Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best thing from your childhood

BlueVeil

What was the best thing or moment that happened in your childhood? It can be a trip, a toy, a show, an experience, etc. I don't really have one, I'm just curious what's yours

I really don't know honestly, i mean alot of my earlier childhood till like 7-8 I can't even remember really, and the fact I'm 16 could possibly make me a child in some aspects still :P.

So I don't really know if I have one anyways, I can't think of any memorable events happening when i was younger.

I guess I played alot of Pokemon and watched it to when i was younger, then again I still do :P.

• Brohoof 4

Power Rangers

These things were the best and coolest things ever to most of my friends and me. The toys were our favorite things ever and we loved the TV shows. 

As for video games, probably Pokemon. I remember that being the best thing ever and had a lot of fun playing it with friends. And don't forget about the trading cards. 

Those two things were probably the best things in my childhood.

I guess I played alot of Pokemon and watched it to when i was younger, then again I still do .

Same! I was a massive Pokemon fan when I was about 8! But then again, I'm thirteen now, so I guess I'm technically still classed as a kid. I guess I still have time to find a 'Best thing from my childhood'!  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

my GBA SP img-1632322-1-biggrin.png

i got the 'special tribal edition' when i was a kid and it was awesome!

i still play metroid or mario on it now and then

EDIT:

i guess i'm still a kid by the way. i'm only 17 yet

EDIT2: whoa, two years later and i still roam these forums. awesome! :P

Edited by repsol rave

(edited)

Being able to turn any everyday place into an exciting world of fantasy and adventure, and befriend just about anyone easily, with no prejudice.
I sort of miss the more innocent time when I could take things at a face-value, and didn't have to over -think everything. 

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

When I was really little, I loved watching Disney movies. The ones I remember my parents owning on VHS were Mulan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, A Bug's Life, and even some Disney direct-to-video sequels, like Return to Neverland and The Jungle Book 2.

Some things I remember watching, but back then I had no idea what they actually were. For example, I remember watching Inspector Gadget 2 as a little kid, but back then I had no idea of what happened in the first movie, nor did I know it was based off of a 90's cartoon. 

For the people who are still around 15-17 and claims that you're children: You're teenagers. Not kids

For me it would be FIFA 98

Fuck, that intro gives me the chills. I remember how me and my brother renamed some of the players in Juventus after us and our family members. My brother was Del Piero and I was Inzaghi :3

Good times

For me it's childhood memories of summer. It was the best times ever! I would celebrate my birthday with friends. When I turned 11 my parents got me Final Fantasy IX for my birthday. I also remember playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater & Twisted Metal with friends and drinking Surge. Oh god Surge!!! :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, It's hard to simply choose a single relic from the past that made your childhood the best, but I'mma have to go with Nintendo. So many fond memories of playing their beautifully crafted games. They are, in my opinion, the best game developers, and they never fail to make me smile :)

90's Nickelodeon was pretty math, too.

Guess my good old PS2 made my childhood, since I was more of an introvert child. Ratchet & Clank just was my thing. I've lost count how often I finished it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm only 13! My childhood ain't dead yet!

I was (And still is) a huge Sonic fan! I played a ton of it on my 

PS2!

Pokemon was also a huge thing I enjoyed. I still have Blue for my Game Boy somewhere. mlp-tbob.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For me it would have to be the TV shows and the PlayStation 1. I have great memories of watching awesome cartoons and playing some classic games for PS1 such as crash bandicoot. 

Also I'd like to add Pokemon, being able to rent videos and hanging out with friends to the list :)

Edited by NightOwl

Well the two  things of my childhood was playing outside with some of the kids in my neighborhood (kickball and hide and seek tag were a blast), watching cartoon network, and playing the gamecube (favorites were Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash)

It's my old Playstation 2, that I used to play pretty much non stop. :D I remember how much I used to play Ratchet: Gladiator and NFS Underground 1 and 2. ^_^

My best Childhood memory was my 6'th birthday. My father bought me my first phone BUT THATS NOT IT!!!

My father had a friend who owned an aeroplane, and for my birthday I was allowed to sit alongside the pilot while we flew over Middelburg !!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!

yay.png

My NES.  I played the hell out of that thing- so much to the point that it seriously started to break down after 8 years or so.  Good thing I had my SNES by then, which is still playable today. 

Other than that?

The original G1 Transformers

GI Joes

Beauty and the Beast.  I saw that about 5 times in the theaters alone, and probably 20+ times overall.  I saw it a couple of years ago for the first time in ages, and it holds up even better as an adult. 

Watching Thundercats on TV

All the other great movies of the era- the original Star Wars Trilogy (though I caught the first two only on video and TV), the Indiana Jones trilogy, Goonies, the Back to the Future movies, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Little Mermaid, Truly an era of great cinematic imagination. 

(edited)

Well the best moments of my childhood was like

EVERY SINGLE DAY WHEN I PLAYED POKÉMON ON MY GAME BOY. (I still play Pokémon c: )

Seriously I was like Pokécrazy.

And well it depends on how far back childhood is..

Because there is this game called Battle for Middle-Earth which I played every single day from 2004 to 2010 (when I was 8 to when I was 14) It kinda was my life there for a couple of years

Edited by Jokuc

Video games.

I think it's safe to say that I'm still living my childhood though. I said I'm never gonna grow up and I meant it. laugh.png

So video games. Then, now and forever.

For me stuff like Pokemon and the older Tony Hawk games(up to and including underground two and such), hands down..Followed by all those wonderful ps1/2 games everyone has listed. I wasn't a people person and had no neighbors... so ya....

I have a little Beanie Baby dog that I got when I was two years old. I remember calling him Tuffy and I always held him under my left armpit. I never slept a wink without that dog.