Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where would you settle if you have to leave your country?

aoEAF2FBvC0MIo2Q

Let's say that for whatever reason conceivable you have to leave your home country behind to go settle elsewhere. Where would you choose to live and why?

Maybe you're loyal to your country and whatever is it that keeps you there and then the government decided to exile you just because the president or prime minister had a bad day since his dog used his cigar stash as a bathroom or something.

As for me, I'm thinking about Iceland. The climate doesn't seem too bad and it seems like one of the better societies out there. Fun fact; in Iceland, women are better in math than the men (although not by much). I think going through the trouble of learning Icelandic would be worth it.

• Brohoof 5

Why would I want to leave America, it's the frickin' US of A? *gets exiled* Well I guess I'll go to Australia, the weather there seems similar to where I live, sunny, hot, etc. But, Australia doesn't have a bill of rights which is a bit iffy IMO. My second choice would be Canada, maybe Vancouver would be a nice city to live in.

• Brohoof 2

Either the US or Canada.

If it was to be the US, then I'd settle some place that isn't prone to hurricanes or wildfires.

If it was to be Canada, probably Calgary or Winnipeg.

'MURICA! I live in Iceland and it's great and all, but the roads kind of suck and the gas prices are very high and the same goes for the taxes. Also, gender equality is very good in my country, so girls are probably better at math, that's probably why there are always a lot of girls in math classes. They are also all out of you league unless you are very handsome. So be warned.. lol

As for me, I'm thinking about Iceland. The climate doesn't seem too bad and it seems like one of the better societies out there. Fun fact; in Iceland, women are better in math than the men (although not by much). I think going through the trouble of learning Icelandic would be worth it.

I'm Icelandic and even I find it difficult to use it. It's just a very hard language filled with way too many unnecessary grammar rules. Also, be ready for a lot of rain and snow if you do.. It's the middle of the summer and it has been raining all summer.. Well last summer it was snowing. It's always snowing and raining, I love it. I'm not a fan of the sun, but sometimes I miss it. But the winter is awesome here, once you drive here in the winter.. Well, let's just say if you survive, that you have proven yourself worthy of living in Iceland. Little tricky, so it's best to have a big truck which is why everyone drives either a big truck or a very high car.

'Murica, that's where I want to live, I would say Germany but the EU are putting on some rules that say that no cars can be produced with more emissions then 95 g/km. So the german sports cars might not be too sporty in 2020. So there is nothing fun there. I just like the USA at the moment, a lot of cars and stuff. I'm not sure why really, it's just because of that roadtrip feeling.. A lot of roads and iconic cities. I was going to move to America if Iceland joined the EU but luckily that's never going to happen (while I'm here) so I didn't have to move. So 'Murica it is!

Dodge-Challenger-Commercial.jpg

I'm gonna have to say Canada..
Because I think it'd be pretty much like living in Britain only A LOT nicer..
That and it has Moose(s) there.. And I really love moose(s)

That and it's where MLP:FIM is from

Soooo, yeah.. Canada

'MURICA! I live in Iceland and it's great and all, but the roads kind of suck and the gas prices are very high and the same goes for the taxes. Also, gender equality is very good in my country, so girls are probably better at math, that's probably why there are always a lot of girls in math classes. They are also all out of you league unless you are very handsome. So be warned.. lol

I'm Icelandic and even I find it difficult to use it. It's just a very hard language filled with way too many unnecessary grammar rules. Also, be ready for a lot of rain and snow if you do.. It's the middle of the summer and it has been raining all summer.. Well last summer it was snowing. It's always snowing and raining, I love it. I'm not a fan of the sun, but sometimes I miss it. But the winter is awesome here, once you drive here in the winter.. Well, let's just say if you survive, that you have proven yourself worthy of living in Iceland. Little tricky, so it's best to have a big truck which is why everyone drives either a big truck or a very high car.

'Murica, that's where I want to live, I would say Germany but the EU are putting on some rules that say that no cars can be produced with more emissions then 95 g/km. So the german sports cars might not be too sporty in 2020. So there is nothing fun there. I just like the USA at the moment, a lot of cars and stuff. I'm not sure why really, it's just because of that roadtrip feeling.. A lot of roads and iconic cities. I was going to move to America if Iceland joined the EU but luckily that's never going to happen (while I'm here) so I didn't have to move. So 'Murica it is!

img-1635888-1-Dodge-Challenger-Commercia

So you want to live in the US of A? What state would you like to live in? I live in California where it's sunny 90% of the time, even in the winter.

• Brohoof 2

So you want to live in the US of A? What state would you like to live in? I live in California where it's sunny 90% of the time, even in the winter.

Humm state, had not thought of that. They all seem to be good enough, I guess Texas because it's easy to find cars that are still in shape there to restore. But if not in Texas then probably in Colorado or Washington, Seattle. But I guess I would go for Texas just for the cars, although I could not live in that much sun so I'd rather go for Washington state, because Seattle looks awesome but so does Colorado. So I'm not sure.. :P

i would move to Sweden mainly because i have duel citizenship so i am a citizen of both Sweden and the united states  so i win no matter what.

