Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best thing from your childhood

BlueVeil

Cartoons!!! Loved coming home and watching rugrats and all those other really old cartoons... Cartoons now a days suck >,> i really wish they would play old instead of making new ones

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Pokémon.

I mentioned how I loved this franchise a bunch of times before. It's true; I did love it as a kid. From the games to the cards to the action figures, Pokémon took up my life for several years. I didn't care if people thought it was stupid; Pokémon was the bomb.

• Brohoof 1

I watched the heck out of Thomas and Friends. Like, I'd get up at like 7 AM on Saturday just to watch it, plus I had like a million VHS/DVDs and toys of it. Still have most of those, in fact (though I sold all my S9-11, 13-14 and 3 of the movie DVDs).

I also loved my Gameboy Advance SP. I took that freaking everywhere playing Super Mario, Pokemon and this crappy Garfield game on it.

(edited)

Camping..... Making smores and hanging out by the campfire. Playing tag,playing sports and overall just hanging around the campgrounds. Those were the days, If only my parents didn't get divorced...

Edited by ShadowedDreamer

Pokemon, GBC, N64 & Toonami/DBZ :3 

That sums it up perfectly.

the best thing in my childhood was the motto: girls rule boys drool. no offense of course, but I miss those days when I though guys were the weirdest thing xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Being born was a pretty significant event in my early life.  Then came the NES and Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt.  THEN arrived the SNES and Super Mario World.  THEN there was discovering my b-day present Super Mario Kart; left on the bed by my mother for me to find.  In fact, though she usually couldn't afford more expensive things except on Xmas and b-days, my mother would occasionally buy some small thing and secretly deposit it on my bed before I came home from school.  Hayao Miyazaki's "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" (the VHS dub was called "Warriors of the Wind," I believe) was the first anime I ever saw; I was either in kindergarten or hadn't started school.  "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Transformers" left quite the impressions.  "Ghostbusters" and "Beetlejuice" action figures were a thing.  I was given a little green T-rex plush I named "Eater" (because T-rex ate things, I suppose).

Running around pretending to be ninja turtles or aliens or who-knows-what with my little brother was nice, too. : )

I miss those days when I though guys were the weirdest thing xD

I'm pretty sure we still are the weirdest thing.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 1

The old Cartoons and Movies In early 2000s

Also the PS2 (my 1st gaming console) also my childhood friends (I do miss them because I've moved lots in my childhood)

Video games were definitely a big part of my childhood, mainly the gamecube and wii which is what I grew up with. Other than video games though, Dragon ball Z was another one of my favorite things as a child. I also remember me and my older brothers would do something similar to roleplaying. pretty much my oldest brother would always narrate the story what was going on and where you were, and we would say what our character would do. That was always really fun to do on camping trips and long road trips.

Pokemon, hands down. More the games than the show, not saying I don't like the show, mind you :P

My first ever Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow alongside a Gameboy Color. Been hooked on the game since I was in Primary school.

Also, when the Mystery Dungeon series were released... christ, I was so emotionally attached to those games, I remember the ending almost bringing me to tears. :(

Omg the playstation 2 and gameboy advanced, I played them all the time! Crash bandicoot, spyro, cell damage. Ah, good times :) Haha

Crash bandicoot was ruined by crash of the titans and spyro was ruined by skylanders.

For me it's childhood memories of summer. It was the best times ever! I would celebrate my birthday with friends. When I turned 11 my parents got me Final Fantasy IX for my birthday. I also remember playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater & Twisted Metal with friends and drinking Surge. Oh god Surge!!! :D

Surge is back you know, you can buy it on amazon now.

I remember, one summer night when I wasn't much more than 5, my grandfather took me to get a Route 44 slush (remember those days before health consciousness :lol:) in his 1969 Chevrolet Camaro 350. I recall the Locusts chirping, the roar of the V8, the smell of aged leather, the vibrant taste of the grape Slushie, and the sound of Ben E. King crooning "Stand By Me" over the crackling AM radio. I was on top of the world.

Not long after that, I rode in my uncle's 1990 Camaro Rally Sport, and then a few years later went my first big car show with my grandpa. We've went back to that show every year since 2002 except for 2012 and this year because it rained :(

BTW, he still has the Camaro and he's not selling it anytime soon B)

post-33250-0-84220600-1432874981.jpg

post-33250-0-80202900-1432874991.jpg

post-33250-0-33510200-1432875006_thumb.jpg

I just remember being able to make fun out of any situation.

My imagination was very vivid

• Brohoof 1

I think Dexter's Laboratory was the best thing, for me... it always gave me good company in the lonely mornings before school. :catface: I enjoyed Ed, Edd n Eddy more, but, it was more a show I could enjoy in my free time, rather than one that would give me positivity before going to school where I felt little of it... I don't know how I'd have turned out if I didn't have that little bit of comfort. 

Best thing from my childhood would be all the tv shows I enjoyed. Each one was nice to watch and always brought me back up from a depressing day. 

(edited)

Daytona USA: This game was awesome, and it has awesome music, and is considered by many people, even me, to be the greatest racing game ever made. The theme is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

Virtua Racing: From the Heavenly Name Entry screen to the charming Polygonal Graphics. This game also gives you childhood memories as well. Tracks in San Francisco and Greece really took the cake. Realism like Daytona, even Wheelspin and Aerodynamics are simulated!!!

Tomb Raider: Me and my dad love this game, my dad has completed the first and third one. The third one is the hardest. The theme music literally gives you the chills, anyone remember locking the butler in the Fridge?

Burnout 2: Despite being British, this is a racing game that practically screams Daytona USA and Ridge Racer. The theme music is especially awesome. It's inspired by a Konami game called Thrill Drive. Crashing into cars has never been so fun!!! I'm not saying British people are bad, I'm british myself!!!

Ridge Racer: Screaming around city streets in your car. While listening to Jazz or Techno music, is a formula for fun. The Arcade Version is more accessible than Daytona USA. Which is why this game would be more successful than Daytona if it was Multiplayer first. The Announcer, Michael G, is especially awesome.

Films and TV shows from my childhood included: Dumbo, Lion King, Come Outside, Toy Story, Pingu, Teletubbies, Farthing Wood and many others. And then there was that wierd mars lip sofa commercial. That scared me alot. Along with classic BBC2 Idents.

http://www.tvspots.tv/video/957/mars--lip-sofa

Oh, and I forgot the Virtua Fighter series, that was awesome.

Edited by ScarfaceOne