Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst and Best Reaction of Telling Someone You're a Brony

lighting flash

I sadly don't think I will EVER tell anyone about my love for MLP.FIM. I live in kind of a small little redneckish place and if people found out I watched A show that was originally made for little girls they would never let my live it down. So for now and probably forever I will remain a "closet brony". :blush:

• Brohoof 2

Best: (A friend was at my house so she wanted to see how the show was.)

(Rainbow Dash appears on screen) 

Friend: I LOVE THE RAINBOW PONY!

Worst: (A different friend was watching it with me)

Friend: This show is so girly.

Me: Yes...and?

Friend: I'm saying that and I'm a girl. 

• Brohoof 3

Best: (A friend was at my house so she wanted to see how the show was.)

(Rainbow Dash appears on screen) 

Friend: I LOVE THE RAINBOW PONY!

Worst: (A different friend was watching it with me)

Friend: This show is so girly.

Me: Yes...and?

Friend: I'm saying that and I'm a girl. 

Worst: You think the show is girly. But you have to be a manly woman to enjoy the show.

Best: One of my sisters said the same thing the first time she watched it. "I just like the rainbow one!"  thought, she's hooked. ;)

(edited)

Best: 

"Hey mom"

"What?"

"I'm a Brony."

"What's that?"

Worst:

"Hey mom"

"What?"

"I'm a Brony."

"What's that?"

I'm being srs here. My family does poke fun at it, but nothing along the lines of insensitive. mlp-swreach.png

My little brother, on the other hand... mlp-swannoy.png

Edited by ReGen
  • Brohoof 2

best reaction "hey son I... pokerface you watch ponies

me:yeah

dad:I love you

worst:you watch that homo stuff

me:yes

THAt guy:well its for man children

ME: are you kidding me jpeg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Worst: CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! (One of my friends.)

I haven't really had a best, just random people being "Oh hey, you're a brony." or "Really? I love (insert pony here)!"

Edited by Seraphim
  • Brohoof 1

Best: 

"Hey mom"

"What?"

"I'm a Brony."

"What's that?"

Worst:

"Hey mom"

"What?"

"I'm a Brony."

"What's that?"

I'm being srs here. My family does poke fun at it, but nothing along the lines of insensitive. img-1648789-1-mlp-swreach.png

My little brother, on the other hand... img-1648789-2-mlp-swannoy.png

This post made my day XD. So many lolz. Makes me cureous as to what your little brother said. I can almost see that happening in my head. Well done Sir, well done.

mlp-normal-rarity-clop-5953_preview.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best reaction:

Somehow I was talking with a couple of my guy friends ponies were brought up. 

Me: I like ponies.

Guy Friend #1: So do we. My favorite's Fluttershy.

Guy Friend #2: It's pretty cool. Rarity's my favorite.

Me: :D OMG

And then we started talking about Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory.

Worst:

My brother caught me watching ponies on my computer.

Brother: Isn't that show for girls?

Me: -_- I am a girl. And don't hate if you haven't watched at least a couple episodes.

Brother: ....

Me: Watch a couple episodes then tell me what you think. >_>

What's hilarious is that he did and actually told me it wasn't as girly as he thought it was and doesn't pick on me as much.

Also, it's gotten to the point where like, last night Guy Friend #2  and I were talking about some roleplays from the forums here and one that we are currently planning.

My brother legitimately said "I'm not even a brony and I'm interested in what you guys are talking about."

:yay: :yay:

(which I think means the plotlines and character development)

Edited by Nuclear Neur☢tic
  • Brohoof 2

I accually didnt know there was a thred like this and now im happy. my best reaction was when i was at my table at luch my friend daniel didnt know i was a brony and when i started talking about the show he said ''cameron your a brony?'' at the time i had on my leather jacket and it was zipped up and under it was a t shirt that said brony and it had rainbow dash on it. so with out saying anything i pulled my jacket open like super man and reviled my shirt. he jumped back in shock and everyone and me were laughing at proformance and his reaction. my worst was i was in the pink area at toys r us and i was looking at ponys. there was this little girl looking at the barbies right next to me and her mother quickly runs up to her glaring at me while she took her out of the areal

• Brohoof 1

BEST 

Older Sister: *makes a slight mention of bronies*

(we're in separate sleeping bags alone except for one another)

Me: what do you think of bronies?

Older Sister: Dunno really, I don't hear good things about them often.

Me: I kinda am one n stuff

Older Sister: So does that mean that you are like a pedo and pleasure yourself to pics of the ponies?

Me: Naw, some do but I don't *laughs*

Older Sister: ah well that's cool.

