Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of Sunset Shimmer?

BlueVeil

Well now to give my thoughts :squee:

Sunset Shimmer for me originally was the worst villain in MLP due to how she represented the stereotypical mean girl and wanted to take over Equestria simply because she didn't get what she wanted and believed she was better than everyone else.

However, during Rainbow Rocks we can definitely see a HUGE change in character. It's good how she's initially rejected by the rest of the students so it shows that she's not completely forgiven and that she needs to work to prove herself to her peers and truly show that she's changed. Through that experience she grew closer with the Mane 6 and learned about friendship and how to better herself as a person :)

So with that I'll say that I now admire her for still helping to defeat the Dazzlings and save the school and her friends despite the humiliation she had gone through and how she had no support from her other peers :) Through this change in character she now has many more fans and is well liked in the brony community :lol:

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 2

I actually somewhat relate to her. Not having any friends at school (until after something bad happened), I was the loner/out cast at the school, the one who most people gave a wide berth to, and i do think she is really hot (no pun intended) as I have a thing for the leather/gothic/grunge/rock look, especially on girls

• Brohoof 1

She was awful as a villain, and that was a shame because she could have been one of the greatest villains the show has ever created. The reason for this is that her story is very similar to Twilight Sparkle, being a former student of Princess Celestia and all that. Good main villains, such as the Joker, Lord Voldemort, and Darth Vader have a lot in common with our protagonist, and as Sunset Shimmer had a similar past, she would probably have similar traits, being kind of like Twilight's twisted shadow. She would also show Twilight what she could become if her desire to study goes to far.

Unfortunately her backstory was extremely rushed, being hinted at but us never getting the full story, and whenever find out what she wanted at the end of the film. This was explained in the comics, but if it ain't in the movie than it ain't in the movie. She turned out to be NOTHING like the villain she could have been, and ended up being a Diamond Tiara clone, posing no threat for most of the film, and when she does start being a threat she has the most dumb plan ever in the history of this show. Also her remorse at the end of the film was completely unexpected with nothing building up to it whatsoever. It also shows again what a great villain she could have been if it was built up, keeping pictures of her and Celestia in her locker and always feeling remorse and guilt for the path she chose.

Sunset Shimmer as a good guy, well that's a different story. She's one of my favorite characters in the show, despite her not getting as much focus as I would like. And us missing key plot points in between the movies like why she didn't go to jail, which has had to be filled in by fanfiction. She was really kind of cute, modest, and actually quite wise, being kind of a mentor to Twilight as well as Twilight being a mentor to her, which is what I would have loved to have seen in the first one as it really makes sense. I really want her to get more focus in the next film and I want to find out were she lives and such. However Rainbow Rocks touched upon a lot of things I wanted to see in the first film, like her feeling remorse, and how she remembers Celestia.

Also the dear Princess Twilight thing at the end was just pure genius.

Edited by Arctofire

I don't really have an opinion on her.

She's just... boring.

Someone who also thinks she's boring. Thank the lord.

I find her to be a generic character, she didn't really stand out to me. She was just... there.

• Brohoof 1

Well... lets start this off with a pic to get the mood going on

post-19589-0-23425200-1420374157_thumb.png

Now lets see. SHE IS <3 . Well first the character is very realatable and a position many people have went through making her a very "close" character. Everybody did a mistake and had to fight hard to "repay" himself/herself from it and many people probably took very long to actually forgive you. Secondly its the scool dismissal which makes you feel extremly sorry for her as you can clearly see how she's trying to fit in. 

The there's the perfect <3 character design... I mean... what more could u ask <3 I dont know if its the colours or the smile or the design itself but God did they make her adorably cute <3

I mean first there's the clour and pony smile <3

post-19589-0-61469100-1420374519_thumb.png post-19589-0-68831500-1420374552_thumb.png

The there's this human smile which is worth millions

post-19589-0-25763800-1420374531_thumb.pngpost-19589-0-32596400-1420374532.jpgpost-19589-0-90456700-1420374532.jpg

And the Cutness <3

post-19589-0-66532700-1420374551_thumb.png

I really hope that they somehow implement her in season 5 in at LEAST an episode or two <3

post-19589-0-29978000-1420374749_thumb.png

I don't really have an opinion on her.

She's just... boring.

Someone who also thinks she's boring. Thank the lord.

I find her to be a generic character, she didn't really stand out to me. She was just... there.

I'm coming for you

You can run but you cant hide

post-19589-0-37017900-1420375405_thumb.png

Edit: ups... i used size 18...srrry

• Brohoof 3

Yeah screw it I LOVE HER. (In Rainbow Rocks).

She's my waifu. :)

Sorry to tell you this but==>

Get in line  :okiedokielokie:

queue2.jpg

:)  :)  :)

• Brohoof 2

she's utterly adorable, there needs to be SO much more of her (outside EQD), and she's WAY too forgiving of all the crap her new so-called "friends" put her through, during, and even after RR

Eh.. I don't see the appeal. Like, at all. In the first movie, she was just a stereotypical High School villain who wanted power, power, POWER, and in Rainbow Rocks she was the generic misunderstood character that became useful later in the movie. Not a fan of her to be honest.

I like her design though.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower
  • Brohoof 1

My thoughts on Sunset Shimmer..

Sunny became my favorite pony and Human after I saw Rainbow Rocks. She turned herself around and made her perfect and she became Waifu <3 (before lordav says get in line I've already been in said line :P)

Sunset Shimmer is love Sunset Shimmer is life :wub:

Edited by The_arrow_of_light
  • Brohoof 4

Swag to the maximum, swag to the one hundred thousand, swag to the hundred trillion! Oh god damn sunset shimmer!

BjOm9N7.png

Edit: In case you don't get it, I think she's awesome, but I've done explained why too many times.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL
  • Brohoof 4

Well since the first movie I always said she was cool (and that's the only thing wich was cool in the first movie with Pinkie explanations) ! But with rainbow rocks its even more good she's just one of the best chara of the show to me! so yeah more Sunset Shimmer in the show would be perfect cause she needs a bit of character dev now .

She's attractive and cute I give you that. But seriously though, her character has a lot of potential. She's some sort of Trixie who's a lot smarter and eventually turned good. I'm expecting her to appear in S4 as her pony version and further learn more about her background. 

Edited by Snivinerior

Villain?? Are we STILL on that? Sunset Shimmer said herself that she's in a much better place. She helped to defeat The Dazzlings and that 100% earns her a spot as a Hero...Heroine and part of the Mane 7. Plus they say in season 5 there will be a 7TH Elemtn of Harmony...could it be Sunset Shimmer?

She's cool, and i like her. Don't really have much more to say about that. She's just one of those antagonists-turned-good that I really like. Shows real potential, and after Rainbow Rocks, I've grown to like her even more. So there's that.