Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst MLP Fanfictions

BlueVeil

All the unnecessarily gory ones, like Cheerilee's Garden or Sweet Apple Massacre. The latter could as well be the worst fic I've ever read and not just out of FiM-themed ones. I could just wonder afterwards, what kind of person comes up with this stuff?

I don't enjoy clop either so clop fics too. I won't touch those with a ten-feet pole since reading smutty stuff is generally the worst so mixing friendly ponies meant for kids instantly makes it a lot worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me any story which includes any form of clop content I dislike I like crossover stories as long as it doesn't involve the character becoming a pony for example batman becoming a pony it isn't appealing to me

Most HiE stories that are blatant self inserts with no originality and are Gary Stus. The character does not react like a normal person would being sent to a world of talking ponies, is turned into a ponie without a care, can use magic because reasons, and is attracted to one or more of the mane 6 right away. The bad example of this is Learning to Live. The main character has a girlfriend on Earth but lusts after Twilight immediately, gets wings, a talking sword, a herd, and everyone likes him.

• Brohoof 1

Well, first I apologize in advance if I my words hurt anypony's feeling. 

If you're ask for worst mlp fanfics I ever read then I say, most of stories with Anon (no offense on anypony who likes those stories, some of them were actually good). 

The others could be clops for the sake of just clops (really they're just pointless). I actually don't mind it only if it really has true feelings, and sense behind it (I'm a fan of romance fics).

I can recommend you a few good fics I've read. (HiE alert)

A new begining in a new land

A new home

Project Sunflower

A voice among the strangers

(You guessed it. I'm a fan of HiE)

What's with everypony disliking clopfics? I personally love clopfics and don't understand why some people who've never even read a clopfic before can say that they "don't like it", how can you be sure you don't like it if you've never tried it:please:

Anyways the only kinda fanfictions I really don't like are ones with bad grammar and no sense of a story, I can stand the rest of them pretty well :proud:

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

What's with everypony disliking clopfics? I personally love clopfics and don't understand why some people who've never even read a clopfic before can say that they "don't like it", how can you be sure you don't like it if you've never tried it?

No, it's not like that @King of Canterlot. I can say for myself that I don't like clops without a good build up plot. 

I like clops with good build up and romance in it. I'm a fan of jadextheshadownight on fimfictions. The way he writes about romance and emotions is really amazing.

I dislike stories which are written just for the sake of clops without any other motive in mind. I mean C'mon niether humans nor Equestrian Ponies are animals so there should be something more than just full blown s**. 

Ahm... sorry for being a little blunt here. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, An Admirer said:

No, it's not like that @King of Canterlot. I can say for myself that I don't like clops without a good build up plot. 

I like clops with good build up and romance in it. I'm a fan of jadextheshadownight on fimfictions. The way he writes about romance and emotions is really amazing.

I dislike stories which are written just for the sake of clops without any other motive in mind. I mean C'mon niether humans nor Equestrian Ponies are animals so there should be something more than just full blown s**. 

Nah it's fine, we all have our different tastes in stories and such ;)

11 minutes ago, An Admirer said:

And the fact that most of those are written by people who clearly have little actual experience doesn't help :dash:. For real, it's hard to find real clop among the trash  :dry:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

And the fact that most of those are written by people who clearly have little actual experience doesn't help :dash:. For real, it's hard to find real clop among the trash  :dry:

True.

I've read plenty of bad fanfictions, but the worst ones I've seen are the shameless self insert fanfics. They have zero self-awareness and just end up being completely bland garbage. There probably are good ones out there, but I have yet to read them.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Outnick<3 said:

thanks!!! ( i hope there is no spoilers since i'm still on season 2 >-< )

Those where uploaded in 2012, so you shouldn't have much problem with spoilers. I'd advise starting with Fallout Equestria  (assuming you don't mind mature content), since that fic was conceived BEFORE S2, and there's nothing that'll spoil you of anything in the show

• 2 years later...

I try to avoid bad fanfiction, but I've seen some weak stuff. Mostly romances that end up being way too cheesy or don't justify the relationship.

Probably the worst fic I've read is Her Void Pink where Twilight is obsessed with Pinkie to an unhealthy degree and then they end up together despite Twilight not growing at all. Like, the sequel ends with Twilight finally learning to let Pinkie leave the library without her. That should not have taken 73K words.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Anything that's overly violent/gory or sexual for no reason other than to be edgy.

I'm not opposed to mature content (I read and greatly enjoyed Fallout Equestria) but the fanfics that are just "OMG Pinkie Pie tortured everybody and there was blood and guts everywhere, life sucks" are cringy as hell.

Edited by Sonic Shimmer