No worst so SECOND BEST

Best friend over at my house

Been watching ponies for a few months

Decided to come out to him about it since he's over all the time

Me: watch this *pulls up a video that explained the reason why people liked the show to me*

him: 0.o

*video finishes*

him:1369173078267.jpgSo you like this pony show then?

Me: yup

Him: well if you like it I might as well give it a shot. Surprised me for sure though, I wouldn't expect it from you.(something like that)

(now he is as into the show and even maybe more into the show than me, he also has worst pony Rainbow Dash as his favorite WHEN APPLEJACK IS CLEARLY BETTER)

• Brohoof 2

My best one: A friend from my Navy Reserve Center was hanging out at my apartment.  I was messing around on Netflix and said "Hey man, wanna watch My Little Pony? It's pretty good." He just chuckled. I chickened out and we watched something else.  A few days later I got a text from him that said "I hate you."  When I asked why he said "I actually wanted you to put on My Little Pony so when I got home I checked it out and now I'm totally hooked!"

Near instant Bronyfication.

The worst: I was at a local icecream parlor near where I work and I was eating outside, playing MLP on Netlix on my phone, and having a good time.  Some random guy and his friends came up and said "You like ponies? You should go home and spank it to your ponies, Mr. Lonely!" I just said "K" then went back ignoring him and watching ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Great thread idea. :)

My best reaction was when I told my brother. He was pleasantly surprised, and about two days later he came in asking to watch an episode with me. We watched the first three, he watched the next three by himself and has been planning to get round to Dragonshy. I've got literally nobody else into it from reaction alone other than him :P

Worst was when an inquisitive friend asked what Bronies were when I was chatting to another guy about them at school. I told him what they were, along with another guy listening in, and their reaction was dead silence. I could tell they were thinking "Is this guy crazy?"

• Brohoof 2

Second Best:

It was Facebook messaging. I was telling a friend about MLP. She was so interested in it. That in itself was such a good reaction lol. And then... a Facebook Wall Post:

"BTW I watched MLP over christmas break...you were right..but i haven't had time to watch it since..this will be my new crack tv show xD lol"

When I saw that, I was like, 

success-kid.jpeg

Neutral (because I'm not sure this is bad or good):

I was surfing on the internet at my school computers. One of my friends (a girl) asked me for help with biochemistry. She saw me looking through the personality test for MLP (what Mane 6 do you fit best?). When she saw Pinkie Pie, she said, "You like ponies? Aww that's cute!" And I was like, "Yep. They're real cute." 

• Brohoof 3

Best: "Eh, you're a brony now, Christian? Well, I gotta admit I'm one too so yeah."

Worst: "You're a brony now, Christian? I am disgusted to have you as my brother"

Same here buddy. My brother hasn't come out and said it, but his hatred for the fandom is so thick in the air, you could cut it with a butter knife.

• Brohoof 2

worst pony Rainbow Dash

This made me lol, it's so true.

Best:

Me telling my mum.

Me: Erm... I have to tell you something. There's a group of people on the internet who like My Little Pony. Well, I'm one'f 'em.

Mum: It's escapism. I think it's good that you're doing this. Just don't let it control your life.

(I disregarded this last sentence)

Worst:

Me telling my friend.

Me: Remember I told you what a brony is?

Friend: Yeah?

Me: Well, I am one.

Friend: *Falls over backwards over a concrete bollard laughing*

Me: Hey, I just told you one of my biggest secrets.

Friend: Wait, you were serious!?

After that we had a big argument, and basically he tried to say what he would do if he were me. Well, there's a perfect song for this:

#Don't say if I were you
Or tell me what you'd do
Or things would be if
You were in my shoes
Cuz you're not me#

(Anyone heard this on Yu-gi-oh?)

• Brohoof 3

Since I've only told one person that didn't initially know I was a brony, and since the reaction was pretty funny I'll deem it as my best.

After barely keeping it a secret I finally had the courage to my brother while he was giving me a ride home from school, it went a little something like this:

Me- "Dude, I like that show MLP."

*About 10 seconds of silence later*

My Brother- "I need to focus on the road."

• Brohoof 1

The bests reaction was my reaction.