Humm state, had not thought of that. They all seem to be good enough, I guess Texas because it's easy to find cars that are still in shape there to restore. But if not in Texas then probably in Colorado or Washington, Seattle. But I guess I would go for Texas just for the cars, although I could not live in that much sun so I'd rather go for Washington state, because Seattle looks awesome but so does Colorado. So I'm not sure.. :P

I bet you chose Colorado and Washington because marijuana is legal there, jk. Actually, cars are easy to find in California too. I know because my cousin fixes up cars like that (he has a 53' Bel Air). I don't know too much about Texas, all I know is that their governor ain't very bright. But the choice is yours. I like Washington too, it seems like a nice place with all the rain lol.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm.... I'd have to say all of Europe is now my playground! Na, I'd love to see the sights, but I would prefer Ireland or Czechoslovakia's remaining pieces (find my roots). 

I bet you chose Colorado and Washington because marijuana is legal there, jk. Actually, cars are easy to find in California too. I know because my cousin fixes up cars like that (he has a 53' Bel Air). I don't know too much about Texas, all I know is that their governor ain't very bright. But the choice is yours. I like Washington too, it seems like a nice place with all the rain lol.

Ehm.. Nope.. lol I would actually also love living in California, because it seems like a nice place. It's the rain I was going for, lol If cars are easy to find in California then I would have nothing against living there. In my country, cars rust away from salt and all that stuff. That's why Texas was my first idea, I love it that there are people out there restoring old beauties. They deserve to be driven, they are simply too beautiful to simply rust away. In my country you won't see older models then 1990 tops, usually only cars around 94-97. So I guess I would go for Washington, for the rain.. lol happy.png

(edited)

I live in Rhode Island in the USA. Even though I'm pretty far north, It still gets hot as hell in the summer. So I would move just a little farther north to Canada. Okay a lot north. I would go pretty far up in Canada because I hate the heat but tolerate the cold. So when it's cold I don't mind, and then it'd still be cool in the summer.

I think huh.png

I've never actually been to Canada..

Edited by Ampharos

Ehm.. Nope.. lol I would actually also love living in California, because it seems like a nice place. It's the rain I was going for, lol If cars are easy to find in California then I would have nothing against living there. In my country, cars rust away from salt and all that stuff. That's why Texas was my first idea, I love it that there are people out there restoring old beauties. They deserve to be driven, they are simply too beautiful to simply rust away. In my country you won't see older models then 1990 tops, usually only cars around 94-97. So I guess I would go for Washington, for the rain.. lol happy.png

I have family up in Washington, my aunt who lives up there told me about in "being a fresh breath of air" up there. As for the cars thing, there's a guy down the street from my house  who has a 70' Chrager, and another guy with a rusty 69' Charger and they're just parked there, there also someone near by with an El Camino, there's also someone with an old Buick (I think it a GS), there's also a guy with a fixed up 64' Impala and then there's another person with a really nice Bel Air (I think it's a 54'). So yea, old cars aren't hard to find in California xD.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have family up in Washington, my aunt who lives up there told me about in "being a fresh breath of air" up there. As for the cars thing, there's a guy down the street from my house  who has a 70' Chrager, and another guy with a rusty 69' Charger and they're just parked there, there also someone near by with an El Camino, there's also someone with an old Buick (I think it a GS), there's also a guy with a fixed up 64' Impala and then there's another person with a really nice Bel Air (I think it's a 54'). So yea, old cars aren't hard to find in California xD.

Charger 70', charger 69', el camino, old buick, impala 64', bel air.... *packs suitcase* That's it, I'm going to California.. lol x3 So many restored cars, California is obviously where it's at. lol

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

(edited)

I love muh USA but I would have to say Canada. It's pretty close to the us and I don't really mind the cold. Plus I could stalk @Feld0 . Though, I have always dreamed to go to England.

Edited by Eureka
  • Brohoof 1

Charger, charger, el camino, old buick, impala, bel air.... *packs suitcase* That's it, I'm going to California.. lol x3 So many restored cars, California is obviously where it's at. lol

A few are restored, some are just sitting there, like the chargers, the Impala and Bel Air are restored though. Did I mention that earthquakes are a common thing in California? But don't worry, you'll get used them fairly quickly. I know I have to the point where they're "meh whatever". They'll scare you the first few times though, but overall it's not a big deal. I've been through several earthquakes.

• Brohoof 1

I would probably move to Canada as I live in Minnesota, which borders Canada. The weather wouldn't be too different. It would be nice. If I moved to the UK I would want to live in a nice, safe, small town. I would avoid London (or Londonistan as some call it). I would also consider going to Australia. It seems nice there. Basically, all my first options are the countries most similar to America. I would love to live in Japan, but it's a little too close to China, Russia, and North Korea for my comfort. Also, I don't like earthquakes.

I'd have to settle with a fellow English-speaking country. I'm not too fluent in any other languages, and communication is pretty important, even if I tend to avoid it even in my homeland...

I'd say somewhere in the U.K., or New Zealand. Beautiful countries ^_^

I'd like to say that I'd probably end up over in Asia somewhere, probably up in the alps. Anybody see that one Italian film, English name High Frequency? I can see myself monitoring a satellite relay station like that, far from civilization. That, or maybe somewhere in Russia. I've always wanted to visit that country.

I already have. I'm Canadian, I currently live in Washington State, and I have backup plans for moving to places like England, Belize, and a variety of other countries just in case.