Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst and Best Reaction of Telling Someone You're a Brony

lighting flash

Best reaction:

Me: Mom, I'm a fan of My Little Pony.

Mom:  What's My Little Pony?  Isn't that the show Miko (my 7 year old niece) watches?

Me:  Yep.

Mom:  Okay.  

(The total lack of reaction on her part really just drove home the idea to me that this is NOT a big deal.)

This is not quite the same thing, as it's about telling somewhat what a Brony is, rather than telling him I'm a brony, but still...

Some mention of bronies was mentioned in a class I took last semester.  (Not negatively or positively, just sort of in passing)  

The guy next to me asked me what a Brony is.  I explained.   He proceeded to laugh his ass off.  

I tried to draw his attention to the Rarity stickers on my laptop but I don't think he noticed.

Edited by hawkflame

I don't tell anyone that I personally know in real life. They don't need to know or find out. They wouldn't want to know because they would hate what I have to say about MLP and life could become difficult. It's in my best interest to keep it on the internet at least for now

Edited by RainbowDarth

someone gave me a big hug and we houng out for the rest of the con = best

someone thretened to murder me and actully tried to punch me in the face... he was subsequently arrested for assult, being the nice guy I am I dropped the charges = worst

Best reaction:

Parents: You watch My Little Pony, Joe?

Me: Yes.

Parents: Why?

Me: Because it's a great show and it makes me happy.

Parents: Ok Joe, we love you.

Worst Reaction:

Me: I watch My Little Pony, Ryan.

Best Friend: WTF Why?

Me: Because I like it.

Best Friend: I can't believe you watch that sh*t.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

Best reaction:

There was a girl who in a group work drew a unicorn horn to our human (I can´t remember what the work was about) at first, I didn´t really thought she referenced the show, but the other day I was walking down the corridors, and saw her in her locker, taking out the next subject books, and stuff, and I saw all of her notebooks were from MLP so I say:

You like My little pony?

And she says Yes I think its a cool show, and we started taking about the show a lot, and became really good friends.

As for the worst:

I like keeping my notes from each subject very organized, so one guy at school ask me for my notebook, because he was absent that class, and didn´t have the notes, so I lend him my notebook, and he was just passing trough the pages, and he sees some My Little Pony doodles

He told me How can you like My Little Pony?

And I told him it was a nice show

And then he told me it was a stupid kids show, and I should get a life.

I ignored him, took my notes and walked away

He told it to like the whole class, they were laughing at me but at the next day, most of the people forgot

Edited by PinkieAlliPie

Best:

They didn't mind and ended up becoming a brony themselves.

Worst:

A close friend literally stopped talking to me just because I watch MLP. Even though they were completely fine with everything else (embarrassing or not) that I liked.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Best: My cousin Lauren, talked to her about it over the internet, she was very interested and reminisced about watching G1 as a little girl, I said the new version is very different and she agreed when I described it to her. She also supports my right to wear an RD t-shirt in public and attend BronyCon. We went to see the new Songebob movie together so she is ok with adults watching cartoons.

Worst: Mum unfortunately, burst out laughing, then questioned, then asked me to keep it silent. Wasn't really surprised, she believes in social norms.

• Brohoof 1

Best: "Uhmmm, alright dude, you can like whatever you want"

Worst: *epic laugh* (insert bad mocking here) ... and never ever felt like telling my secrets to those people again  -_-

Best: *I get email from forum on phone* my friend quietly says "your a brony?" *I respond with scared face.* "it's ok I'll keep your secret." That was the second person who found out.

Worst: *I get email from forum on phone* other friend dies of laughter. I hide under shirt.

The Best: My History of Arts teacher

Teacher: *sees me and my friend looking at pony pictures on his phone* Oh my, what's that? It's so cute!

My friend: It's my Little Pony.

Teacher: Oh, I heard about that. My granddaughter watches it, I think. Would you too send me some of those pictures?

Me and my friend: Sure!

The Worst: One of my friends

Friend: *looks at pictures on my phone and finds the "Pony" folder* Pony? MLP?

Me: Yeah.

Friend: *opens folder and finds some pictures of my favourite MLP pairings (I don't have anything NSFW on my phone, they are nto even kissing in the pictures...)* Woah, is that pony yuri?

Me: No, not really... it's just girls love...

Friend: Ew, are you a zoophile or something?

Me: Nope. :mellow:

She still jokes about it a lot. It's annoying. :okiedokielokie:

'Best' reaction I've gotten is just a 'U fokin wot m9' kind of face. Worst is when the girl I have a crush on finds out and now every single damn day at school I can not talk to her for more than five minutes without her saying, "Bronyyyyyy!"

im not complaining tho : P

I actually haven't got any negative responses when telling others I am a pegasister.

Best - My parents didn't mind in the slightest and usually buys me pony merchandise a lot. img-1628469-1-laugh.png

Worst - My older cousin saw me watching the show and said that the ponies need to be shot. img-1628469-2-angry.png He watches Tosh.0, so I bet I know where he got his opinion from. img-1628469-3-sleep.pngI

I thought Daniel Tosh was a brony.

Best: mom, talking about iPhone backgrounds. I have a pony. I say there's a whole culture around those ponies. Mom shockingly says bronies? Are you a brony? Me yeeeeess quivering. Her: nothing doesn't care. Also got people who said cool or laughed with me etc lots of good.

Bad? Honestly I can't think of anything objectively bad but worst reaction was elderly checker disgusted and confused me buying Merch.

Best: I don't know. Either they say "cool" or are bronies themselves. 

Worst: In nicer words, He said for me to end my life because I'm an autistic individual who mates with horses. (He's a troll. Obviously.) 

Best: I was skyping my friend who already knew I was a brony. I told him I drew a pony and showed it to him. Things happened and his twin sister who didn't know I was a brony came in and gave me art advice. Indifference is the best reaction.

Worst: I don't let anyone know unless I'm sure they won't hate me for it, so nothing here.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

The best? Umm, I guess it made me and a former friend of mine become friends again, because he had starting watching the show but he did not consider himself a Brony at the time. He seen my Futteryay shirt and I told him I was a Brony. I think that reignited the friendship. Oh joy, friendship really is magic and all that jazz. Still, it was neat.

The worst? I suppose it was a person on Xbox Live calling me an autistic man-child because of it. The irony here, is that I actually AM autistic and I am a child at heart, as my member title says. So, jokes on him. :P I have not really had any other negative responses beyond that. I am very open about being a Brony and I am happy with that, whether others like it or not. It seems many have no problems with it. :)

autism bros!i havent had much reaction except i post ponies on instagram and so one kid asked me about being a brony and i said maeby to not draw attention. And another kid just asked you have an instagram right?

• 3 years later...