The first time i had heard of people watching MLP i was like how degrading to the human race. men at the age that would have went to fight a war are now watching ponies discover the magic of friendship. I asked who was a Brony in our school and he started rating off some names and i said that everyone he meansioned had a lacking of masculinity but in other words.... i never had been more wrong in my life- its just a group of people being them-selves creating a fandom around a VERY good show. anyway i finally watched an episode witch latter turned into 3 seasons and a weekend. i called him and told him i had watched MLP and he said "welcome to the heard!"

when i tell people i am a brony i am not embarrassed i am proud so people don't make fun of me the worst i ever had was a wow, really? but i don't really talk about it with people who are not brony's but its fun messing with people when its mixed between brony's and non-brony's because i make references and the people that get it say WWOOOOWWWW and the people that don't feel left out. I probably haven't had any bad reactions because i am the master of comebacks, its hard to mess with me.

when i find out people are bronies my reaction is when fluttershy finds out dash wants a pet.

the best is when people see my desktop background and ask who made that? me!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS

Edited by PonyLover123
  • Brohoof 1

Well I my mom she gave me one strange look after another I told her it was the new gen what a brony was how big it is and I think she's ok with it am not sure heck I think she did'nt take me serious. By now I bet you she has forgotten all about it:( other than that no one knows but my facebook friends I wonder what they will say to me when we go back to school hmmmm I bet it will be fine I mean no ones ever been bullied for liking ponies right.....right:( well srew it i don'y give two buck about them am wearing my pony swag the first day back YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-17818-0-52246300-1374134331.png

• Brohoof 1

Best: Told my friends that I liked the show. They were cool about it but honestly didnt care.

Worst: Told my dad. He kept on thinking that it was a joke. After he finally accepted it, he gave me a dissapointing stare then walked out of the room. The next morning, he came to me and asked in a friendly and concerned way if I were gay. To this day, he still asks if im gay.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really had a good reaction before. My friends say it's gay but don't bring it up often. The worst reaction was probably my Aunt though. She saw an MLP blind bag toy on my desk and asked what it was so I explained to her what a brony was. She thought I was joking so I showed her a definition on the internet. She still calls me pony boy and sings the old theme song around me to this day. ¬¬

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... The best reaction I've ever had was one of my friends admitting he was a closet brony, so now we can geek out together.

The worst was probably...I don't know. I'm one of those rare cases who has never really had a bad reaction. Some of my friends think it's weird, but they don't condemn me or anything, and they don't really care what I do in my spare time. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best:

I walk into Organic Chemistry II lab one Tuesday morning with my "Luna is Best Princess" shirt on. The TA, a senior, notices (unbeknownst to me), but keeps quiet until the professor is done with the pre-lab talk.

As we're getting into lab, my partner and I are working in our hood, and he comes over.

TA: "So, you watch the show, huh?"

Me: "Yeah, I do. You know about it?"

TA: *says nothing, but pulls out a crystal Rainbow Dash blindbag figure from his pocket*

Me: "Sweet!" *brohoof*

TA: My entire apartment is made of bronies. Come by some time if you like."

Contextual support: I unknowingly met one of my TA's roommates in my neuroscience class that very same day. Emboldened by my previous encounter, I saw the word "brony" on the guy next to me's shirt, and immediately went "I love your shirt!" He looks down at mine, smiles, and says, "I like yours too!"

Afterwards, back at my room, a mutual friend of my roommate at the time and them comes by to fetch my roommate for dinner as he always does. He says to me, "So apparently (two guys I met today) were talking about you today. The funny thing is, they didn't realize they had met the same guy. One of them said 'I found one of us today!' and the other went 'Whoa, so did I!' I decided to try and guess who this person was, since I was pretty sure it was you. I go 'He's about yay tall, dark brown hair?' They say yes, and I tell them 'Oh, you two met (my roommate's name)'s roommate (my name).'" I was shocked and then laughed about it.

Worst:

The second person I ever told was a friend from WoW that I had known for a long time. I told him I liked MLP, and he instantly goes "Ha, GGAAAAAAYYYYY!"

Other reactions to when I revealed my liking of the show include and/or mention it in any way, shape or form in mixed company with other WoW/LoL friends:

"NO! SHUT UP!"

"Kill yourself"

"Consider suicide"

"Talking cartoon horses, dude"

Now, bear in mind that all of these remarks have come from people that I still consider my friends. Why? Because I know that they don't actually mean it (mostly, anyway) when they say them. They still respect me enough to play League with me on occasion, and I can have intelligent conversations about game mechanics or things like that. They know that being a brony hasn't worsened my game performance at all. If we can get by while pretending I'm not actually a fan of the show, fine by me.

...Still, between 3 and 5 raiders on my 10 man team poke fun at me for it from time to time, the girl of the team actually saying that if I don't give it up, I'll never get laid. To say that that didn't worsen my mood a little bit would be false, but I try to get over it. It helps that one of the other raiders is a brony too (he actually sent me the Luna all-over shirt I'm wearing right now), and that his dad is our guild master.

Edited by HandMan