Asherdangerdash

These bad boys:

51100_angle_image_1.pngBelieve me, these (from what I have heard) are glorious!

From SteelSeries, it's the Siberia V2 Full size headset. Apparently they're comfortable, great quality and come with a professional built-in mic. They are £73 which is a tonne, but they're worth it.

I like the blue one!

I don't really have, or need any "dream headphones." All I need is something that works. I try not to get to into the best of technology, cuz it's a terrible investment. It moves so much that it will me broke if I had to have the newest of everything.

I know there's kids here in my school, who barly can afford food, yet they have the newest phone all the time. Or one kid, who choose $700 beat headphones rather than to get his driver lisence!

I just think it's just an extreme case of human stupidity :/

Yo, @Twilightlicous, your headphone thread was very similar to this one, similar enough at least that they could function as one. They have thus been merged.

And I use the Logitech G540 wireless headset. Serves me quite well, and I'm happy with it. Don't think I'll replace these for a good, long time. Probably not until they break or the battery is completely dead.

(edited)

I use a pair of Monster Inspiration, that cost about $300.They are absolutely divine, and I feel as though it was money well spent. They're a little tight against the ears, but nothing unbearable and I can easily wear them for an extensive amount of time.

From what is sounds like, they were developed by a chunk of people from the teams of Beats, that left to build headphones more designed for sound quality, rather than be the it brand for celebrities. I never liked Beats, but figured these guys can't be too bad if they opted for better headphones over latching onto a famous person. :P

Edited by ~Chaotic Dratini~

(edited)

Yo, @Twilightlicous, your headphone thread was very similar to this one, similar enough at least that they could function as one. They have thus been merged.

And I use the Logitech G540 wireless headset. Serves me quite well, and I'm happy with it. Don't think I'll replace these for a good, long time. Probably not until they break or the battery is completely dead.

The title needs to be changed because people started to write like "My Dream Headphone is......." so maybe changing the title to "What Is your Dream Headphone and Headphone your Using At the Moment" or something like that would be good, Thanks.

Edited by Twilightlicous

Right now, I've got a Koss Pro 3AA set for when I'm at the computer. If I'm listening to music on the go, or if I'm using my phone, I'll use RHA's MA450i.

I plan on replacing the RHA's with Thinksound's TS02 as the buds are tiring out a bit and I'm not keen on their sound qualities. The Thinksound's also have wooden surrounds, which is a plus in my book. :)

• 1 month later...

Sennheiser HD 598.

I also have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M50s that I really like for electronic music but they're a bit tight and uncomfortable for long periods of time.