Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight and her horn grow?

MLPFanatic34

I think she is a little bit taller, not like super taller, but a little bit.

I guess its just to show shes growing or something i guess, i dunno. Must be part of becoming an Alicorn.

Probaly won't be becoming Celestia height for a bit though ;p.

So here i am, rewatching the Premiere of the 4th season for like the 3rd time (so good..despite the under showing of 3 of the mane six, meh lots of time later).

And at the start of the first episode, Twi is doing her typical humbleness towards the Artwork done of her in the royal hall. Apple Jack is doing her typical "well geez i done gotta get to work already cause my character is a bit slow to cook in development" and she moves to stand next to Twilight.

The two share a chat and I notice that Twilights eyes are a few inchs higher then Aj's. So i Pause and lean in to examine. Sure enough, perhaps an animation error she is taller then AJ now, and no im not talking horn height.

I shrug it off and return to popcorn town thanks to Discord and keep watching. My next clue is when she is flying to ponyville with Spike onboard. He seems dwarfed now by the length of Twilights barrel (ok dwarfed is over the top but she does appear larger then during the other seasons.

My final bit is during the NMM flashback and at the end of the 2n episode during her stance with the other two princesses. We have as a fanbased assumed Luna's growth in age was stalled during her exhile why is smaller (and younger) then Celestia. But when Twilight took her place next too them, clearly smaller in stature she was also a bit larger then during her times with Luna during the episodes during season 2 and 3.

Ok ok maybe i am just over looking animation error or not taken in the new girth of her wings, but damnit this show is FILLED with subtle hints at things. I could list them but when you dry your eyes over the beauty and fun of friendship dripping from the episodes you have to admit there is alot of suggestion in things. Subtle hints at gestures or working of speech and actions. The fanbase has taken these and writen full fledged fictions about them, or done gallery worthy art work of them...dont you all play dumb either, you know for a fact what im talking about and the need to give examples isnt required.

So, with the Princesshood firmly in place upoun our mane character, has Twilight grown...no i mean it, is she larger? Thoughts? 

I would blame shoes, but if you notice she has no shoes on during the scenes i mentioned, let alone any for that matter. She is out of royal garb save her crown and thats halfway thru the episodes. I hate to say this to the worry warts but our little Twilight IS an alicorn and she is growing larger.

Hi there, @@applejock. We already have a thread for discussing Twilight's post-alicorn transformation, and her change in size, so yours has been merged with that one.

It's pretty clear she has grown taller, and her horn appears longer and slimmer now. 

I think that at the very most she'll probably Princess Luna's size, but I don't think she'll even grow that tall.

I've seen some fanworks of her as a 'full grown' Alicorn and she just looks off, because of how noodle-y her legs look.

Plus, I think they'll try to keep her relatively small to keep her more relatable for the target demographic.

She definitely grew. I could tell from the minute she transformed into an Alicorn, you could tell she looked a lot more like Cadence in terms of body and figure.

The main issue I have with Twilicorn currently is the fact that her wings don't balance well on her body, but I'm pretty sure that's going to change over time.

It only became clear to me as I was watching the premiere. I was in the live stream, and round about the same time, me and several other ponies were like "Waaaaiiittt.... Twilight is taller?!" Sure enough, I checked on googled imagesx today, and voila!

post-20133-0-76918900-1385436779_thumb.png

Edited by BalanceBrony

Yes, I do think that Twilight's horn grew. It certainly seemed a lot longer than Rarity's. As for her height, I also think they changed that slightly when she became a princess.

Edited by DJCarrot

In most of the shots I recall she did look like she got a bit taller and her horn grew a bit also.  Though in a few shots it looks like they recycled older shots or drew her horn shorter.  Unless I'm misremembering.  I could see an artist making a mistake like that in a few shots or some animation being recycled to save money & time.

Now that I think about it, Twilight does look a little taller than she normally did.

If anything, I kind of hope she doesn't look like the other Alicorns anytime soon, I never liked their design that much.

what she said. i dont really like the design. i think she should look like she is now.

• 4 weeks later...

I was actually going to post about this. Honestly I didn't notice in EQG and didn't notice until Power Ponies. 

But yeah, this is something I can get behind. We have a character that is changing, not only in maturity and experience, but physically as well. And I hope it continues.

I want it to get to a point where there is a noticeable difference between Twi and her friends and they begin to treat her differently. She is a princess/demigod after all. She should have the effect of such. What is the point of making her a princess if she's going to stay and be treated the same as when she was a unicorn?  

Twilight is growing up and as a fandom, we're growing with her. 

• Brohoof 2